General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

People would still moan that we are loaning younger players from bigger clubs and the fact he is not that bigger a name

I would moan if it was a loan deal. I don't see the point in it.

We have young strikers that need games so i wouldn't see the point helping out a player and another club while our players have no chance to develop.

What if he scores 15-20 goals for us? Still no point?

I think so because 12 months down the line we've just lost a top striker and the development of the young lads still at the club has completely stalled.

We now have a long term plan under lambert and i don't think loaning in young players is a smart way to achieve this.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of him... Just know that man city have a poor academy and have to get foreign youngsters in nowadays. Is he english ?

Richards, Sturridge, Ireland, Micheal Johnson (obviously self imploded but looked a good player before that), SWP, Barton & Onouha all came through there in recent years, sounds a lot better than ours.

So hang on, Gazton said we were after a striker he didn't mention Man City yet everyone is seemingly convinced we are after Guidetti? Is there any more substance to this that I've missed or reason to think he is the striker in question?

I'm sure Guidetti was mentioned by someone on here as a good signing because of his goal scoring record, it was then picked up by the idiots on Twitter and has spiralled from there.

Fletcher is an ok player - would be no disgrace to our squad but the money they are talking for him is just crazy .

For a guy with his ability/scoring record I would be wanting to pay around £4m possibly slightly more.

I reckon he would do a decent enough job for us but to be honest I'd be slightly disappointed in this one.

Fingers crossed MON outbids us on this one - very much his type of singing.

You know, it would be nice for a change if Lambert looked further afield to more exotic places for transfer targets.

Like Ajax or PSV. :)

For sure and also Twente

So hang on, Gazton said we were after a striker he didn't mention Man City yet everyone is seemingly convinced we are after Guidetti? Is there any more substance to this that I've missed or reason to think he is the striker in question?

I'm sure Guidetti was mentioned by someone on here as a good signing because of his goal scoring record, it was then picked up by the idiots on Twitter and has spiralled from there.

I think it's also due to his links to Feyenoord.. It's clear that Lambert last season had his scouts watching every player at Feyenoord, Guidetti was there last season and scored 20 goals in 23 apps. I am sure given that Lambert seems obsessed in poaching every Feyenoord player or every player linked to Feyenoord, that Guidetti would be on the radar.