Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Not that I thought he played particularly badly, but he looked like someone out of the crowd  that had been asked to fill in, every goal or mistake he was hands on knees gasping for breath. He has gone so far backwards this season it's unreal. We've scene what he is capable of but he is knowhere near that at the mo.

Maybe the jump up the leagues is taking it's toll and the improved contract has gone to his head a little.

Pretty sure he'll bounce back, just hope it's quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it's like he's on the pitch passively watching the opposition attack. When he slips into these little daydreams I wonder if the thought ever occurs to him that he's actually a member of the team, and his position is right back, and he should be there defending...

• Like 1

Why not try him in midfield? Not like our other options are so great.

Completely agree. Been saying it for a while. Bacuna is a better defender so stick him at RB. Lowton is better creatively so should play RM or play Albrighton RM and Lowton in the middle (him and Delph playing advanced of KEA maybe) or vice versa.

Yes, I know it's been said for a while already. For some reason Lambert doesn't do it. He seems to think Lowton is a defenseman, period.

I'd love to have half an hour with Lambert. Get him to explain some of his decisions such as the above, Bowery (!) etc. Try and find out if there's any reasoning behind them or if he is just clueless.

Sometimes it's like he's on the pitch passively watching the opposition attack. When he slips into these little daydreams I wonder if the thought ever occurs to him that he's actually a member of the team, and his position is right back, and he should be there defending...

Both our full backs played inside whenever the ball went down the flanks. Bacuna was caught 2 v 1 many times yesterday, because Lowton had drifted inside. It has to be that they're being told to do that in training. Why else would they keep playing that way?

• 2 weeks later...
Â