General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Can't see Stoke spending that kind of money when Pulis was talking about Owen in his press conference. If we did sell Bent we wouldn't have a fit experienced striker with Gabby being injured. All potential replacements would have an inflated value because clubs would know we have money. I can't see this happening at all.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Bent on around 80-100k a week in wages? Moving to Stoke wouldn't be a big payday for him, it would be downsizing his pay massively and I cant see them giving him the circa £3m sign-on bonus we gave him either...?

Not to mention Randy would want a profit on our £24m or to atleast break even. Surely Stoke can find better value than that for somebody they're just going to ping balls over the head of anyway?

:oops:

Strange how these Villa rumours are still doing the rounds.

With Lambert confirming today he 'admires' KJ, maybe this Bent thing isn't too far off the mark.

For anybody who doesnt know, I work in the drinks industry and was told eight weeks ago that we were getting Bent. ( please check my last few posts, I don't post that often) Which I posted.

Didn't believe it at the time, because of the fee that maybe involved, but now...

Nothing to do with the player mentioned, just a thought.

I remember this time last year people were very unconvinced about Gabby whereas I was thinking what a good signing he would be.

However! This year, I am of the thinking that this would be a disappointing signing and I would much rather keep Kenwyne (if he is to be part of the deal) than sign Gabby. Shirley there are better players out there for us to have a punt on - Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Djribl Cisse, N'Zogbia, Sessignon, Owen..

and of course Defoe and Bent.

Gabby works well in anti-football teams and would fit in well at Stoke i think. Could see him going to Stoke. Not sure i'd be too annoyed by it, Villa through and through.. but for 60k+ a week and roughly £15m for him we could probably get better, maybe not as loyal, but I could understand it if he left.

Bent wont be moving anywhere 'cos no one would pay the money we'd want for him. So there's absolutely no need to worry.

Arsenal have already replaced Van Persie.

Stoke can't afford Bent.

And to be brutally honest, Bent probably isn't good enough to play for a better team than us really.

The idiots on that site have beeing saying that Gabby is on the way to them and signing "tomorrow" for weeks. And Steven Ireland.

The idea that Bent is going to take a 50k pay cut to play for that shite is laughable.

They're getting Hutton and they can lump it.