General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

lackpool?

This is what people said about CNZ when he was at wigan.

I can't remember a single person on here not keen for us to sign CNZ at the time.The point is Bannan has done nothing yet. Charlie Adam has.

I was firmly against it. a few good games for wigan - but totally inconsistent. I don't consider him a flop as I never expected him to do much. Complete waste of space. Should be benched for Saturday.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watching the webchat, clearly Kendrick knows very little.

This. All guess work from Kendrick. Tell you what though, that Kenny Loggins chap knows what he's talking about. :!:

I hope that doesn't mean we're heading right into the danjaaaa zone.

And if we are, we'll all want to jump off a bri..........You're right, too soon.

Dont understand people wanting Johnson and Carroll. I assume nobody has ever seen Johnson play as passing and crossing are not hings he does regularly. he is not the winger you want for Carroll

As for Adam he got Liverpool most assists last season and he didnt even play for last 2 or 3 months of it

Exactly, I've said the same thing myself about Johnson.

He's just like a better version of Nzogbia in that he's good at going past players and and cutting in from the right on his left foot but not great at passing and creating.

Not saying I'd want to pay the fee for him or particuarly rate him but someone like Matt Jarvis would be ideal if we got Carroll.

Really don't see the big hype around Charlie Adam, Yes he was good at BlackPool, but CNZ was also good at wigan, and look what he has brought to the club -_-

Steve Sidwell was also good for Reading. Some players don't work well at other clubs.

Sorry, but Adam Johnson is a quality player. If he was playing for any other team he would be providing assist after assist. Don't think he'll come to Villa, just another idiot player who can't see past his salary, but he's undoubtedly better than any player currently at Villa.

He still created more assists at Liverpool last season than anyone else, despite being out for 11 games.

Made 11 assists, only 3 from set pieces and chipped in with 2 more goals than Disco word removed facce Stu. Better than any of our midfield and is still only 26.

Have you been reading Moneyball?

So what if he got eight assists from play? For all you know half of them could have been ten yard passes to feet. His general play was atrocious - my Liverpool supporting friends think he's one of the most useless players they've seen at the club. Need I remind you that his performances in the middle of the park (the most important position on the pitch) contributed to one of the most successful clubs in world football finishing 8th in the league, their worst finish for 18 years.

I really don't see how anyone could claim that he's better than any of our midfield. He's like an older, much fatter, much slower Barry Bannan, and Bannan can't get a start for us. Ireland, KEA (from the little I've seen of him) and Gardner are all better options for us at the moment.

He did well at a small club for a season in the Championship and then one more in the Prem, and then he moved to a proper club and got found out.

Charlie Adam is a Heskey type character, he's the butt of jokes throughout the football community because it's fairly obvious he's punching well above his weight(snigger) at Liverpool.

And until we see more of Gardner at the top level then it's difficult to say either way whether or not he's a better option.

Gardner needs to be loaned out to a Championship club or another Premiership club to see if he can actually make the grade. Not looked good at all whenever he has come on so needs time to show what he can do and gain experience. A loan deal would suit everyone.

Adam would be good at Villa. Imagine if we could get him, A. Johnson, Cresswell and a Striker in.

Anyone know how much Charlie Adam is on??

A gram a week but that's only a rumour.

If I was on 100k a week I'd be on 3 grams a day, all washed down with ten bottles of a 1956 don perignon :lol:

He still created more assists at Liverpool last season than anyone else, despite being out for 11 games.

Made 11 assists, only 3 from set pieces and chipped in with 2 more goals than Disco word removed facce Stu. Better than any of our midfield and is still only 26.

Have you been reading Moneyball?

So what if he got eight assists from play? For all you know half of them could have been ten yard passes to feet. His general play was atrocious - my Liverpool supporting friends think he's one of the most useless players they've seen at the club. Need I remind you that his performances in the middle of the park (the most important position on the pitch) contributed to one of the most successful clubs in world football finishing 8th in the league, their worst finish for 18 years.

I really don't see how anyone could claim that he's better than any of our midfield. He's like an older, much fatter, much slower Barry Bannan, and

Bannan can't get a start for us. Ireland, KEA (from the little I've seen of him) and Gardner are all better options for us at the moment.

He did well at a small club for a season in the Championship and then one

more in the Prem, and then he moved to a proper club and got found out.

I'm not batting for Charlie Adam per se, but I'm just pointing out that he simply provided more assists than any other Liverpool player. Im not saying anything about the "quality" of the assist, just stating the number. Yes he helped Liverpool to their worst finish in 18 years, but he at least helped them finish as Hugh as they did more than any other midfielder.

My comment about our midfield was to say that none of them had these

stats in them from last season.

As for your 'Liverpool supporting mate', well that means nothing really. We're all Villa fans on here but look at the divide in opinion on Stephen Ireland.

Charlie Adam is clearly better at this stage in his career than Gary Gardner, and performed better at Blackpool than Bannan did when he was there. I still stand by the fact that he created more goals last season than any of our players and is only 26, so not as useless as some say.

Sorry, but Adam Johnson is a quality player. If he was playing for any other team he would be providing assist after assist. Don't think he'll come to Villa, just another idiot player who can't see past his salary, but he's undoubtedly better than any player currently at Villa.

would he? he doesnt cross or pass to assist. only thing i could think would work on his total would be Bent getting his rebounds or deflections

I think he only had 4 assists last season. He started something like 19 games. So really he isn't providing "assist after assist".