General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I hear that the Holte End is going to get a bit of a makeover. Could you provide us with any snippets of news regarding what will be carried out? And will it be done for the start of the season.

Thanks again for allowing the fans to have a window that we can speak to the club through! :D

Sorry to re-post, but really would appreciate a pointer or two on the following...

General,

I love the match day program and make a point of always getting one. There is a feature that I would love to see added, and I'm sure many supporters would agree. I think a 2-page feature on our fantastic travelling support would be great. A photo of the away end, celebrating a goal, applauding the team on or showing our love of MON as we always do at full time. A few stats on actual numbers. Even a 'fans' account of the day, where a different fan gives his account of the day, the travelling, the prematch drink and banter and any new songs. I'm sure all this would work and become one of the programs favourite features.

If there is someone esle I should be sending this to then please let me know, if not could you please pull all the right triggers and pass on my views.

Many thanks in appreciation for all your great work and in advance for bringing 'home' the good times.

General Krulak here:

1. bedfordtel. I am sorry I didn't address your post. I agree, this would be a superb idea...and make for good reading. I think I have mentioned before that when Randy and I go to away games we are ALWAYS impressed by our travelling supporters. I will see what I can do about making this a part of our match day program.

2. Next year: I believe we will compete with almost everyone o any given day...unlike my feelings earlier. I think we will sign some quality players and with several months to work, MON will be able to put a well-synch and coordinated squad on the pitch. I do believe we will go to Europe next year. Now, we also need to be realists...other Clubs will also be making additions and other Clubs have Directors who have the same feelings as I do. The difference, in my humble opinion, will be three-fold: 1. MON will have the time to put his imprint on the Squad early on...vice trying to learn his players on the fly. 2. MON will have been through a complete season...he will have scouted his opponents, seen them on the pitch against his squad...and will use his tactical sense to produce solid game plans. 3. We have a very supportive owner and a superb fan base. These two are the Villa "Secret Weapons" and will make this a great season.

deleted, the general has already said a hundred million squillion times (see I'm talking your language now) that he isn't going to comment on transfers, any more asinine posts and your outta here - Bicks

General Krulak here:

1. For many, many, reasons...all of which we all know...I just can't comment on players, on timing, on how close or how far we are from saying anything. It would be unfair to MON, to Randy, and, most importantly, it would be totally inappropriate. I am not ducking the questions, just admit that such discussion is not in my remit.

Hi General,

I was just wondering whether there is any update on the official web site change? Whether someone has been chosen to host it and what new things it could include?

General, you may or may not of read the flags and banners thread. It seems the majority of us would love for a couple of flags to be bought to help create the atmosphere that was at the Sheff Utd game. Would the club be interested in putting forward some money to help? Also would the club look into doing a season subscription to match day programmes?

General,

Regarding travel for the summer tour, I know you're working on the feasibility of some kind of travel package, and you'll let us know when it's finalised. Do you have a deadline for the final details? At the moment I have told my employers I need some holiday 'kind of around the end of July'. They ask when exactly, I say 'not sure', and they then ask when will I be sure and of course my answer is... 'not sure.' As time ticks by the costs of flights etc are slowly increasing and my boss's patience is decreasing. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony

General I have never posted in this thread, but can I just express that no matter what you read in any paper or on any website, the villa fans will be eternally grateful to you and your whole team for bringing this great club out of some dark dark times.

Also, I just had to say what a great move by everyone invovled in getting a real European super power to our ground for a match. We all know, whilst there is no harm in trying, true success will not be achieved for a few years, but my god, we won't wait around to reach these big teams, we'll bring them to us! Fantastic stuff.

Any ideas if yourself or Randy will be making the trip to VP for the match?

A user has been banned for using this thread to display a distinct lack of intellect and manners.

There were lots of posts in here about it deleted too. They'd have been better off as PMs to the Mods who would have been able to sort it out.

Thanks to Richard for bringing it to my attention.

General,

Two questions / statements:

a) As a long-time (10+ years), long-distance Villa fan and recent arrival in the UK, I would like to add my weight towards a membership style program. I won't be able to get to every game this season (and so won't be buying a season ticket), but would be happy to pay 20-40 quid for priority ticketing to the games that I can make it to. This could work two-fold with having second-refusal to the Cup games etc that aren't taken up by season-ticket holders. Maybe a 5% discount on merchandise?

I imagine there would be other knock on effects as well like increased revenue, higher crowd figures, larger demographic to entice sponsorship / sell marketing etc.

B) Can you shed light on any strides Villa might be making in the sports science / coaching area? Obviously the new training facility is a massive boost, but it would be great to hear about any other developments the club might be making such as player conditioning, statistical analysis, coaching methodologies etc.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the unbelievable work,

Matt

General,

Please could you confirm that our kit deal is with Nike directly, and not with the third party supplier, Just Sports Group, that Fulham have signed a deal with?

Cheers!

nike are paying us £5 million a year for 5 years.

General,

Would you kindly share with us your summer vacation plans? Hopefully this information will prevent mass panic on the site when you dont log in for a week (or 2!)

General,

Can you assure us that the club will back Gabriel Agbonlahor totally on his England under 21 ommision. It seems to me that he is being made out by the England uner-21 coach Stuart Pearce to be an unproffesional player when all I can see is someone who has worked his socks off in his first full season and has taken a thoroughly deserved holiday. I mean most people do not answer their phone on holiday, and the fact that Martin O'Neill spoken to Pearce and the FA priar to Gabby's hol stating the situation should have mede them be alot more tactful in their reasons for his omission. I am seriously (sorry to swear) Peeved off by this blatant attempt to tarnish the lad. I can't believe either their naivety or selfrishness to this.

Please tell me you will back the lad and let our angry thoughts be known to the FA and Mr Pearce.

Stewart