2012/13 - What would be an acceptable season ?

smetrov

I don't ask for much. I don't need the Champions League, I don't even need Europe. All I ask for is a season not beset by injuries and Alex McLeish. So I'm halfway there.

If we can find a manager who plays an attractive, entertaining style, all the better.

If while doing this we find ourselves in the race for a European spot come next March, and totally safe of relegation, then I'd be immensely pleased.

i want to be able to read about villa in the press with a sense of pride, rather than dread...

i know people like to kick someone when they're down, but bloody hell, its been vicious for the last year...

stability, structure and a reasonably long term plan would get us a lot of the way there...

Acceptable? Entertaining play. Safe from relegation regardless of results with 3 matches to play.

Delighted? Entertaining play. Top half finish.

I think anything above that is pretty unrealistic. It will be a new manager, a new system. These things take some time.

50 points.

We got 38 points by playing atrociously bad and throwing away numerous leads, 50 points should be very achievable.

Here's hoping. 50 would have got us top half last season. Think you may be getting a bit ahead of yourself, let's not forget how bad we are at football :)

Stability is the key now, just so we're not in this situation next season.

Anywhere in the table as long as we comfortably stay away from the bottom 3 and we are mathematically

safe by end of march.

If whoever we get to manage us can just see out next season while doing this he'll have a chance to start building something.

Oh and improving the style of football ( which shouldn't be hard ).

It's the following year that I'd hope we'd have a shot at cracking the top 4.

Hahaha, good one..

I'd be happy with a comfortable midtable season, entertaining football and the occasional bit of excitement.

I don't want another season of going to the pub and either refusing to talk about Villa, or not having anything remotely interesting to say about them.

Hopefully with some steady progress, good management and a few shrewd signings we can be looking at Top 6 in 3-4 years.

Stability is the key now, just so we're not in this situation next season.

Anywhere in the table as long as we comfortably stay away from the bottom 3 and we are mathematically

safe by end of march.

If whoever we get to manage us can just see out next season while doing this he'll have a chance to start building something.

Oh and improving the style of football ( which shouldn't be hard ).

Hit the nail on the head.

We shouldnt be looking at positions, we should be looking to consolidate, build a foundation this summer of a team who can, go on to better things in the future. We all know we need to rebuild, change the brand of football, look like were going to try and win games, attempt a cheeky cup run and i dont think we can moan to much aslong as were safe from relegation !

Depends on how much is spent over the summer and how our squad looks come the beginning of the season. Would like to see a top half finished though. Some entertainment would be nice as well. Even if McLeish had got us top half I would still not want him here because the football was horrible and negative.

Â