Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Herd will always get the nod ahead of Delph for me. Delph has shown nothing to suggest he can make it at this level, obviously injuries played a part in this. Though, Herd is pretty solid IMO.

------Bent------

------Holman---

Ireland-----Delph

-----El Ahmadi----

---Herd------Clark---

Lichaj---Vlaar------Lowton

-----------------------------------

------Bent------

------Holman---

Ireland-----Bannan

----El Ahmadi------

---Herd------Clark---

Lichaj---Vlaar------Lowton

These two combinations look good to me, a good spine running through, of which he is the central point with hard working versatile players around him.

If we go three at the back, we would surely need some width in midfield. Lichaj and Lowton wouldn't be able to offer much going forward if they're part of a back 3.

That's what I'm saying in that it wouldn't be a rigid back three.

It'd be fluid with Clark/Herd/Delph etc covering defensively and pushing forward when it's time enabling the full backs to go forward and come back.

• 3 weeks later...

In amongst the sea of doom I thought KEA had a good game yesterday and think he will be a very good acquisition. By all accounts only Arteta attempted more passes than him yesterday so it seems he will be the one who keeps us ticking over and move things along.

I agree - I think he can help the development of some of our youngsters, especially Delph; because he isn't the biggest guy but he doesn't take any shit from the opposition so his stature isn't a limitation for him.

Â