General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Delfouneso has been blooded a little, but now he needs a run of games upfront, if he could go on loan where he is playing regularly as a striker that would be great, but otherwise i'd keep him here and start him in the carling cup alongside Weimann. We have two proven strikers, we have 3 players who can play off a main striker in Ireland, N'Zogbia and Holman plus I think Lambert is likely to play a 4-5-1, so I don't think a stirker is essential, if we could sign a quality striker at good price that brings something different to our options then why not, but we are by no mean desperate.

Been on loan at Burnley and played out of position, on loan at Leicester, didn't get a run of games. He has lots of abilty. Pace, strength (when he gets stuck in), very good dribbling skills, gets into some good positions as well. Needs to be more proactive and improve his movement in the box. For Delfouneso the problems are mental, but that also means that the problems can be overcome.

Been on loan at Burnley and played out of position, on loan at Leicester, didn't get a run of games. He has lots of abilty. Pace, strength (when he gets stuck in), very good dribbling skills, gets into some good positions as well. Needs to be more proactive and improve his movement in the box. For Delfouneso the problems are mental, but that also means that the problems can be overcome.

You left out the biggest problem. He cannot consistently hit the target.

Perhaps that is mental as well, and the goal on the American trip had to be a confidence boost. I am still waiting to see it.

If we get a new striker in (one that starts games every time) we should loan the fonz out to a championship club, where he is guaranteed games, if he is guaranteed a game week in week out he will improve. For now though he isn't good enough for us

If we don't bring in another 3 players at the very least I'd be shocked.

Trouble is I think the money has dried up. The timing of the vlaar\collins dea would suggest some restrictions are in place.

I think the player who we would miss the least but in would bring in the most cash would be Nzogbia. However PL was speaking of his importance to the team this very weekend - which would suggest nothing is imminent.

Ideally I would sell Nzog - £10m - buy Matt Philips for £7m - the remaining £3m (+ money from any other player sales) I would put towards a new keeper.

Why in the name of God would you want to spend £3million on a new goalkeeper when it's unlikely we're going to sell Given this summer?

I think we have been lucky with given in respect of form/injuries. I would prefer not to go into the season expecting that luck to hold out.

If we don't bring in another 3 players at the very least I'd be shocked.

Trouble is I think the money has dried up. The timing of the vlaar\collins dea would suggest some restrictions are in place.

I think the player who we would miss the least but in would bring in the most cash would be Nzogbia. However PL was speaking of his importance to the team this very weekend - which would suggest nothing is imminent.

Ideally I would sell Nzog - £10m - buy Matt Philips for £7m - the remaining £3m (+ money from any other player sales) I would put towards a new keeper.

Why in the name of God would you want to spend £3million on a new goalkeeper when it's unlikely we're going to sell Given this summer?

I think we have been lucky with given in respect of form/injuries. I would prefer not to go into the season expecting that luck to hold out.

Should Given get injured we have Guzan and after that Marshall/Siegrist.

Our goalkeeping line up is the last thing that needs altering imo.

Lets hope so. If nothing more than to silence the negativity about needing to sell before we buy. Its just speculation and i think Lambert is just assessing the squad before making final decisions. Yesterdays game should have shown how much we need a new LB and another CB for squad depth.

I wouldn't write Delfounesso off just yet he is still only 21, and has shown he can score goals. Not saying he is going to make it, just saying he has the ability.

But this is the problem we are gambling on players who may or may not make it as prem players, we can't rely on these type of players for a whole season. Not saying some of these players won't make it, but i'd rather we had the luxury of blooding them gradually instead of putting them straight in the firing line. Trouble is, we don't.

Trouble is we have a lot of these 'he's only young' players at first team level. Lambert has done well as has purchases so that next season t the young guns will only get a game on merit.

I am curious to see Gary Gardner given a go - but beyond that I think we have to have more realistic expectations about our youngsters. I would be happy if Kieran Clark proves himself a top flight centre back next season.

I wouldn't write Delfounesso off just yet he is still only 21, and has shown he can score goals. Not saying he is going to make it, just saying he has the ability.

But this is the problem we are gambling on players who may or may not make it as prem players, we can't rely on these type of players for a whole season. Not saying some of these players won't make it, but i'd rather we had the luxury of blooding them gradually instead of putting them straight in the firing line. Trouble is, we don't.

Trouble is we have a lot of these 'he's only young' players at first team level. Lambert has done well as has purchases so that next season t the young guns will only get a game on merit.

I am curious to see Gary Gardner given a go - but beyond that I think we have to have more realistic expectations about our youngsters. I would be happy if Kieran Clark proves himself a top flight centre back next season.

Sorry just something that is bugging me, why do you keep spelling his name as Keiran even though he has a thread showing his name is spelt Ciaran?

Talk about hedging your bets. We all know Villa don't come out and announce anything, so that tweet is just hilarious. Wouldn't believe it.

They say mud sticks though. Chuck a few names around and eventually one will come good.

A bid turned down.......

I wouldn't mind him though.

EDITED JUST FOR YOU!