2012/13 - What would be an acceptable season ?

smetrov

no matter what the circumstances, bottom half of the table for Aston Villa should be labelled as a failure.

i still think we should be aiming for 8th as a club minimum.

If Everton can do it with zero money, we should be able to this with some money.

Firstly & obviously to be nicely clear of relegation by getting around the 50 points region. Glad to see the wage bill finally clearing & would like to see this finalised this summer as well as a clear & new 5 year plan & footballing ethos put in place. I would also like to see us making a start on bringing in some faces to fit the new ethos & moving on as many as possible who don't fit naming no names.

Also i would love to see everybody unite once again especially at Villa Park & this in itself will bring about better results at home. Lets get the atmosphere back (Oh & any news on that trial terracing thing) & not allow the like of Swansea to come here & call it a library completely unchallenged!

Of course we have to, & i'm sure will be, realistic & if it is "Are Ye Gonna Solskjaer" then i fully expect him to take a season of steep learning curve before the results properly start to show.. So anywhere above 12th to 14th would be progress at this point.

Clear out the deadwood/troublemakers

Have players on the field who WANT to wear the shirt

Get the ball down and play attractive attacking football with a solid back four as a foundation

Depends, if we have a massive clear out then just an average season away from relegation would suit me fine, as long as we try and win games.

If we get Lambert and he keeps the team very similar (as i suspect he would) then 12th-8thish...

After that circus of a season, I'd be content with 10th place, and decent Cup runs.

It's the following year that I'd hope we'd have a shot at cracking the top 4.

I would like to watch us trying to win games for a change,not defending a one goal lead and making VP a place where other teams do not want to come ( unlike last term I think teams looked forward to playing Villa, 3 points in the bag )

I dont expect VP to be a fortress, but I dont want us to be a take away either.So between 10- 14th on the table and a team that you are proud to support ( not ashamed like last term )

Premier League survival is essential again and a more progressive, attacking approach.

I would also like more clarity from the board about their investment plans for the club and their goals for the team.

Finally, I would want Villa Park to become a "fortress" - 2 points per match average from our home games would not only give us a sound base for survival, it would also make the home fans happier.

I'd like to see safety from relegation above all, some entertaining football, a couple of wins over bigger boys (Man U & 'Pool), a bit of fun in Cup comps, and some of our youngsters coming on nicely, like Gardner, Carruthers and Weimann.

Not sure anyone can answer the original question before we have a new manager and some idea of transfer budget, team strengthening

At the moment I would say merely surviving again

I think it is wrong to just say that we want entertaining and attacking football. All in all, winning two games in a row (did we do that this season? Doubt it..) is entertaining.

Of course we do not want a dreadful approach like McLeish uses, but that seldom gives points to anyone. However, if we win much more games we will be happy no matter what, even though it is not like Man Utd and Arsenal, or Tottenham for that matter.

I just want us to appeal to our fans, that they return to Villa Park and create an atmosphere. It's a game of dominos anyway... better play and more wins will create more buzz, more team spirit and guts, more of everything.

Â