General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prestige wise obviously it would rule to get into the Champions League, but on an entertainment basis alone, the Europa league offers way more entertaining games.

Off topic, I know, but one thing that bothers me about the Europa League is when the 3rd placed teams in the Champions League groups are put into it. That's bullshit IMO. If you don't finish 1st or 2nd in the group then you should be out of Europe altogether, not given another crack at European football by being dropped down into the Europa League!

That Ajax game was one of my favourite matches at VP in recent years. Midweek under flood lights, the crowd were bonkers.

The winner of the Europa League should get a champions league spot.

Teams would take it a lot more seriously then.

Fitting reward for an extra seventeen matches.

That Ajax game was one of my favourite matches at VP in recent years. Midweek under flood lights, the crowd were bonkers.

completely agree.

I would bloody love to see Villa playing n the Europa League.

If it was the old format knock out UEFA cup I'd agree, however under this new league system it's a complete joke and poison chalice of a tournament that screws clubs domestics up

In that sense I'd have to say thanks but no thanks

completely agree.

Was a great night. My god how good was Martin Laursen.

I notice JulieB has made herself scarce too after the Whittingham fiasco

Or perhaps she just got tired of explaining to people who were too thick to understand:

She was relaying information from Twitter.

Do you get that, at all? Now maybe? :cry:

Or perhaps she just got tired of explaining to people who were too thick to understand:

She was relaying information fromas Twitter.

If you look at previous speculation posts which were deleted she claimed to have spoken to someone close to whittingham saying he had cut his holiday short to sign then as she was gradually found out she changed her sources to people on twitter which just proves she is NITK

She was relaying information fromas Twitter.

If you look at previous speculation posts which were deleted she claimed to have spoken to someone close to whittingham saying he had cut his holiday short to sign then as she was gradually found out she changed her sources to people on twitter which just proves she is NITK

I’m sure JulieB knows a lot more than people make out se does! r.e Whitts she even had the photo of her mate with him on his stag night...

I actually find her tweets and posts on VT very good!

It’s the same regards any info people get, some things materialise and something it doesn’t! Same as everyday life..

Come back Julie..

:D

Im far from a regular poster, but I read this forum most days and however frustrating it can be when people who clearly arent ITK claim to be, this forum is a much duller place without said posters relaying the information they recieve or in some cases just making it up.

It has to be taken with a pinch of salt but it gets us all a little excited and im man enough to not see any ITK stuff as concrete so if it does goes tits up i dont have to throw my toys all over VT like some of you lot.

This thread was far better when the likes of JulieB was posting snippets here and there, so what if people get it wrong, it just means they are less reliable than others. Doesnt mean they shouldnt post.

I say if you hear something, post it. If you dont like people posting speculation, I Suggest you stop reading the bloody thread.

Im far from a regular poster, but I read this forum most days and however frustrating it can be when people who clearly arent ITK claim to be, this forum is a much duller place without said posters relaying the information they recieve or in some cases just making it up.

It has to be taken with a pinch of salt but it gets us all a little excited and im man enough to not see any ITK stuff as concrete so if it does goes tits up i dont have to throw my toys all over VT like some of you lot.

This thread was far better when the likes of JulieB was posting snippets here and there, so what if people get it wrong, it just means they are less reliable than others. Doesnt mean they shouldnt post.

I say if you hear something, post it. If you dont like people posting speculation, I Suggest you stop reading the bloody thread.

Yep, I`m in total agreement , FFS its a SPECULATION THREAD!!

completely agree.

Yeah that'd be great.

People are very critical of the Europa League but I'd love to see how differently they'd treat it if Sky had the rights to it. Seriously, I guarantee you if Sky had the rights they'd hype it up so much fans of clubs like Everton, Villa, Liverpool etc. wouldn't be so quick to look down their noses at it.

Yep, I`m in total agreement , FFS its a SPECULATION THREAD!!

Me too, but unfortunately there are some people who either had a family member raped by Twitter or an ITK, or they just love any excuse for a moan. It's pathetic really, getting so upset just because somebody started a rumour.

I speculate that we're re-signing Bosko Balaban.

On the Europa League thing, that game against Ajax was excellent. I'm only 23, but that and the 5-1 are probably the best days/evenings I've had at Villa Park so far. I'd be fully in favour of the Europa League winners going into the Champions League, too. I also reckon that the third-placed sides from the CL group stages shouldn't go into the EL.

Speaking sense. You should post more often

not sure about the winners of the Europa League - but domestically, to stop the top four domination - Theres a few things i'd do to make the premier league less boring....... Option 1: Top 3 in champions league - then 4th down to 7th enter into a play-off for the fourth champions league place. This way you could go into the last few games of the season with teams as low as 12th with a chance of a lottery for the champions league - that way there will be no boring mid-table nothing games and would have a more even spread of the riches on offer in the champs league. Option 2: Top 3 in Champions League with FA Cup Winners in Champions League or Option 3: Top 2 in Champions League and the winners of the two domestic cups taking Champions League places. The domestic cup will then take on a greater significance !

itll never happen tho

not sure about the winners of the Europa League - but domestically, to stop the top four domination - Theres a few things i'd do to make the premier league less boring....... Option 1: Top 3 in champions league - then 4th down to 7th enter into a play-off for the fourth champions league place. This way you could go into the last few games of the season with teams as low as 12th with a chance of a lottery for the champions league - that way there will be no boring mid-table nothing games and would have a more even spread of the riches on offer in the champs league. Option 2: Top 3 in Champions League with FA Cup Winners in Champions League or Option 3: Top 2 in Champions League and the winners of the two domestic cups taking Champions League places. The domestic cup will then take on a greater significance !

itll never happen tho

Agree, Champions League should be just that, CHAMPIONS.

Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup - if a British team wins a European trophy they are automatically allowed back in league the following season.

The league then supplies the Europa with the remaining spots.

Further more relegation should be guaranteed for the bottom two, then 18,17,16,15th have to play 3rd, 4th, 5th,6th in the Championship in a winner takes all - higher you are in Prem the lower team you get in Championship (i.e. 18th in Prem would play 3rd in Championship whilst 15th would play 6th). Keep both leagues fresh all the way til the end of the season.

Oh, and I heard it off my friends sisters boyfriends illegitimate son that we're definitely signing David Villa because he likes our name... I've written that down now so it must be true.