Euro 2012: Group D (Eng, Fra, Ukr, Swe)

TrentVilla

I thought England were clearly quite hit and miss last night. The defence was rocked by a stroke of terrible fortune, a superb cross and at times let down by ball retention in midfield, namely Young and Parker. Going forward they had moments and it's very difficult to find fault with three fantastic goals along with another 3/4 half chances and a couple of worldies that on another day could have seen us score 5 or 6 despite clearly not being at our best.

I look at Italy struggling (and failing) to beat Croatia the other night despite being vastly superior on paper. I look at Holland potentially crashing out after not taking their chances against a terrible Danish side. I look at the Spanish flattering to deceive. I don't think this England team is too bad you know....

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellbeck tried to control that ball and just got lucky

Was loving it when it was England 1-2 Mellberg

I really couldn't give a **** about the England team purely down to the bellends wearing the jersey

Strange, and yet you're English and have an avatar proclaiming your support for the England team.

It seems that on every topic on villatalk there is hostility between Mantis and CI.

No there isn't... :?

Every topic was an exaggeration by me

It wasn't obvious that you were exaggerating

I really couldn't give a **** about the England team purely down to the bellends wearing the jersey

I'd like to lock you and leemond in a room and see who depresses the other one to death first.

Also like to add. People can waffle on about "over-reliance" all they like, this is a surprisingly decent England side and they should qualify from the group regardless. But if you throw an in form Wayne Rooney into the mix you suddenly have a pretty good side as opposed to an above average one.

I can't wait.

Also like to add. People can waffle on about "over-reliance" all they like, this is a surprisingly decent England side and they should qualify from the group regardless. But if you throw an in form Wayne Rooney into the mix you suddenly have a pretty good side as opposed to an above average one.

I can't wait.

The pleasantly surprising thing for me is how many options we have.

Ox and Theo both look a threat off the bench. Wellbeck and Carrol have both done themselves wonders. Really impressed me, and we've still got Rooney coming back.

And I was surprised by how quickly and how effectively Hodgson changed things against Sweden.

As soon as we went 2-1 down he changed it, we went less direct, and it worked.

Whilst I don't think we were great against Sweden, I continue to be encouraged by our performances so far if for nothing more than the setup and how Roy seems to have been able to discipline the players and implement his systems in such a short time.

Agreed to all of the above. Starting Carroll was clearly a well thought out tactical move. It paid of. Bringing on Theo when he did was again the right move in both a tactical and inspirational sense. It worked, in fact it was quite spectacular. Then there was the Ox substitution, one which almost flattered England to a degree.

These are premier league footballers, most of them pretty good ones. With the setup we have behind the scenes firing on all cylinders too were shaping up nicely for a good run.

Roy has won us over I assume, a lot faster than I expected. Well done the FA, well done England. Bring on Ukraine and fingers crossed those pesky Spaniards!

We still believe....

Strange, and yet you're English and have an avatar proclaiming your support for the England team.

It seems that on every topic on villatalk there is hostility between Mantis and CI.

Every topic was an exaggeration by me

It wasn't obvious that you were exaggerating

Do you ever give up? You are boring.

:bang:

Agreed to all of the above. Starting Carroll was clearly a well thought out tactical move. It paid of. Bringing on Theo when he did was again the right move in both a tactical and inspirational sense. It worked, in fact it was quite spectacular. Then there was the Ox substitution, one which almost flattered England to a degree.

These are premier league footballers, most of them pretty good ones. With the setup we have behind the scenes firing on all cylinders too were shaping up nicely for a good run.

Roy has won us over I assume, a lot faster than I expected. Well done the FA, well done England. Bring on Ukraine and fingers crossed those pesky Spaniards!

We still believe....

Just don't lose to the Ukrainians now... :(

As I said, Ireland are/were ridiculously overrated on here.

Every topic was an exaggeration by me, but you 2 always seem to be having a ding dong at eachother and have different views on things especially in the main forum. Its no big deal anyway there are 2 forum members on here who piss me off and always seem to disagree with me.

We really don't.

In at least 6 topics on this forum you have clashed with CI. I have seen it with my own 2 eyes, if you want to deny it then fine, Im not going to argue about it.

England must not be complacent though. I remember euro 2000 when England just needed a draw against a supposedly inferior Romania side to go through. Romania only had 1 point from their first 2 games but still managed to beat England. I think there is more discipline in this team though.

Most people clash with CI ;)
Just what I was going to say. :lol:

I'm not really sure merely talking to someone counts as "clashing" though.

OK. Let me put it like this, you have a difference of opinion with CI very often especially on the main forum. Anyway........

I've been reasonably impressed with Hodgson so far... it helps that he is a likeable bloke! Still massive question marks over some of his selections in the squad, most notably Downing. The only rationale I can give for that he is a genuine left footer, something which we have lacked over the years. But by not playing him what was the point of picking him? Would much rather have Lennon or Johnson to be a impact sub. But, overall, its going ok. I liked the way he made immediate changes against Sweden when we went down.

Most people clash with CI ;)
Just what I was going to say. :lol:

I'm not really sure merely talking to someone counts as "clashing" though.

OK. Let me put it like this, you have a difference of opinion with CI very often especially on the main forum. Anyway........

That's the case with almost everybody on here and CI.

England charged with improper conduct for an attempted pitch invasion

Nothing about zlatans celebration

There was an attempted pitch invasion?

Â