General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, any chance of getting some wallpapers for a computer put up on the official site in the future? Maybe some of the players & some group shots? I know there are more pressing matters at the moment but in the future it would be nice.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich, that is the land that has been sold off to BCSL and thus they will be developing it with I believe few if any car park spaces

Still an "official" car park Ian so there must be some plans. Thats my question really

sorry to debate this but the land on tehre is no longer owned by Villa so nothing they can do

General Krulak here:

2. Remember for the tribute to Mellberg, the fans are really the key!!

Hi General,

Last point on this I promise! Re: the idea of a Swedish flag. Yes, the fans are the key and I'm sure we'll send him off in style. I just thought the flag would be that step above anything we could organise between us.

It doesn't have to cost the club any money potentially. Perhaps your commercial team could approach Ikea and get them to sponsor this tribute. They cuold get branding on the back of each card and have some special 10% (or more!) discount for all Villa fans when presenting the card at Ikea. Its a perfect synergy for them. I believe Ikea have just celebrated their 21st Birthday so it's an ideal team for them to market themselves and what a great way to do so!

Anyway, I'll stop now!

Thanks,

Just seen the season ticket price increase General.

Although a tad annoying, they seem to be still set at a reasonable price and im still quite happy to pay that amount for a season ticket.

Now we just need the board to spend the extra revenue in keeping the likes of Gareth Barry and complimenting him with players like Rafael Van Der Vaart and Diego....

Cheers General

UPTHEVILLA

Genaral,

Glad to see the ST prices have been released. I will be purchasing for the first time this year and I am happy with the prices, progression on the pitch needs to be compensated by something and as we are all riding the train together... etc. Anyway my question is, from when can we purchase season tickets? A date isn't indicated on the OS.

Cheers

Jon

General,

Way back in July 2006 i like many other Villa fans sent an email message through the Cleveland Browns website for the attention of Mr Randy Learner as follows;

Dear Sir, I have been an Aston Villa FC fan for over fifty years and in spite of my current discontent and frustration at the running of my club I still renew my Season Ticket year after year.The opportunity to oust the current Chairman Doug Ellis together with a new owner and regime in place to offer the loyal supporter base our pride back is an opportunity that I sincerely hope transpires in the near future. Your reported interest gave every single Villa fan I know a huge lift and in spite of Doug Ellis I can assure you that you would be treated with the utmost resect should you be encouraged to follow up ypur initial interest.From a commercial viewpoint Villa is a sleeping Giant and there would be a tremendous rollercoaster ride for the next owners should they make the investment required. Please let it be you and I can safely say that you, your team and the Aston Villa fans would never regret it. Kind Regards.

At the time I sent this email I could not have imagined that the progress both on and off the field and less than two years later has been immence and certainly beyond my wildest dreams. Long may this progress continue in persuit of returning Aston Villa back to where every Villa fan believes they rightly belong at the very pinnacle of the game. We are certainly on the march again and getting stronger with every step. Thanks again to Mr Lerner, yourself and every member of the team for everthing.

General,

I think the season ticket price rises are reasonable and me, my daughter and brother will definately be renewing. This will be my 21st year as a season ticket holder and with whats being served up on the pitch I certainly feel I'm getting better value for money than I have in a long time.

Cheers General.

General, It is good to see that that villa have resisted putting the pice of season tickets up too much. My seat in the upper holte has gone up by £1.31 a game which i have to say is bloody good. I know the season has yet to conclude but i have to say that this years season ticket has been amzing value for money and i will be renewing along with my pals. The money i saved on the Wigan tickets for my son and his mate has covered my price increase.

The website says they wil offer a range of initiaves, any idea what these will be?

General, I'm pleased to see that the club have kept their word regarding ticket prices. You always told us they would be well priced, as they are for the Browns and the new prices announced show that they are just that. It's great to see once again that what comes out of the club isn't just marketing spiel, it's the truth and words are kept.

Thanks! See you at VP next season!

General,

Believe me, the comments made by Musicw8832 do not represent 99.9% of the Villa faithful as you will see in the season ticket renewals. I've had a ticket for the last 15 years and cant wait for the new season - bring it on and thank you and Randy for everything. Compare now to 2 yrs ago and it's frightening how much progress we've made. :cheers:

General,

I will DEFINITELY be renewing next season, and echo the easy payment scheme. Worked a treat for me this season and I guess families with kids and tight budgets found it a godsend as well.

General, here is my honest take purely on the season ticket price increases. This is in isolation of the great work done so far by Randy, yourself and the rest of the 'behind the scenes' team.

My wife and I = 2 x £450. Up 5.9% in two years. 9 out of 10 :D

My ten year old son = 1 x £165. Up 32% in two years. Admittedly from a low base, but as an increase 4 out of 10 :|

Total = £1065. Up 9.2% in two years. 7 out of 10 :)

I am aware of most issues surrounding the econonics of football and the comparisons to be made against other clubs offering a similar 'product'. So, whilst we would all like cheaper or even free(!) tickets, my assessment of the total season ticket price for my 'Villa family' is 8 out of 10. :D

Hopefully this will give you some balance against some of the more extreme and in my opinion, unrealistic posts on this issue.

Keep up the good work!

increasexe7.jpg

General,

Are AVFC trying to put kids off coming to the games? Especially disabled ones?

My son has been saving all year to pay for his own season ticket for the first time as I want him to understand the value of it.

I'm very proud of how well he has done but now he is nowhere near it without a chance of getting there. No doubt I will reluctantly cover the extra but these increases for kids are a disgrace.

No doubt I'll be told how we are cheaper than other teams or we could sit somewhere else, but that is not a valid arguement. The increase is on a product that I purchased last year. I expect the same product.

That arguement is like owning a BMW 6 series and them putting the prices up and the company saying if it means that much to you buy a 3 series or go and buy a skoda instead.

I look forward to reply but no doubt this will just get ignored as most challenging posts do.

General,

Believe me, the comments made by Musicw8832 do not represent 99.9% of the Villa faithful as you will see in the season ticket renewals. I've had a ticket for the last 15 years and cant wait for the new season - bring it on and thank you and Randy for everything. Compare now to 2 yrs ago and it's frightening how much progress we've made. :cheers:

Apparently Wigsy does represent 99.9% of the Villa faithful...

However the fact is he doesn't and I won't be the only one not renewing I can assure you.

I'm disgusted General I really am. So disapointed. Look at the table in the post above, it is shameful when the club will be getting a doubly increased £40 million pounds of television money. It is pure greed on behalf of those running the club to raise ticket prices as well.

General:

On the subject of 08/09 season tickets the price rise for under 21s for the central sections of the Trinity & DE Stands has risen from £250 to £450 (80%). The maximum in other areas for U21s is £310 and 17 - 20 years old's will be paying only £60 less than adults in this area of the ground.

I know these youngsters have the option of moving to other areas of the ground where their costs would be lower but many may have sat where they are now for many years with their parents and friends who sit in groups, so this is a less simple option for them as well as for those they sit with.

I can appreciate that it is likely to be too late to do anything about this now, but a large proportion of these 17 - 20s will still be in full time education and so a large price increase will be likely to bite quite hard.

With a view to the future, could some consideration be given to the combo price being extended to include this age grouping (with the combined price being higher to reflect the seat price differences) and could the prospect of staggering increases over the period between U16 & U21 be considered so that the jump between U16 & U21/Adult pricing is less demanding?

In closing many thanks for the great work that you, Randy and all at B6 are all doing for our football club, the season ticket prices are in the main more than reasonable and I hope you won't mind me bringing this one matter to your attention.