General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I can describe in words what that response from you means to me and everyone else.

I still feel like im dreaming, to hear such positive and kind words from a director at OUR club and to hear the ambition and will/desire for success.

I honestly feel anything is possible under Randy, you and MON's charge,and to imagine you and Randy sat in the directors box after the game brings a smile to my face like every minute of Sundays match.

thank you is all i can say, as i keep saying THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF.

UTV

What a FANTASTIC response from the General. Words fail me. THANK YOU.

I wish I was living in Brum right now. Melbourne has it's attractions, but nothing will beat the sight of Villa Park on the telly on Sunday. :flag:

Bahah great stuff General! Glad you enjoyed it. The whole place seemed to be rocking from the coverage I managed to get, must have been immense to be in the Holte. Put a huge grin on my face just reading that.

I think you're rapidly staking a claim as the most likable man in football. I'm quite looking forward to getting down to VP when I'm back home and hopefully meeting you sir!

General, you always say you and Randy are proud of us, the fans. But we are equally proud of you two.

The amount of praise on other sites from other team's fans for our board has been amazing. So many people have said that we have the best board in the Premiership, and that our club is ran the best. To be honest, when Randy took over, I was hoping for Randy to just back the manager. I didn't even dream of some of the stuff Randy & co has done for this club. Every little thing that has been done means the world, and I'm sure I'll be back to say the same for other things Randy will do in the future.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, it was one of the best atmospheres I have experienced in the 12 years I've been supporting Villa. There will be more days like that, and there will also be some disappointing days, but the future is bright.

General, you and Randy, have made me proud to be a Villan once again... I know sometimes I can seem to be negative, but I genuinely believe you are the best team of directors in world football.. I honestly owe you a huge debt of gratitude, and can't thank you enough!

General Krulak here:

1. I just got back to the US and I want to give you my view of the weekend. First and foremost, I could hardly sleep Saturday night...I haven't felt that fired up since Desert Storm. Randy and I decided not to sit in the Director's Box...not because of the Gold situation but because we honestly wanted to be with the Fans and see the game from their perspective. Randy spent a good deal of time standing in the Trinity.

Talk about getting us into trouble with the Council, General :lol::lol::lol:

General, we are so proud that you and Randy could see a day like this and hopefully it's one of many we'll have in the future, and I for one would like to thank you both, plus all the staff for progress we have made under your term so far.

First, the game. I thought the lads never looked better. The pace was dramatic, the play in the center of the field was brilliant...Petrov looks like the man MON signed...NRC has an engine that will NOT stop...and our Captain, well, he was superb. His passes were spot on...all the time. The back line was tight and strong...defending well and pushing forward when needed. The picture of Mellberg coming off the Pitch and pumping his fists will last with me for years. John Carew was unstoppable. They mugged him and still couldn't stop him. Young and Gabby were absolutely too much for anyone to handle. EVERY player was magnificent...

Note to the above Gen, please do everything you can to retain GB's services. Regardless what some people may think about whether we should or shouldn't, his consistency is second to none and this football club needs him. As NRC said in the match programme, "he leads by example" and personally I think there would be a massive void without him.

On another thought... Hopefully, there will be some quality recruitments to play alongside those battle hardened heroes from the weekend. You say Randy want's to do the best for the fans, then I believe he knows that after Sunday's performance the right investment could potentially push us up there.

Gen, pass on my greatest thanks to Randy, I can feel it that we are so close. I was literally frightened by how good we were Sunday and can only dream of watching more of that in the years to come.

Jon

its simply fantastic to hear the directors and chairman talk about the club in such a deeply personal way, sent shivers down my spine it really did.

never been happier to be a villa fan and enjoyed the day on sunday immensely!

everton is a big game, but whatever happens, we have taken great strides on and off the pitch this year and you have all done a fantastic job. ive never been more confident that villa will once again join the elite.

love you guys! and i love doug for selling to you! :D

.....and i love doug for selling to you! :D

I second that. There's no harsher critic of Doug Ellis than me, but if he did one great thing for Villa in his time there, it was sell to Randy and your team. To think who's hands we could have been in.

The 15 minutes you spent with Randy looking at an empty Villa Park sound pretty special - you deserve to savour every minute.

AND, thanks for all your kind words, they're VERY much appreciated.

We just sat there and relived the game and, more importantly, the last two years. So much came back to you all...the fans. We are blessed to have people like yourselves...we couldn't be more blessed. Yes, we know things won't always be perfect...and we know we will not always get it right. BUT, please believe me when I say that Randy does want to do the right thing for your Club. Not worthy

This almost brings a tear to the eye General! We are truly blessed to have you and Randy at our club and I wouldn't swap you for any other owner in the world, including the likes of Abramovic! It has been a great 2 years to reflect, and with you and Randy at the helm we can all feel confident that in 2 years time we will have a great deal more happy memories to reflect on! Thanks for everything you and Randy have done, I've never felt so good as a Villa fan as I do right now.

General like the others I am extremely grateful for your comments. In all my time folowing Aston Villa, I have never known the club to be in such harmony. There is no doubt, in my opinion, that we are once again on the brink of greatness and I am incredibly excited about our prospects for the future.

The atmosphere on Sunday was as you say awesome, but as the saying goes:

"You aint seen nothing yet!"

IF and WHEN Aston Villa start to challenge the top teams you will experience the incredible sound of the VILLA PARK ROAR!!!

General, you are a full on legend :cheers:

To spend so much time and effort on meeting with the fans is absolutely fantastic. The previous owner and board kept us in the shadows about everything that went on at VP. God, how quickly times have changed.

The team are flying and we are on track for great success I am sure of that. But its the way in which we are doing it and the way that the fans are being made to feel such a part of it by yourself, Randy and everyone else that is truly special. Please pass on my congratulations to MON and the players for what was a truly memorable win over the other lot.

And be sure to visit L4 again soon!!!

It is great that you both enjoyed the game like we did General ... but did you remain seated? :winkold:

Seriously, I want to thank you, Randy and the rest of the Board for having the sense to appoint a great manager who can run the team whilst you sort out all sorts of issues for the fans relating to the club, supporters, tickets, transport, facilities, training ground, Holte Pub, Mosaic, etc. The list goes on. Thank you.

As for the result and performance against the scum, it is a dream. It is nothing compared to the previous regime.

5-1, I still cannot believe it.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If a certain well known beer brand made football matches, Sunday would've been it!

General, I too would just like to echo everyone's feelings regarding the game and atmosphere on Sunday. It was a special day that will live long in the memory and YOU should take some credit for this. Without you guys galvanising... no SAVING this club there is no way Sunday would have played out the way it did.

You mentioned how great it was to see Ollie soluting the ground as he left the pitch. This has definitely assured him the legendary status he deserves at Villa. As such I would love to see the club give him the send off he deserves. I know the fans are doing lots of stuff themselves for the Wigan game but is there a chance that the club could perhaps put colour coded cards on the seats in the holte end so that when Ollie comes out the Holte End turns into one giant Swedish flag. This would be awesome and it would be great if we kept it a secret from him. I would love to see his reaction to this!

Thanks again General!!