General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

That Incognitoavfc twitter is tweeting again.

Just a load of nonsensical motivational phrases. The kind you expect from someone in middle management that has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Really hope it's not got any actual affiliation to Villa.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is ignoring the fact a lot of business gets done in the final week. But I think the apparent sell to buy policy is enough reason for people to doubt Lambert will bring in the quality we need in certain positions.

Again no evidence for that either, just a very very biased opinion.

The way the Vlaar deal stalled until we had a buyer for collins has lead to the sell to buy policy theory.

Personally I would get the replacements in - and then sell Dunne, Warnock , Hutton when the chance arrives.

Like MON did? Problem was that he did not manage to find buyers of the players he wanted to replace, thus costing us two bad seasons.

Every club should have a sell to buy policy. Only exception are those with owners like Abramovich and some rich Arabs.

Thank God, Lerner is not stupid and tries to buy first and then sell.

Just a load of nonsensical motivational phrases. The kind you expect from someone in middle management that has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Although if it is affiliated with Villa it does say "the time for action is now" so fingers crossed

Remember that it's down to whomever deals with our outgoing transfers (I assume Faulkner), and the agents of the players, to find them new clubs. I highly doubt that it goes down a la Football Manager and Lambert is in his office faxing clubs prices to try and flog them.

Lambert has however cut Hutton and Warnock completely from the squad, so it's blatant to see we want rid, put that together with the fact most of our competitors will already know how shit they are, as well as knowing if they take them off our hands we can then replace them.. Well, I just don't understand how we're meant to get rid of them in order to replace them.

Agree, biggest load of bullshit I've ever read.

It's hillarious isn't it?

250px-David_Brent_111.jpg

Any negativity is just what people think might happen from the facts and evidence they see.

There is no evidence till the window has closed.

What's happened so far is enough for people to form an opinion.

Just like in the match threads, the form of the team and players picked is enough for people to predict what's going to happen.

Were you this negative under MON ? I don't remember there having ever been as much activity at this stage of a transfer window when he was manager.

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Coming 2gether is the beginning; keeping 2gether is progress; working 2gether is success.If there's no struggle,there is no progress #avfc

Yeah, we have been struggling for a few seasons now. No progress as i can see.

Personally I would get the replacements in - and then sell Dunne, Warnock , Hutton when the chance arrives.

Would you take out a second mortgage and buy your next house before having an offer on your current one?

Also you're making an assumption as to why the Vlaar deal stalled, could equally be something else, any restriction on transfers is likely to be wage related rather than fee related in my opinion, with any business being dependent on that.

No I wouldn't - but people do - its called a bridging loan. People do it to get the house they absolutley want.

I digress - The whole world knows we are dying to shift Warnock + Hutton - if its true that we can't bring in other players until these have gone - IMO that places our dealings at disadvantage - ie bidding clubs now we need to shift em and offer less.

I don't *know* about Vlaar - there are probably only about 3 people on this forum who know the workings of the club. All I was saying that the way that deal played gave rise to the sell to buy policy theory. I would hope that Lambert\Randy have an agreed squad size \ salary size that we works towards - If a decent striker took us temporaily over that I hope Randy would sanction it - If we were on the agreed size\salary - but a big bid came in for a fringe squad member - then I hope Lambert would go with it. - If we go into the season knowingly weak - because we can't shift 2 players on, at a precise moment in time - then I think that would be foolish for everyone concerned

Would you take out a second mortgage and buy your next house before having an offer on your current one?

Also you're making an assumption as to why the Vlaar deal stalled, could equally be something else, any restriction on transfers is likely to be wage related rather than fee related in my opinion, with any business being dependent on that.

No I wouldn't - but people do - its called a bridging loan. People do it to get the house they absolutley want.

It is and they do but its generally a bad idea.

Actually, his latest two tweets are quite promising:

All growth depends upon activity. There is no development without effort, and effort means work. Work is taking place

There are risks & costs in action,but the time for action is now.It's never too late to do something.Paul has a plan in place.

Up to the last few splurges Incognito has sounded largely sane - not so sure any more.

Even so... reading through the painful business speak it sounds like he is trying to say - we have been reading VT all afternoon and would like to calm people down by saying we are doing some work on the transfer front, it will happen before deadline day and you may or may not be impressed.

Thanks

Things to expect from the @INCOGNITOAVFC account next week:

I don't live by "The Rules" you know, and if there's one person who has influenced me in that way of thinking, someone who is a maverick, someone who does 'that' to the system then it's Ian Botham.

Trust, encouragement, reward, loyalty... satisfaction. That's what I'm... you know. Trust people and they'll be true to you. Treat them greatly, and they will show themselves to be great.