General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

You can only begin to imagine what this place will be like come the afternoon of the 31st August 2012.

I don't have to imagine. I'm reading the same shite now before the window has even closed.

This topic will be deserted because those who have at least tried to be open minded and objective about what is going on at the club will be celebrating the queality of the new signings and rejoicing in the decision to appoint Lambert.

Those who have moaned and complained and made ridiculous statements about how Randy and the club have pissed on them, hurt their feelings, lied to them and refused to sign Messi will have had their ridiculous moaning stuffed up their arses and they will be conspicuous by their absence.

And yes - you know who you are. Feel free to bookmark the comment. :thumb:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea that will happen though, none whats so ever. You assume thats the case but it certainly doesn't make it so and i'm sure we'll all know about it if it does.

Not once have I said I know what's happening or what will definetly happen. I've said what it looks like given the facts and evidence I see. Could I be completely wrong? Yes.

Yet you keep on going on and on and on and and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on in every thread.

Positives are swept under the carpet to be ignored with the ongoing obsession with money, money, money.

I honest question, would you support Villa in any other league, or if we were relegated would you support another team in the premier league? Because how you act it screams the latter.

This sell to buy bullshit is a farce

I actually think it says a lot about our aspirations as a club.. I see it as if we balance the books and work towards Europe we'll actually be able to play in Europe. You look at the likes of QPR and they may make it Top 6 with all the players they are buying, but good luck playing in the Uefa League when almost 100% of your revenue is going on wages..

I honest question, would you support Villa in any other league, or if we were relegated would you support another team in the premier league? Because how you act it screams the latter.

I've had my season ticket for over 10 years and I will continue to do so

I'm just not going to be hypocritical because Randy isn't doug.

TBH 12m for Fletcher!?. The Toon got Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote all for 12m. I know who I'd rather have! This also looks to be the way Villa want to work in the transfer market. I would rather we get in who Lambert wants at reasonable prices than panic buy just to please the fans. Hopefully this will see progress on the pitch as well as off it with regards to wages etc.

You have no idea that will happen though, none whats so ever. You assume thats the case but it certainly doesn't make it so and i'm sure we'll all know about it if it does.

Not once have I said I know what's happening or what will definetly happen. I've said what it looks like given the facts and evidence I see. Could I be completely wrong? Yes.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

:lol:

This sell to buy bullshit is a farce

I actually think it says a lot about our aspirations as a club.. I see it as if we balance the books and work towards Europe we'll actually be able to play in Europe. You look at the likes of QPR and they may make it Top 6 with all the players they are buying, but good luck playing in the Uefa League when almost 100% of your revenue is going on wages..

Na....the rule will never be inforced like that.

Most of the top clubs in Europe are massively overspending including the likes of Barcalona, Chelsea, Man City etc and now PSG as well.

There is no way any club will be barred from Europe, it's an empty threat. They will be told to slow down spending, like City have, and all will be forgiven.

I've had my season ticket for over 10 years and I will continue to do so

I'm just not going to be hypocritical because Randy isn't doug.

I didn't say anything about Doug.

But how would you enjoy supporting Villa if we were in another league, you seem obsessed with spending money. Would you cheer a goal in another league, celebrate a win? A lot of our fan base need to experience relegation, would do them the world of good, learn to enjoy the little things.

People have become obsessed with money and forgotten about supporting the club and enjoying the football, from the premier league right down the leagues there are plenty of clubs with no money who have plenty of fans, how the hell do they cope?

I appreciate last season was terrible, the club are trying to ensure that doesn't happen again, but before even the second game has been played everyone is an expert on what should and shouldn't be done and what will happen, the worse case scenario every time of course!

I imagine we'll do okay this season, play some better stuff win a few games, but before that has even happened or even been given the chance too, away we go with all the same nonsense.

If Randy cannot afford it he should just sell to someone who can, who? Who are these magical owners that will turn us into the champions and spend bucket loads to please fickle fans.

Ridiculous.

Could it be that we are on to some kind of deal with stoke with Hutton/Dunne going one way and K. Jones going the other?

Wouldn't mind it.

This is looking like the best case scenario at the moment !

There is quite a strong chance now that we will go with what we have - this would be the weakest squad I can recall since the mid eighties.

On the balance of the rumours and market we are in - I think we will get Olson\cresswell and Jones

Its already stronger than last season....

How do you figure that?

We have replaced Petrov with KEA (not sure if that is an imporivement or not) and Collins with Vlaar (that looks to be an improvement) then brought in a league 1 RB and have released or transfer listed a load of players.

It looks like it will be a struggle to name the 7 players on our bench this season. When the injuries and suspensions strike we are going to massively struggle.

The squad is extreamly weak.

This is one of the weakest and worst villa squads for some time. We need to bring in about 8 players to the squad to be any good. We need another 3/4 minimum if we are going to avoid a relegation battle

TBH 12m for Fletcher!?. The Toon got Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote all for 12m. I know who I'd rather have! This also looks to be the way Villa want to work in the transfer market. I would rather we get in who Lambert wants at reasonable prices than panic buy just to please the fans. Hopefully this will see progress on the pitch as well as off it with regards to wages etc.

I think we all want to buy similar players to Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote and very few on here want to spend £12m on Fletcher actually.

Not sure what there is to moan about, the majority of our overpaid and under performing players are being sold or left out.

Heskey has gone.

The core of our starting 11 has been massively improved - Vlaar defence, Karim midfield. We have one of the best goal scorers in the league.

A number of cracking young prospects and time to add a few more players.

Our manager is also concerned about playing good football.

We just have to accept we do not have the resources of Man city/Chelsea - and I'm actually pleased.

Not sure what there is to moan about, the majority of our overpaid and under performing players are being sold or left out.

Heskey has gone.

The core of our starting 11 has been massively improved - Vlaar defence, Karim midfield. We have one of the best goal scorers in the league.

A number of cracking young prospects and time to add a few more players.

Our manager is also concerned about playing good football.

We just have to accept we do not have the resources of Man city/Chelsea - and I'm actually pleased.

I think we do accept that we don't have the resources Man City\ Chelsea - its when Stoke \West Ham \ Sunderland are outspending us that the questions start being asked.

I don't think people are moaning about Randy spending millions on players, but spending some to help improve the strength of the playing squad. We seem to be watching, waiting, (commiserating), while the teams around us improve. Nobody is going to buy our crap either. I said previously I don't think we are going to sign anymore players this window. As far as I am concerned the window is closed. Maybe we will be surprised later.

Could it be that we are on to some kind of deal with stoke with Hutton/Dunne going one way and K. Jones going the other?

Wouldn't mind it.

This is looking like the best case scenario at the moment !

There is quite a strong chance now that we will go with what we have - this would be the weakest squad I can recall since the mid eighties.

On the balance of the rumours and market we are in - I think we will get Olson\cresswell and Jones

Its already stronger than last season....

How do you figure that?

We have replaced Petrov with KEA (not sure if that is an imporivement or not) and Collins with Vlaar (that looks to be an improvement) then brought in a league 1 RB and have released or transfer listed a load of players.

It looks like it will be a struggle to name the 7 players on our bench this season. When the injuries and suspensions strike we are going to massively struggle.

The squad is extreamly weak.

This is one of the weakest and worst villa squads for some time. We need to bring in about 8 players to the squad to be any good. We need another 3/4 minimum if we are going to avoid a relegation battle

Agreed, it is a weak squad but it is weak because of the ridiculous amount of overspending on wages that occurred when we were buying players left-right-center. Lerner should have had a tighter grip on this but can we criticise him if he was giving the top four his best shot? That is what everyone is asking him to do right now - overspend. The club has no money. Lerner has invested hundreds of millions to date.

Our most recent accounts showed us that we have to cut our on-going liabilities if we are to be run a self sufficent football club. Lerner is not rich enough to be able to absorb £50m losses year after year and as a fanbase we have to accept that. How many Billionaires with excess of £2b are there out there who would be willing to invest in a club outside of London. Not many I would suggest.

Don`t understand the negative vibe on here. We look to have purchased some very good players for good prices and are shipping out the overpaid cartel who we have been slagging off for the last two seasons.

Its the first window in his first season, lamberts team will need time to gel and he will need a few transfer windows to get his squad how he wants it.

Things are looking very promising at the club. Getting a decent striker now would be ideal but If not we can go until January with what we have and get a couple of players in then.

But then are those who say we shouldn't dicuss the downbeat scenario - because thje closing of the window hasn't happened yet. A view I can never really fathom - as if you think about 90% of the healthy dicussion is our interpreation of what todays events\non events mean for Aston Villa on the pitch if future weeks\months\years .

Exactly.

We might as well close the match threads because you might as well wait for the final whistle instead of discussing what might happen.