General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Welcome to the site General... and thank you to both you and Randy!

180 degree turnarounds are rare I feel. But my opinions on Aston Villa have completely changed in such an incredibly short period of time!

Over the past few years I was beginning to suspect that things were on an irreversible slide for Aston Villa. I thought we had missed opportunities in the early '90s to truly cement ourselves as a big club in England. Things had become decidedly gloomy in B6. By June, I (and I feel most of the posters on the messageboard) had become clouded by apathy.

However, since the summer, I have recaptured the joy of following Villa. The mood on this messageboard has completely changed. There's an air of excitement about the new direction in which our club is headed.

The training at Villa Park in front of the kids was a fantastic idea! I have long argued for low ticket prices and other incentives to get kids interested in coming to Villa Park. That's the way to encourage further support at grassroots level around Birmingham.

Thank you for taking the time to sign up and thank you for listening to us. Your gesture is more than just letting us know that we have a forum for our ideas to be heard, it shows us that you respect us as supporters and I, for one, feel like the club is starting to value me as a supporter. It feels like the club is actually there *for* the supporters now. What a refreshing change!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... Welcome General!

I'm speachless, must have tried to post on this thread 3 - 4 times already, just dont know what to say. It means so much to me and i guess all of us that you have taken the time to visit us here! It really shows your commitment to Aston Villa that you'll come and talk to the fans on the internet, i just hope we will be seeing you around here in the future also!

Would be nice to see the Ellis stand renamed... and i'd love to hear your thoughts on this General..

Cant wait to check out your addition to the totty thread ;)

Thank you!

General,

Firstly thanks so so much to you and Randy for becoming part of the fabric at Villa, it is truly sensational listening to the views of one of the directors of Aston Villa FC on an internet message board, i doubt there are many premiership directors who are so thoughtful let alone brave enough to take this unusual step.

If i see you in and around Villa Park I will shake you by the hand.

Top Man.

Regards

Nick

UP THE VILLA

Welcome sir.

I just want to echo those who have said a huge thanks to Randy, yourself and the other new board members.

Also a huge thanks for the free Blackburn ticket! I think that I shall definately be taking up the half season ticket offer now!

Welcome

I'm sure you've get everything in hand regarding players and our push for world domination so I wont tell you to sign Ronaldhino and then you can claim it as your own idea when he signs :-)

Just one thing I'd like to suggest .. Take a trip to the Ajax stadium and see how they handle half time refreshments .. No excessive queues over there . They use a system of pre paid cards so you place your order and it deducts it from your card , no wasting time in queues waiting for change ... a minor grip i know but the amount of times i miss the start of the 2nd half cause of the queues at half time

General,

I just want to say I am proud to be a fan of the club that Randy and yourself are running now.

Over the last 2 years, watching the Villa has mostly been soul destroying, knowing that nothing was going to improve, and the negativity of the previous board. It always seemed that when where doing well, the stewardship of the club would say the wrong things and get the fans riled, and it was a sign of the times at the club really.

Last season was the worst, because us fans would watch games in despair, knowing we weren't going to get anything and not really reacting when opposition scored against us. There was no confidence in the previous management team, or board. I know you wont take kindly to those comments, but there you go!

Now that Randy and yourself are running the club, and that a manager of Martin O' Neills stature is running the playing side, like many other members of this forum have said, we now have hope and belief in the club once again. It's an exciting feeling, one I havent felt for such a long time supporting this great club, and I'm not laying blame at the door of the previous regime, but all our hope evaporated into thin air!

Thank you so much guys, what you are doing for the club at this time, and hopefully in the long future, will be a welcome major chapter in the proud history of this great football club!

Regards,

Rog

In addition to the welcome I typed previously I thought that if this thread is to be more than just a "hello" thread there's something that's occurred to me. I apologise in advance for it's unsolicited nature, and also in the event that it's "outside the scope" of your reason for visiting, but anyway....

Having noted that Randy and yourself have taken great steps regarding both suporter's welfare/match experience, and also a deal of interest in the heritage of the club there are a couple of organisations, affiliated to the club which are worth knowing about (if you don't already).

Firstly the AVIDS - Aston villa Disabled Supporters. A while back on the back of some money Independently raised by the supporters, the Club kindly doubled the money to help fund their minibus, so I know that the club looks after them, but it occurred to me that you should know of them.

Secondly the FPA - former players Association - Again the club helps them out. I mentioned them because I went to see them play in the summer, at Chorley FC near Manchester. Well I say went to see them, but unfortunately their bus broke down, and they couldn't turn up, sadly. The team would have contained several of the '81/82 side and would have been a pleasure for the crowd to see. The match was a charitable one to raise money for a player from another club, and fortunately the event still raised a tidy sum for him.

It just occurred that these 2 fine organisations would I guess appreciate the level of contact and approach that you have shown us on here and in the ground. No doubt you're extremely busy and get inundated with suggestions etc. and not enough time to address everything.

I could provide contact details if necessary, although I'm sure the club has them already.

thanks.

aloha general krulak...

first of all, i would like to say a huge huge thank you, to everyone involved in lifting the dark clouds from the aston villa horizon...

for as long as i can remember, hope and optimism was something that happened at other clubs...

but now, we have hope and optimism, and its all thanks to randy and his people....

so for that, i thank you all from the very bottom of my heart...

secondly, it is fantastic and very encouraging to see you speaking to the fans, and basically acknowledging our existence... this is all very new to us, and it is an excellent sign for the future...

and last but not least, can you please, remove the graffiti from the witton lane stand?!? seeing that stuck up there, really puts me off my cornflakes...

next time you see randy, buy him and yourself a pint, and if we ever meet, il sort you the cash out..

(oh, and if you need any graphic designers at the club, then give me a shout... gotta be cheeky as if you dont ask, you dont get...)

:winkold:

cheers...

andy...

Welcome General!

I have to say, this is a really refreshing change. Even in the short time you and Randy have been here we have noticed massive changes. All that needs to be said is please lets get loads of new players in January/Summer, I am definitely up for a tour of the USA, and we hope that the new board can bring in some fresh and innovative ideas to our club.

Oh and one small thing, there is a small club down the road called Birmingham City, any chance with your military connections, you could sort them out?

:winkold:

On;y kidding! UTV!

Cheers!!

I am General Krulak and am one of the new Directors of Aston Villa Football Club. I have spent the past week trying to get onto this site and have finally succeeded. I can assure each of you that I have NOT purposely avoided this site and have been helped tremendously by John Cresswell who had to bear the burden of a Yank trying to follow his instructions on how to log in. Sorry John!

Let me start by telling you how happy Randy, the other Directors and I am about being part of the Villa Family! Yes, we are "part" of the family...not the most important part...just a part. The history, traditions and ethos of this magnificent Institution are very precious to us...just as they are to you. You all have stuck with Villa through thick and thin and we are new to Villa Park...BUT, believe me, we want what you want and will work very hard to achieve that goal.

We are blessed with a superb Manager who has everyone's total support. He is a great football mind, a great tactician, and a great teacher...but most important, he is a great Leader! He knows how to motivate the team and get the best from them...and when he needs to make adjustments, he does it with skill.

I am on this Site because, like Randy, I truly care about what fans say and feel. We want to do right...we are not interested in screwing it up. At the same time, we realize we can't perform miracles...we can't change things overnight. What we ask is that everyone join us in supporting the team...and keep the spirit up. The coaches to Chelsea are a great opportunity to do just that. Come on down and lets drown out the Chelsea fans.

Finally, we have no egos...we don't believe we have all the answers. What we do know is that we care...and that we are part of something very special.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Welcome aboard! Thanks for having the vision to invest so much time in my beloved club.

What are your plans for the catchment area around the West Midlands and other regions of the UK within easy reach of Birmingham? There is so much potential there if you exploit it, something which was sadly lacking with the previous owner. For instance, there is one Villa shop outside the stadium, and that is tucked away, deep inside a shopping mall. Any plans to move it? Any plans to open more shops around Birmingham?

And another thing - does the "Doug Ellis Stand" have to keep that name, now that the man has very little to do with Villa? You may not be able to answer this for many reasons, but was it a condition of the sale that the stand keeps that name? I'm sure there are 1001 better names which could be given to it!

All the best, regards to Randy Lerner as well....

Welcome, and thank you and all the board for the fantastic start you have made at the club.

One question, at the moment sites such as Villa Talk are unable to display images of the club badge on the site for fear of a breach of copyright. The club badge is an important symbol for all football fans ( many of us would like a return to our old round one!), is there any chance that obvious fans sites such as VT could use the badge in the sites artwork, and avatars?

Oh and by the way, many thanks if you are anything to do with the sort out in Ramseys........never has it been so easy to get served! :-)

Amen to that!

If these new-fangled ideas about serving people faster is anything to do with you Mr Krulak, you're alright with me.

;)

Firstly... IF this is the real General... welcome aboard, , thanks for taking the time to write and view our site, and apologies for what I'm about to say.....

Has anyone actually verified whether this is indeed the General.. JohnC...? Anyone...?

I know of colleagues who support the Scum from Small Heath, and they often take out spoof logins... this just smells like one to me....!

Again, apologies if this is negative and sceptical... but once bitten and all that....

Firstly... IF this is the real General... welcome aboard, , thanks for taking the time to write and view our site, and apologies for what I'm about to say.....

Has anyone actually verified whether this is indeed the General.. JohnC...? Anyone...?

I know of colleagues who support the Scum from Small Heath, and they often take out spoof logins... this just smells like one to me....!

Again, apologies if this is negative and sceptical... but once bitten and all that....

verified, 100%

I think its all legit atalbot :D