General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I hope we can get rid of the lazy, whimsical, overated piece of crap Ireland, and if we get some money for him then even better.

I'm speechless.

Please, tell me, what about his performances last season make you think those things of him? I detect some kind of prejudice.

Charles & Stephen epitomise everything that has been rotten about the club over the last 2 years

Be glad to see them gone and free up some wages for hungry players

God I hope we can get rid of the lazy, whimsical, overated piece of crap Ireland, and if we get some money for him then even better.

Ireland may be a lot of things but lazy isn't one of them.

When people have opinions like this I do wonder if you've actually ever watched him play.

Charles & Stephen epitomise everything that has been rotten about the club over the last 2 years

A player working his bollocks off every game is what's wrong with the club? Hardly.

Yet you want Gabby to stay and he's on similar wages but really doesnt put any effort in whatsoever.

Your opinions are backwards.

Stephen who? Ireland?

Stop talking about them as if they're your mates. They're not.

Both will be here at the start of the season because both have the kind of ability that nobody else in the squad has. Lambert will see it as a challenge to get them playing and I expect him to pass.

I'll bet you £20 to VT that they're here come September 2nd. Assuming you mean Ireland.

Ireland may be a lot of things but lazy isn't one of them.

When people have opinions like this I do wonder if you've actually ever watched him play.

This

Its ridiculous to think he is lazy, or even has a bad attitude all because of a couple of things he has done which may be out of the norm. I saw it on Twitter the other week, a number of posters going at it hammering his attitude, lifestyle and work rate. But then thats what the unfollow button is for.

A player working his bollocks off every game is what's wrong with the club? Hardly.

Yet you want Gabby to stay and he's on similar wages but really doesnt put any effort in whatsoever.

Agree 100%. Gabby looked totally disinterested from Christmas onwards whereas Ireland grew in confidence and work rate.

CI has an agenda against Ireland and no matter how well he performs he cannot offer any credit when it's due.

I'm speechless.

Please, tell me, what about his performances last season make you think those things of him? I detect some kind of prejudice.

I still for the life of me can't work out what about his performances last season got him player of the season. For all his supposed good play, he only produced 1 goal and 3 assists in all comps, and him becoming a regular in the team co-incided with our worst run of results. He put in one good performance against Chelsea and did nothing except 2 good tackles and few nice touches per game. Gabby got 6 goals and 6 assists and people want rid of him. Stats don't lie, Ireland may be easy on the eye but he did very little last season the warrant his current reverance!

He's is a waste of 80K a week, simple, he doesn't deserve those wages, he's done F all to justify them. Milner is ten times the player and while half the VT board were saying Ireland better than Milner and we are getting a great deal have been proved wrong! I doesn't matter how good his technique is he is not a team player, and doesn't produce much by way of goals or assists.

I am sick of people praising him as a world beater, because he's not infact he is very expendable!

I actually thought the devil-child, not-to be mentioned, etc., McLeish actually got Ireland and Warnock playing OK by the end of last season - Ireland in particular.

Ireland should certainly be given a chance to show what he can do under a proper manager.

Agree 100%. Gabby looked totally disinterested from Christmas onwards whereas Ireland grew in confidence and work rate.

CI has an agenda against Ireland and no matter how well he performs he cannot offer any credit when it's due.

I think it's more an agenda against truth and fact.

Whilst he was never consistently good Ireland remained one of our better players in stages last season, which is more than can be said for swathes of the remainder of the squad.

He's is a waste of 80K a week!

I'm pretty damn sure he isn't on 80k a week. I think I recall Gazton confirming this.

He got a payout from Man City to move here on lower wages then he was on at Citeh.

I actually thought the devil-child, not-to be mentioned, etc., McLeish actually got Ireland and Warnock playing OK by the end of last season - Ireland in particular.

Ireland should certainly be given a chance to show what he can do under a proper manager.

all our players deserve that chance even Hutton, it's just that in some cases we wouldn't cry if some didn't make the most of it and left.

Ireland gets the fan vote as he always comes over and claps the fans

Doesn't make him a good value player

What about all the weeks he took the piss out of the club & fans

If Ireland was as good as all you who defend him make out, then City would never have gotton rid of him, the guy has been broken since he collapsed at the end of a game 3 seasons ago! Not been the same since. Not that he was that great anyway! One good season, and that season his team did nothing, and had the worst away record in the league, because their focus was attack.