General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Just expect a few bumps along the way thats all - a couple of heavy defeats!

This!

Lamberts here for the long haul, we're setting up well getting a decent back room team in and are doing things "the right way".

Get the rest of the trouble makers out, get players with drive and want in and we're looking good.

This is the start of a positive change but we have to be prepared for it to take some time.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, could well be yet another South American hype-job that will look out of his depth in a proper league.

Italian league may have gone down hell of late but I wouldn't go as far as saying its not a 'proper' league.

I'm a little bit worried about our squad this season. Someone tell me we are going to be alright please!

Time to find your bollocks mate

I nearly spat out my tea reading this!

Don't be such a pussy, we'll be fine this season.

Just expect a few bumps along the way thats all - a couple of heavy defeats!

This!

Lamberts here for the long haul, we're setting up well getting a decent back room team in and are doing things "the right way".

Get the rest of the trouble makers out, get players with drive and want in and we're looking good.

This is the start of a positive change but we have to be prepared for it to take some time.

And we have to accept next season is gonna be very hard! I've said it before and I'll say it again. If this is our finished squad for the season then the aim is staying up.

I just read on the BBC that we're looking at Defoe and Jones, if we got either of them or both I'd shit myself. I still rate Defoe even at his age, and Jones with Gabby or Bent would be a great attack I think, even a three person attack. Defoe with Bent and Jones, shiiiiit that sounds pretty killer.

I just read on the BBC that we're looking at Defoe and Jones, if we got either of them or both I'd shit myself. I still rate Defoe even at his age, and Jones with Gabby or Bent would be a great attack I think, even a three person attack. Defoe with Bent and Jones, shiiiiit that sounds pretty killer.

I wouldn't class it as a shit yourself moment but I'd defo take Defoe and even Jones rather than start the season as we are.

I thought Randy gave 20 million to Lambert to sign players .All we have spent 9.5 million and you can minus 2.5million of that from the Collins sale. :(

Two Weeks! We've still got Two weeks! We've still got Two weeks! Two weeks...

Well Dempsey is now completely refusing to play for Fulham and has been fined for breach of contract. He's burnt his bridges there now with the idea of playing for Liverpool. Martin Jol has said that Liverpool haven't made an offer. I'm not so sure they will either with the players they have bought. Before this happened I would have said there's no chance of signing him but he's going to have to move somewhere.

Yeah for the people that keep mentioning the lack of signings, looks take a trip back in history:

08/09 Summer Window:

Milner 12 million 29/08

09/10 Summer Window:

Warnock 7 million 26/08

Collins 5 million 1/09

Dunne 5 million 1/09

And last season we also had quite a lot of movement on the last day, so chill out for now because it is coming. Add to that, the further we go into the window the more signings top teams will make and that could displace some of their fringe players, freeing up more possible transfers. Sit back and enjoy.

Well Dempsey is now completely refusing to play for Fulham and has been fined for breach of contract. He's burnt his bridges there now with the idea of playing for Liverpool. Martin Jol has said that Liverpool haven't made an offer. I'm not so sure they will either with the players they have bought. Before this happened I would have said there's no chance of signing him but he's going to have to move somewhere.

I was thinking the same thing. However he will end up at the Scousers no matter what tripe they spin!

You can have separate new topics on Defoe and Jones you know, they just need starting properly, with a correct title, the original article and a link to it.

Hint: The Independent has an article about both of them

Just remember now a separate topic for each of them, even if it is the same article!

You can have separate new topics on Defoe and Jones you know, they just need starting properly, with a correct title, the original article and a link to it.

Just remember now a separate topic for each of them, even if it is the same article!

The less talk of both of them the better :D

Didn't you just close one?

Didn't you just close one?

What you mean the one with no article, no link and a shit title? Yes I did :mrgreen: