General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berbatov would be amazing. He can link play and score and is still potentially a magical player even though he's in his 30s. He'd be like our 2012/13 Luc Nillis and the type of player we dont really have.

Owen, well he's a poacher and I dont doubt he can still score goals, it's just his injury record that would bother me.

I would look elsewhere but it wouldn't be terrible on the right deal.

Wouldn't be against Owen on the right deal. When fit and playing he scores goals, simple as that. As long as we're not paying him millions to be injured then I don't see a problem.

Berbatov would be another good signing. Guess he'd want upwards of £80k p/w which would probably be a problem for us.

^^ Agree with this... Owen would be ideal back up for Bent or as another option if we needed to push for a goal etc.. After all have we all forgotten what happened to our attack once Bent got injured last term?

0 wins i believe? & hardly any goals?

Wages is of course the issue however & i can see him ending up at one of West Ham, who appear to be going for any big name they can get hold of regardless of wages (A habit they appear not to have learned from since the last time they were in the Prem) or Southampton, who appear to think they are now akin to Manchester United for some bizarre reason... The other places would be Reading or QPR who both appear eager to buy anyone who moves again regardless of wages. (Nathanial Clyne being the case in point as i think he is one of those Lambert was critisizing for being greedy?)

I hope he goes to an MLS side (Owen) as i've had money on that for years as his next club! Dont hitnk he will come here, but it seems like the Vlaar rumours are mounting. I wonder how it would work with the gaffer in the states? Would he fly back, rely on other people or just do it by fax?

The Owen agent rumour worries me, unless he was dropping off the new 'Michael Owen' brochures for potential sales. I think if we are to get another striker in, it will be a bigger target man. Lukaku on loan from Chelsea would be a great option if the money is still a bit tight. I don't care if people think it's training up other teams players, if he helps us get top 6, then we can attract better strikers next summer. If money isn't tight let's go get The Hulk, Lambert seems quite the salesman and its good to dream....now where did I put that acid?....

Well Michael Owen is for me totally over the top, too injury-prone and not least; not a goalscorer anymore.

His goals in the league the last few seasons: 0, 2, 3, 8, 11, 0, 7. In that period he has been on the pitch 102 times, but of course many of those as a sub.

All in all, he is a poison chalice on big (ish) wages, 95% certain to be injured for large parts of the season. Stay away! It is 9 years since he scored over 15 goals in the league for god's sake.

Apparently Hoilett is having a medical today at QPR. Shame, would have liked him here.

Bright lights of London mate. Such a shame that a lot of young players choose clubs based on being in the capital. Reading, QPR, Fulham etc always have that advantage.

Would have liked him here given the injury to Albrighton. Has the Johnson rumour died down now?

Owen - please no... way past his best and looking for a final big paycheque contract. Was listening to talkshite the other day and that Adrian bloke who does the show with Darren Gough said Owen doesn't want to play for a club lower than premier league level, he then went on to slate Owen about how up him self he is dismissing the Championship and thinking he is to good for it, I agree with him (for the first time ever), Owen is now not much more than a Championship level player now (not saying Chapionship is poor though) and would be far to much of a risk for us in terms or whether he'll stay fit and if he would evan score enough to justify he wages.

Michael Owen eh? I'd rather keep Alan Hutton in the squad. No, actually I'd have rathered keeping Emile Heskey in the squad.

Hoilett, from what I have heard has been taking the piss with his wage demands.

Good player but not for the sort of money (£50k-£60k p/w) he's been asking for.

I think we might have been interested and that he's one of the players Lambert has had a dig at with their greediness.

If PL deems Danny Simpson god enough for a starting berth in our team then i might have to question his sanity....

Newcastle cannot wait to get rid of him as he was the weakest link in there team last season...

he's thicker than Gabby and shit as

move on Paul!

Owen would be a fine squad player if he was cheap.

But he won't be. For what he'd offer, we'd have to pay him way way too much.

So it's a no from me. And I would imagine i'll be a no from Paul Lambert too, more importantly.

Owen would be a fine squad player if he was cheap.

But he won't be. For what he'd offer, we'd have to pay him way way too much.

So it's a no from me. And I would imagine i'll be a no from Paul Lambert too, more importantly.

IMHO Owen HAS to be on a pay as you play deal. If he is determined to stay in the premier League then he will surely be willing to do this. Only way I'd take a chance on him.

If PL deems Danny Simpson god enough for a starting berth in our team then i might have to question his sanity....

Newcastle cannot wait to get rid of him as he was the weakest link in there team last season...

move on Paul!

I don't mean to be rude but I will value PL's opinion over yours. Therefore If PL thinks Simpson is good enough, then that's fine with me.

move on Paul!

I don't mean to be rude but I will value PL's opinion over yours.

I would do as well mate...

but i draw the line at Danny Simpson...

I've listened to all my Newcy chums slag him off all season...

and sure enough the first player Pardew goes after is a RB...

Hutton is better

and for those people who say "If PL thinks they are good enough then thats fine with me"

well where do you draw the line?

Titus Bramble?

a 50 year old Nayim?