General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results?

**** me guys, how pathetic.

Was it not two years ago we beat Ajax and Juventus in pre-season games? Why haven't we won the champions league yet?! God were so shit!

Get a **** grip.

I know its Ridiculous.. Jesus we haven't even started the season and we are already slating our manager.

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill wants Aston Villa left-back Stephen Warnock for around £2million (People)

TBH looking at the bench yesterday Im not so sure about losing all these older squad members just yet.

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill wants Aston Villa left-back Stephen Warnock for around £2million (People)

TBH looking at the bench yesterday Im not so sure about losing all these older squad members just yet.

I don't know if you were at the game or not - but going by his performance - at fault for two goals and three times letting a simple pass go over his foot and out for a throw - he's one we can do without.

Pre-season is meant to be all about fitness, Lambert said that at the start.. Results don't mean anything.

Results are everything. Excuses already even before the season starts!

Nonsense.

You're looking at fitness and for a friendly to tell you something about your team. If a lack of cutting edge was evident to us, then its evident to Lambert and we can do something about it.

I don't think people are that worried about loosing a pre season game to Nottingham.

I think they are worried about having sold our best players over the last couple of years and failed to replace them.

Having horrid seasons under useless managers and almost getting relegated.

The uncertainty about our owner and his dedication to the club and how much money will be availiable to rebuild the squad.

Some, like me might even be worried about if Lambert will be able to turn this club around or if he will be yet another one of those managers who after a impressing first season in the PL struggles the following season.

They are worried about if our "young" players will finally step up or as this is most likelly their last chanse to shine in a Villa shirt.

After what has happened at our club in the last couple of seasons people are worried about pretty much everything (can't say i blame them)

...and then loosing a pre season game to Nottingham.

I don't know if you were at the game or not - but going by his performance - at fault for two goals and three times letting a simple pass go over his foot and out for a throw - he's one we can do without.

Didnt see the game yesterday but we all know he has those games in his locker.

Now Im not saying he should be a starter, more that his experience may prove valuable in the squad, especially seeing how light we were yesterday.

In an ideal world we would replace him with a quality player on half his wages, but failing that Im not so sure if we would be wise just taking another senior squad player out.

would you be happy with this for a squad?

Given

Guzan

Benji Siegrist

Marshall

Cresswell/Another LB

Stevens

Lichaj

Lowton

Vlaar

Clark

Dunne

Baker

Yoshiadi

N'zogbia

Albrighton

Holman

Adam Johnson

Carruthers

Grealish

El Ahmadi

Bannan

Ireland

Annan

Gardner

Delph

Herd

Danny Johnson

Bent

Agbonlahor

Weimann

Matias Suarez

Delfouneso

I'd say that

Cresswell 4.5m

Yoshiadi 2.5m

Adam Johnson Loan with a view to buy for 9m (1m loan fee)

Annan 2m

Matias Suarez 10m

Outs

hutton 2m

Warnock 2m

thats us spending 20m overall after what we have already bought... not beyond the relms of posibility

-------------------Given

----------Clark-----------Vlaar

Lichaj-----------------------------Cresswell

----------Annan-------El Ahmadi

-------Ireland-----------Johnson/N'zo

-----------------------M.Suarez

--------------Bent

Pre-season is meant to be all about fitness, Lambert said that at the start.. Results don't mean anything.

Results are everything. Excuses already even before the season starts!

Not in pre-season they're not.

Some people just always have to have something to moan about.

Mattias Suarez? failed his medical and now looking at surgery on his knee. Definate no no, he wouldn't come here either.

yeah I saw he failed his medi on Knee problems but It didnt seem as serious as surgery in the article i read :P would be a cracking player for us tho!

Mattyp I love your optimism over our net spend but it's not going to happen mate.

What have we spent so far? 6-7mm (I have taken off the money for Collins), I honestly don't think we will see any more new faces unless someone is sold.

Maybe that report from a few months back about us having 8m to spend was correct, feels like it to me.

This doesn't mean I think we will struggle, I don't but neither do I think we will win a trophy which is what I find most frustrating about the modern (money)game.

Mattyp I love your optimism over our net spend but it's not going to happen mate.

What have we spent so far? 6-7mm (I have taken off the money for Collins), I honestly don't think we will see any more new faces unless someone is sold.

Maybe that report from a few months back about us having 8m to spend was correct, feels like it to me.

This doesn't mean I think we will struggle, I don't but neither do I think we will win a trophy which is what I find most frustrating about the modern (money)game.

Agreed mate but I doubt Lambert would have come for that sort of transfer money... I would hope too that RL has seen that we need a rebuild, I do think it will take more than one summer, methinks 2014-15 will be a totally different team!

I think Lambert wouldn't have come if Lerner had said you won't have a decent amount to spend. If lambert see's fit to buy someone for 10/12 million then i'm positive Lerner would provide him with the cash.

Tbf we need to spend more money on a LB, maybe another CB (less important) Definitely a CM or a Winger and 100% need another striker, BADLY!

I don't think there are many moaning or slating the manager over the game yesterday. The game highlighted our struggles upfront. Lambert hasn't signed an attacking player yet and lets hope that we get a couple along with a new LB.

We have a superb finisher in bent, we can't waste him for another year by relying on what we currently have to supply him with chances.