Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

I liked Skyler.

I preferred Marie, though, but only because I like purple too.

Betsy Brandt's portrayal of Marie was totally brilliant and it is a shame she didn't get quite the recognition she deserved.

The scene where they are discussing whether Walt should get treatment, when they passed around the cushion is hilarious.

It is interesting to note that Marie's relationship with Skyler, allows BB to pass the Bechdel test for sexism.  :)

I've started re-watching this with my housemates. We're only on episode 4, but I'd completely forgotten how many laugh out loud moments there were in the first few episodes. So excited to see it all unfold again.

Edited by Milfner

Re-watching the whole series, currently on season 2 episode 4. As much as I know about what Walt becomes and I can see now that Skylar was the only one all along that could see he was lying. I still think she's a massive dick.

There's a big moment when Walt returns and talks to skyler.

She was the only one who could tell he was lying. Everyone bought it apart from her.

Then in that moment he finally tells her the truth. You can tell his relief and her forgiveness. It's the first time she really seems to forgive him for any of it.

I think the thing that bothered her the most the whole time were the liars.

But that's the beauty of it isn't it, that you start off thinking one thing and by the end of it all you have a completely opposite opinion!

Re-watching the whole series, currently on season 2 episode 4. As much as I know about what Walt becomes and I can see now that Skylar was the only one all along that could see he was lying. I still think she's a massive dick.

There's a big moment when Walt returns and talks to skyler.

She was the only one who could tell he was lying. Everyone bought it apart from her.

Then in that moment he finally tells her the truth. You can tell his relief and her forgiveness. It's the first time she really seems to forgive him for any of it.

I think the thing that bothered her the most the whole time were the liars.

The problem with the Skyler character is that she is morally inconsistent.

She banged Ted as an act of petty revenge and cheated the car wash guy with her scam.

She used Walt's money to save herself by giving it to Ted to pay his taxes.

She was happy to take the money and help Hank and continued to launder it when she knew exactly where the money was coming from.

What she didn't like was the moral responsibility and Walt's gift to her before he died was to relieve her of that responsibility by claiming he'd done everything for himself.

• Like 1

My favourite version of Down in the Hole, was:

It's the icing on the cake in confirming Season 4's superiority imo.

I was interested to discover that it is young boys and not girls who are singing this.

I just love the pace and naturalness of the vocal - all the nasal and the flaws left in. 

I tell y', it's got soul. B)

Edited by MakemineVanilla

I liked Skyler.

I preferred Marie, though, but only because I like purple too.

I vaguely remember her having a shop lifting storyline. Was there any point or end game to that sorry?

I think it was just character building. Creating a moral ambiguity.

Didn't need it myself.

Â