General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, this is my first post on this thread and would first of all like to offer my congratulations to everyone involved in the trun around of our great club, I look at every new season with optimism rather than preparing myself for the worst (as in previous seasons).

My question is this, After being linked with some very gifted players in the press in recent weeks, I was wondering a) if there is any substance to these rumours? and B) when do you think we will be signing players that are considered to be galacticos (ie top quality players mostly seen in the Champions league)?

Cheers

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, this is my first post on this thread and would first of all like to offer my congratulations to everyone involved in the trun around of our great club, I look at every new season with optimism rather than preparing myself for the worst (as in previous seasons).

My question is this, After being linked with some very gifted players in the press in recent weeks, I was wondering a) if there is any substance to these rumours? and B) when do you think we will be signing players that are considered to be galacticos (ie top quality players mostly seen in the Champions league)?

Cheers

The General doesn't talk about transfers.

General Krulak here:

1. evnsj6: As I have mentioned often, a CEO of AVFC is NOT going to "help MON in transfer dealings." Randy and MON work the transfer window.l..Randy with money and MON with finding the right players for our Team. When it comes to a CEO, his/her efforts are not focused on the Football side of the house...that is the purview of the man charged with running that side of the house...in our case, MON. MON does have people who help him with transfers...he has lawyers, coaches, scouts, etc. etc. He does not need a CEO looking over his shoulder...and he does not have one. :wink:

Cheers Gen,

Thats put me in my place!!!! Ha ha ha.

Keep up the good work and Champions League here we come.

Any chance of a free wedding at Villa Park in 2010?

For me and the Mrs by the way, was not a proposal!!!!

UP THE VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hi General..i just have a question for you if you wouldn't mind,i live in ireland and i am just wondering about the availability for next seasons Jersey's over here..last summer i was lucky enough to get a home top (only because i was working in the sports store),but i couldn't get my hands on the away one's,now its not just for my benefit that im asking this question..its for fellow fans that i talk to over here too,even with the home Jersey they still couldn't get one..i just think as far as astonvilla is concerned i think the club is missing out on a lot of sales etc....the same shop i was working in didn't even here of the 2nd away top..if you could clear this up for me,it would be greatly appreciated sir...

ps id like to say thank you to your good self,Randy,MON and every one that has turned our fortunes around over the last few years..

General,

Further to earlier comments made about ground improvements, timelines etc can you tell me if Villa Park will still be used as a venue for London 2012 Olympics? If yes, what changes will have to be implemented before then? If no, then why no?!!

General, I have a quick complaint re Barry (well, not really him, I understand he and MOn and randy have big decisions to make).

But as you know a lot of people are on tenterhooks waiting for news.

That being the case, it gets frustrating seeing stories headlined 'Barry Settled' and 'Barry Vow' on the official site. For the record, the first was about Gareth Barrys England form, the second about Barry Bannan in the reserves.

I know a website is about maximising webhits, and it's a good tecnique for doing so. But the OFFICIAL site shouldn't, IMO, be maximising them by using headlines which they KNOW will be misinterpreted and get people's hopes up.

Hello General,

Just a quick question, not sure if you can help but no one on the normal forum knew. With the Season Ticket Easy Payment Scheme do I need to physically hand the forms in to the ticket office as I live in Telford (about 30-40 mins drive traffic depending) so seems silly if I could just mail it?

Any help would be appreciated,

General

I agree with Adam2003's comments entirely! I look at the website many times daily anyway, so we don't need these cheap 'headline-grabbing' story titles. Hope you're enjoying the 'off-season' - here's hoping we get a few first 'draft picks' at the Villa! :cheers:

Good day General,this is my first post to you on here and one of few I have posted on here since I joined up a few years ago,I am more of a reader of this message board,mainly because I am so happy how this great club is being run these last two years,and would like to say a big well done to everyone involved in getting our club moving again in the right direction.

The reason I am posting now is to find out when the players training gear is going to go on sale in the souvenir shop,I have been coming up especially over the last few years around this time of year to purchase some,but I live between Bedford and Luton which is about 80-90 miles away from Villa park,and I work nights so I need to plan my trip up to give me time,any help from you or anyone on this message board to help plan my visit to the souvenir shop would be much appreciated,as I dont make it up to 'home' as much as I would like to.

Thank you for your time and making this club so open and honest with us fans

General,

A lot of Villa fans have started booking flights and stuff for our away leg of the Intertoto on the 19/20th. We wont know exactly who we are playing until the week before when it will be hard to find a place to stay and flights might be expensive. I am hoping Villa will help us out somehow and I was wondering if you could tell us what exactly they might do for us fans who are trying to get to the game?

Cheers,

Andy.

General,

A lot of Villa fans have started booking flights and stuff for our away leg of the Intertoto on the 19/20th. We wont know exactly who we are playing until the week before when it will be hard to find a place to stay and flights might be expensive. I am hoping Villa will help us out somehow and I was wondering if you could tell us what exactly they might do for us fans who are trying to get to the game?

Cheers,

Andy.

I'm assuming you are asking if there will be organised trips by the club and not asking the General for a sub?

General, I have a quick complaint re Barry (well, not really him, I understand he and MOn and randy have big decisions to make).

But as you know a lot of people are on tenterhooks waiting for news.

That being the case, it gets frustrating seeing stories headlined 'Barry Settled' and 'Barry Vow' on the official site. For the record, the first was about Gareth Barrys England form, the second about Barry Bannan in the reserves.

I know a website is about maximising webhits, and it's a good tecnique for doing so. But the OFFICIAL site shouldn't, IMO, be maximising them by using headlines which they KNOW will be misinterpreted and get people's hopes up.

I'd like to echo that point too. Whoever is writing the headlines for the official site is, to put it bluntly, taking the piss. We regularly get headlines like "NEWSFLASH: Henry set to join tomorrow!!" only to click on it and realise that it's a story about some bloke called Henry Bloggs who has just been hired to clean the bins.

If you have any idea who is doing that, please give him a slap on our behalf and tell him it stopped being funny about two years ago. Cheers ;)

Hi General, hope all's well in the Krulak household.

I've seen people ask your proudest moment, or most exciting moment/highlight on this thread, so I thought I'd go the other way. If this has been asked then I apologise but I don't remember it (though you know what my memory is like!). My question is what has disappointed you most since joining Villa? I know you'll have had far more positiive moments than disappointing ones, but there must have been some.

edit: Oh and unless I imagined it General Krulak went to meet the Democratic candidates and gave them all a Villa scarf. Haven't spotted Hilary wearing it yet though!

General if you could pick any player in the world to come to Villa Park and play for us who would it be?

Has anything happened with the Veggie/Healthier food options and possibility of people walking around with a Beer Gun selling beer as they walk around the the ground to ease queueing? no need for them in the stands btw i dont like all that passing hotdogs etc like in america as people get up and block your view when an important play occurs its sods law

General, What happened to the easy payment scheme? Last season it was every 2 months a payment was taken, now its August, September and October, then thats your lot. You had a chance to save up before. I'm lucky in the fact that i can still do it but what about the guy who works at Asda? Easy payment scheme? Trading Standards might disagree!!

General Krulak here:

1. I have been at Villa Park all week but have been VERY busy.

2. Randy looked at many Clubs but always had Villa as first choice.

3. I like beer/lager.

4. Again, it is no use me speculating on signings. I do know that MON and Randy are on top of this and we just need to wait it out. I know that is tough (for me too) but we just need to trust them.

5. Yes, you will be able to get kit in Ireland...we are pressing Nike for greater distribution at this time. We will not be playing a friendly in Ireland this year.

6. I see no reason that the Club will not be ready to host a game in 2012.

7. Nath182. Please call Nicky keye at ticketing.

8. Obama..in dem race and in final election.

9. Worst moment at Villa Park? Sunderland...I was absolutely gutted.

10. I spoke with Alison Plant about healthy foods and she said "absolutely" this coming season.

11. If I had my choice to pick any player in the world to come to Villa???? My wife at right back.