General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I've always liked Doyle. If he scored more goals he'd be absolutely ideal for us - he works really **** hard, never stops moving and links play well. The problem is, since he's not a great goalscorer himself, we'd become reliant on him being a link for Bent and Gabby. Bent gets injured o Gabby doesn't cut it for a season once more and we're pretty toothless again.

Add in Wolves charging the Earth for everything this summer and Doyle knocking on for 29... you could do better.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Dempsey will sign for us. Firstly because we cannot offer him the last big payday contract he would be after and although I hate to say it, a fair few of Fulham players would walk into our first team at present so not as though he would be playing with a better quality of personnel- unless Lambert sells him 'the project'. Really hoping for an attacking, athletic fullback in Olsson, Huddlestone for £3 million and nab Douglas whilst we are at it. Bendtner is a great shout as a partner for Bent. Next few days will be a rollercoaster!

Personally think the Doyle link is bollocks anyway, like I said, no quotes - seems like an agent fishing to get his man back into the Prem. Reckon we need better anyway, if we really want to make a go of things this season, and get a relatively decent 12th place finish or so, then we need some quality injected into the team. Can't see Lambert wanting to waste money away on Doyle as even if he has got some money to spend it won't be a great deal I don't think.

Robbie Savage is more likely to turn out for us this season than Dempsey - whoever's made that one up is in need of their medication or higher than Jim Morrison following a good weekend in the 60s.

Personally think the Doyle link is bollocks anyway, like I said, no quotes - seems like an agent fishing to get his man back into the Prem. Reckon we need better anyway, if we really want to make a go of things this season, and get a relatively decent 12th place finish or so, then we need some quality injected into the team. Can't see Lambert wanting to waste money away on Doyle as even if he has got some money to spend it won't be a great deal I don't think.

Even if we get in a few new additions I don't think 12th is realistic... Give me 15th - 13th now and i'd take it! I know it's hard to take but this season is just about staying up, especially with the windfall next year from TV rights going up. Like my dad said to me today, it would be just our luck to get religated the season before more ££ is pupped into the PL!!!

Even if we get in a few new additions I don't think 12th is realistic... Give me 15th - 13th now and i'd take it! I know it's hard to take but this season is just about staying up, especially with the windfall next year from TV rights going up. Like my dad said to me today, it would be just our luck to get religated the season before more ££ is pupped into the PL!!!

I agree that I would take 15th - 13th without a shadow of a doubt, but I think if Lambo is going to get to spend some money, it isn't going to be on players that he thinks will 'just keeps us up', if he's as good as we think he is as a manager then he'll be looking to buy players to get us a decent finish (not like McLeish as such).

It's already been said earlier that the likes of Vlaar and KEA already look like good signings, so I have faith that any players he does bring in will be decent signings and not just random panic buys to stop us getting relegated.

I like that we're being linked with players, would like Ramirez, would probably take Doyle tbh as well, but it depends on how much Wolves ask for him, considering they've let players of his ilk go for far too much £££.

Holy shit, we went days without a decent link, now there's about 10 doing the rounds on twitter! Gotta love football!

Especially when they are saying were getting Downing, Anderson, Ramirez & Dempsey!!!

Doyle wouldn't be a good option - Wolves have just recouped a shedload of money and they won't want to have to replace 2 strikers instead of just one, plus they are sort of local rivals, so the price would be way higher than what he's really worth. He's the right type of player but the circumstances are all wrong.

Doubt United will want to let Anderson go to one of their rivals, and it does seem he is surplus to requirements for them, definitely worth a shout and would get the buzz going even on a loan - not too sure about Downing as he was a proper cock about leaving us, but if he plays anything like he used to then I guess it's another good shout.

Don't know why I'm reading into all this shit though, only going to let myself down

Doubt United will want to let Anderson go to one of their rivals, and it does seem he is surplus to requirements for them, definitely worth a shout and would get the buzz going even on a loan - not too sure about Downing as he was a proper cock about leaving us, but if he plays anything like he used to then I guess it's another good shout.

Don't know why I'm reading into all this shit though, only going to let myself down

In what way are we one of United's rivals? It has been a long time since we've rivalled United for anything, and that won't be changing any time soon!

In what way are we one of United's rivals? It has been a long time since we've rivalled United for anything, and that won't be changing any time soon!

I'm saying it in the sense that we aren't one of their rivals, and United won't want him to go to one of their rivals, so unless he's off abroad then why not take a punt on him since I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue with him coming to a lesser Prem club that poses no threat to them :)