Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Bacuna can do enough in defence - as the_eristic says, pacy and athletic - and is even better than Lowton going forward.

It could be that Bacuna is getting his Premier League experience here and will eventually be moved to a position further forward (right side mid, centre mid, trequartista).

Or, Bacuna could stay there and be compared to the world's best attacking full-backs and bought by Chelsea.

• Like 2

Unless Lowton's got an injury or something's happened behind the scenes it's a joke that he didn't make the squad.

One of our only players who looks like making something happen. And from right back. Fair play to Bacuna who's been brillant lately but Lowton's got to be starting for me. Maybe wide right instead of Weimann. Or at the front of a middle 3 with Delph and KEA behind. I think he's capable of playing there.

Bacuna can do enough in defence - as the_eristic says, pacy and athletic - and is even better than Lowton going forward.

It could be that Bacuna is getting his Premier League experience here and will eventually be moved to a position further forward (right side mid, centre mid, trequartista).

Or, Bacuna could stay there and be compared to the world's best attacking full-backs and bought by Chelsea.

Replace Dani Alves at Barca? ;)

Unless Lowton's got an injury or something's happened behind the scenes it's a joke that he didn't make the squad.

One of our only players who looks like making something happen. And from right back. Fair play to Bacuna who's been brillant lately but Lowton's got to be starting for me. Maybe wide right instead of Weimann. Or at the front of a middle 3 with Delph and KEA behind. I think he's capable of playing there.

I like Matty, one of my favorite players from last season, but let's be honest. He's been woeful when he's played so far this season. Bacuna has been a huge improvement at right-back. Lowton needs to earn his way back in. Right now I only see that happening if Bacuna slots into midfield or gets injured.

I do wonder, though, if something has happened behind the scenes since he didn't even make the bench yesterday.

• Like 1

Bacuna's looked a lot more solid defensively so far this season, and it does make me wonder what's gonna happen with Lowton. He hit some fantastic form towards the end of last season, and he's capable of producing some brilliant crosses. I have a feeling Lambo will just keep pushing Bacuna back and forth from RB to RM depending on whether he decides to put Lowton back in or not. It'd be good to keep Bacuna at the back and push Lowton into midfield, but there's so much competition for midfield places already and there's no guarantee that it'd work out well. I'm a fan of Lowton and would love to see him hit form again and be back starting, but it's difficult to see at the moment.

Yep kind of what I was saying. We look more solid with Bacuna at RB but I think we need to accomodate Lowton's attacking threat. Weimann wide right doesn't work for me. I think Lowton should be given a chance there. Kozak and Benteke, when he's fit, would get better service and we're crying out for creativity. Especially at home

I do wonder, though, if something has happened behind the scenes since he didn't even make the bench yesterday.

I am baffled as well. I know players can have patches of good and bad form but Lowts seems to have something pretty major going on.

I am baffled as well. I know players can have patches of good and bad form but Lowts seems to have something pretty major going on.

It does seem really strange, especially after he was given a new contract and stuff. 

It does seem really strange, especially after he was given a new contract and stuff. 

Yeah, he seemed ok last weekend when celebrating with KEA for his goal in the dug out last weekend, although KEA did go out of his way to celebrate with him. Just odd.

His form was great in pre-season too, working hard, defending well, got a couple of goals. Whatever it is that's gone wrong, whether it's a bust-up with Lambert or what, I hope it gets sorted out soon. He was excellent for us last year and I'd like to see him back.

• Like 1

Bacuna hasn't done a bad job at all so far in the three games he has featured at RB, but personally I think that form won't continue. Something must of happened with Lowton, it doesn't make sense not to even of included him in the squad for the game on Saturday; Herd over Lowton ffs, could only be down to Herd's versatility. 

I don't think the award of a new contract as made his ego bigger, but he has been poor so far this season, against Newcastle he got tormented due to his lack of pace, when he comes up against someone with pace he is all but ****. Needs to, if personal problems, try and overcome them and get back to the form that made him one of the best RBs in the Premiership last season.

Edited by Avflife

Sometimes players can think they have 'made it' and take their foot off the accelerator. He's come up from a lower divison side, he's a young lad, and he's done fantastically well first season at a big club like Villa.

He gets a shiny new lucrative contract for his efforts, and he takes his foot off the gas that small amount. It only needs 5%, and it's then very noticeable.

I think he'll have to earn the right to get back in, and he'll have to do that through hard work in training. I'd suggest that this is Mr Lambic showing him that last season's exploits don't mean an automatic starting berth.

Plus Baccy has come in and done really well, and certainly does not merit dropping.

• Like 3

Bacuna hasn't done a bad job at all so far in the three games he has featured at RB, but personally I think that form won't continue. Something must of happened with Lowton, it doesn't make sense not to even of included him in the squad for the game on Saturday; Herd over Lowton ffs, could only be down to Herd's versatility. 

I don't think the award of a new contract as made his ego bigger, but he has been poor so far this season, against Newcastle he got tormented due to his lack of pace, when he comes up against someone with pace he is all but ****. Needs to, if personal problems, try and overcome them and get back to the form that made him one of the best RBs in the Premiership last season.

I actually think Bacuna will get better with more games. He's still new to the right back role and he's improving every game.

It's not clear yet who is our RB going forward. Bacuna has performed very well and I like him a lot. However, it won't take too many bad games for Bacuna and Lowton will get his chance. I hope this doesn't happen, but it's just been a few games yet for Leandro.

Not even in the squad yesterday. Bennett, Baker and Herd on the bench ahead of him? KEA's very deliberate efforts to celebrate with him after scoring against City... His brother hasn't posted on twitter for a month either - which is definitely out of character.

It's strange because he played really well in pre-season, and of course last season.

I don't think it's an attitude problem after a new contract, or even a bust-up with Lambert - as he was selected v Spurs, but something has happened. 

It's not clear yet who is our RB going forward. Bacuna has performed very well and I like him a lot. However, it won't take too many bad games for Bacuna and Lowton will get his chance. I hope this doesn't happen, but it's just been a few games yet for Leandro.

Not yet and I'm a fan of Lowton, however our defence looks a lot better since bacuna has played at right back and he has shown he can get forward like with that brilliant run at Hull. He could also do a good job on the right side of midfield giving Lowton cover.

Â