General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I actually thought the devil-child, not-to be mentioned, etc., McLeish actually got Ireland and Warnock playing OK by the end of last season - Ireland in particular.

Ireland should certainly be given a chance to show what he can do under a proper manager.

A valid point but unfortunately there are some that won't recognise that.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very happy with Ireland and look forward to seeing his performances next season. As for N'Zogbia, I wouldn't be that bothered if he were sold. However, Lambert will probably want to try and get the best out of him, and he'd probably be right to do so. There's no doubting he's a very good player.

Bye Charles, Bye Stephen

Zogbia is worth sticking with, he's only been here a season, and PL might be able to get the best out of him. That being said, i only ever saw flashes of quality when he was at Wigan, so i don't know whether we're waiting for consistent performances, that just aint going to come.

As for Ireland, his attitude is questionable, most of the time he just looks like he could take it or leave it, minimal effort, doesnt do enough off the ball, and becomes a passenger, although improved a little towards the end of last season, although thats not difficult as he's done nothing since he joined. He needs to improve big time, or i'd get rid, and i'd consider doing so this summer if a decent offer comes in, chance to rid us of his massive wages, which i think could be better spent elsewhere.

Ireland gets the fan vote as he always comes over and claps the fans

Doesn't make him a good value player

What about all the weeks he took the piss out of the club & fans

So exactly how did he take the piss out of the fans and club? You make plenty of headline statements without any evidence to support your claims.

Your bold prediction that Bent would be a Liverpool player by 1st July being just one of them.

Truth & Fact?

1 goal & 3 assists = player of the season ??

= joke !!

Are you choosing to ignore the fact that our glorious ex manager was choosing to play a ludicrous defensive formation which more or less nullified our team as an attacking threat full stop??

Bye Charles, Bye Stephen

Zogbia is worth sticking with, he's only been here a season, and PL might be able to get the best out of him. That being said, i only ever saw flashes of quality when he was at Wigan, so i don't know whether we're waiting for consistent performances, that just aint going to come.

As for Ireland, his attitude is questionable, most of the time he just looks like he could take it or leave it, minimal effort, doesnt do enough off the ball, and becomes a passenger, although improved a little towards the end of last season, although thats not difficult as he's done nothing since he joined. He needs to improve big time, or i'd get rid, and i'd consider doing so this summer if a decent offer comes in, chance to rid us of his massive wages, which i think could be better spent elsewhere.

This is bang on!

I think PL will force them out anyway

Saturday training etc won't sit well with prima donas like them two

You do realise that Ireland is one of the hardest working trainers at our club? Didn't he have a heart scare a few years ago because he trained too hard over the summer when everyone else was on holiday?

Ireland even admits he often ran up steep hills at 7am and did not leave the gym until 11pm.

Yeah... right lazy bastard isn't he? *rolls eyes*

Link to story

i'm not Irelands biggest fan....

i think he is overrated by a lot of villa fans....

but i am intrigued to see what Lambert can get out of him...

but i will be looking for that to be more than what he did last season....

a player with Irelands ability given a free role should be delivering at least 5 goals and 10 assists....

perform next season or he can go IMO

Truth & Fact?

1 goal & 3 assists = player of the season ??

= joke !!

Are you choosing to ignore the fact that our glorious ex manager was choosing to play a ludicrous defensive formation which more or less nullified our team as an attacking threat full stop??

I agree the managers tactics were a massive hinderance, but Gabby still managed 6 goals and 6 assists last season! However Gabby gets, I take 5/6 mil for him, Ireland PLS and has to stay, oh please. Its because Ireland played OK during our worst period in the second half of the season, where everyone else was shite. Whereas Gabby played well when we banked 15 points (of 37) in only 11 games. You guys and your short memories!

OK trent but I was about whether we should sell Ireland, which is sort of on topic.

That Brahimi guy's got some lovely skills, would be happy to see him signed ont the cheap! Hope the speculation is true.

i'm not Irelands biggest fan....

i think he is overrated by a lot of villa fans....

but i am intrigued to see what Lambert can get out of him...

but i will be looking for that to be more than what he did last season....

a player with Irelands ability given a free role should be delivering at least 5 goals and 10 assists....

perform next season or he can go IMO

Yeah im in the same camp so.....

This