Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I can't believe the fuss really.

It's not like I'm on hear claiming Benteke is shit, arguing weimman will never make it or Guzan should be dropped for Given.

Saving that for next week?

No that would be a stupid thing to say which is obviously wrong.

But surely your post in response to Richard's about Lowton vs Hutton was just that? You could have at least waited for someone to say something like "his defending has been good/great/excellent etc this season" to bring up your point.

To say his miles better than hutton suggests to me you're saying his defending is good.

I think it was more a figure of speech. He can be alot better than Hutton who was incapable and added nothing defensively or going forward  and still not be a great defender.

At times he looks a good defender, certainly issues to work on but I feel he has made small improvements on those, specifically during the last 2 months. Im hopeful that he will become a a good premiership RB for us.

Getting back to his goal for a mo'. One thing I haven't seen mentioned in here w.r.t. how good it was; and which I think makes it even better; is the fact that he had 2 defenders quickly bearing down on him and he would definitely have seen them coming in his peripheral vision too. The goal in itself was superb, but to be able to do it without breaking his concentration with what he has to have assumed was an imminent collision is extremely admirable. It's akin to Baker's full-on face defending earlier on. The willingness to take one for the team. Remy's goal OTOH had no threat of imminent pain and no reason for him to pull out of the strike or change his technique etc.

• Like 2

Getting back to his goal for a mo'. One thing I haven't seen mentioned in here w.r.t. how good it was; and which I think makes it even better; is the fact that he had 2 defenders quickly bearing down on him and he would definitely have seen them coming in his peripheral vision too. The goal in itself was superb, but to be able to do it without breaking his concentration with what he has to have assumed was an imminent collision is extremely admirable. It's akin to Baker's full-on face defending earlier on. The willingness to take one for the team. Remy's goal OTOH had no threat of imminent pain and no reason for him to pull out of the strike or change his technique etc.

I thought that was certainly one of the most impressive parts of it.

I don't think remy's goal was close to it.

Yup, he had no time after he chested it to set himself, and if you look, he's more or less facing the touchline when he goes to strike it.

It's an astonishing goal.

There's a retweet war atm on twitter, about which was better

@skysportsMNF has asked to retweet your favourite out of the two.

Remy's so far has 550 retweets, whereas Lowton's has 1150 retweets. The winner is going to shown on Monday night football later! VOTE SO WE CAN SEE AGAIN! 

Edited by KjParton

Again a player improving with time, once again fans should be ignored as he was being written off left right and centre after 5mins.

Im not sure thats the case mate. He quickly impressed before slowing down a little. I think he has been encouraged by the majority but people recognise he does make mistakes but is slowly surely developing and cutting out those mistakes and becoming a handy RB. I personally think he will become a good prem RB

Again a player improving with time, once again fans should be ignored as he was being written off left right and centre after 5mins.

Not quite sure what all the "again", "once again" is referring to - what precedents are you thinking of?

Also, what's all this about "fans should be ignored"? Isn't that a slightly odd thing to say on a fan's messageboard whose key purpose is for fans to give their views?   :mrgreen:

Edited by briny_ear

There was an article about ever presents in the mail (mainly just saying how incredible it is for gerrard to still be one). But it did say that Lowton has to be careful as one more yellow and he'll have a two game ban.. Is this correct or just poor journalism.. Thought first ban was 1 match from yellow cards? Or was Lowton suspended earlier in season?

There was an article about ever presents in the mail (mainly just saying how incredible it is for gerrard to still be one). But it did say that Lowton has to be careful as one more yellow and he'll have a two game ban.. Is this correct or just poor journalism.. Thought first ban was 1 match from yellow cards? Or was Lowton suspended earlier in season?

It's a 2 match ban for one more, there was a cut off point in Jan, which meant anybody with yellows would get no ban till they got 10 (is it 10?) and then they would get a 2 match ban. This is up to April 14th when there is another cut off point.

Also, what's all this about "fans should be ignored"? Isn't that a slightly odd thing to say on a fan's messageboard whose key purpose is for fans to give their views?   :mrgreen:

Yup views that are usually wrong!  :mrgreen:

If clubs listened to fans it would be run even worse than QPR, we would be on out 5th manager of the season and be having to sell grass to keep the club running!

It's a 2 match ban for one more, there was a cut off point in Jan, which meant anybody with yellows would get no ban till they got 10 (is it 10?) and then they would get a 2 match ban. This is up to April 14th when there is another cut off point.

Thanks

Surprisingly I think shearer brought it up on MOTD - and even more surprisingly Savage mentioned it I think. To execute that sort of technique with players charging you down is simply brilliant.

Â