Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I missed a few Villa games earlier in the season, it sounds like KEA had stinkers in them, I guess I guess that is why he was droppes at the time and i guess this is why my opinion of him isn't tainted. The games I've see of him he's looked good. Passing being his main attribute.

For me KEA's failure to fill Petrov's boots is a "key" reason why we are where we are. He is the guy out of all the signings who we needed to come good quickly as we have no other real alternative & Petrov was a big big  player for us. This has left a gaping hole in the DM position.

Vlaar was the other big one having lost Cuellar, Collins & Dunne through injury & sadly he hasn't quite come up to scratch either & has been rather injury prone too.... Of course Dunne's incredibly long absence hasn't helped either & it's no coincidence with these three things combined that we are weak in defence & Midfield.

These 3 are key parts of the teams spine & to have them all missing / out of form is too much to overcome .. hence we are crap!

He's only looked crap when he's had to play alongside Bannan (Bannan hides from the ball/loses possession) 

KEA's got tekkers, i would start him over Bannan anyday. 

really? can say many things about Bannan but he doesnt hide from the ball. a rare occasion our player is brave enough to take it

For me KEA's failure to fill Petrov's boots is a "key" reason why we are where we are. He is the guy out of all the signings who we needed to come good quickly as we have no other real alternative & Petrov was a big big  player for us. This has left a gaping hole in the DM position.

Vlaar was the other big one having lost Cuellar, Collins & Dunne through injury & sadly he hasn't quite come up to scratch either & has been rather injury prone too.... Of course Dunne's incredibly long absence hasn't helped either & it's no coincidence with these three things combined that we are weak in defence & Midfield.

These 3 are key parts of the teams spine & to have them all missing / out of form is too much to overcome .. hence we are crap!

He had a calf strain, which takes a long time to heal - and that's his only injury since joining. Previous to that he played for 3 full seasons without injury. It's unfair to label him injury prone.

Think the risk was also signing players from abroad who nearly always need a bedding in period where they adjust to the pace of the prem league. In Petrovs case he had other established prem players around him so some of the heat was off him.

Vlaar and KEA have been chucked in and expected to adapt instantly, pretty risky. I think they will both have very good second half campaigns.

Villa fans in not understanding time shocker.

How did Petrov do in his first season?

Wasn't he playing on the right wing for pretty much all of that season?  KEA might need some more time to settle in but its much much more likely that he's just not very good.

really? can say many things about Bannan but he doesnt hide from the ball. a rare occasion our player is brave enough to take it

Yes, Bannan hides from the ball. (every game this season my main focus has been watching our CMs)

Whenever KEA or Westwood have possession of the ball Bannan hides away from it, which then forces them to pass it back to our defence. Bannan needs to be working constantly, trying to get into space. The only time i see Bannan looking lively is when the ball is with the defence, then he will comeback to collect it off them and attempt those hollywood passes (which ends with us losing possession) then our players have to waste all their energy in the first half by chasing after the ball.  

It's not that Bannan doesn't hide from the ball, it's just that he doesn't work hard to get into space for it. Rarely do you see him making a run forward or dart around to lay it off to a defender. He sits in front of the back four and why would KEA want to pass it there?

I'd get KEA back in the side just for a change of pace.

In his first few games, KEA looked to me like Lambert's best signing. He looked like a more attack-minded Petrov. After that he totally dropped off and seemed to lose all the technical assuredness and calmness in possession that he'd shown to start with. It didn't help that Lambert played him alongside Delph over and over, both of them fulfilling the same deep role that should have been performed by one player, with neither doing it very well. I think there's a player in there somewhere, but we may never find out since he may just be destined for a fire sale when we hit the championship.

The signing never made sense as soon as we signed Westwood. I don't know if Westwood surprised Lambert but he has sort of made KEA a redundant signing. If only we had signed someone like Diame which I am sure has been mentioned hundreds of times on here already.

Hope he comes good but don't see a place for him in the team right now, even with us badly under performing.

Honestly think now we've signed a proper DM in Sylla, Karim will begin to flourish. There is undoubted quality there as he showed in his early games and he was also recognised as one of the best players in the Eredivisie before we signed him. He's a very good passer of the ball and likes to get forward as well. I think a midfield 3 of KEA-Sylla-Westwood could work very well with the likes of Zog, Benteke, Gabby, Weimann and Bent further up the pitch. Also i really think a more solid midfield could work wonders in helping out the defence. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, I don't know. I think we'll see the best of him in the second half of the season and he could be key to our survival. A calm head.

I liked KEA when I saw him, though I can admit he struggled with the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

For mine, he is still the only midfielder I have seen play this season that passes the ball and then immediately moves into space for an easy return.

He'd benefit from a proper DM - but, then, so would Bannan.

Â