No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

In all honesty it seems like a polite thanks, but no for Ole Gunnar. Suggesting a prelim 'chat' out of respect. Why would RL fly him and wife (supposedly) over in his jet, meet him then fly back to the U.S.A for a chat? :(

At a time when Randy is looking for a new manager and has supposedly set aside two weeks in the country in which to find said manager, he jets off home a day after arriving. I think it's more likely that it went along the lines of "will you do it?", "yes I will, just let me sort some stuff in Norway", "good stuff, I'm off back to the land of the free" otherwise why would Randolph leave?

Or he's off to interview Klinsmann over in the US .. trees where was the plane due to land in the US ? ..if it's florida then Jürgen is our man

:-)

Although Klinnsmann lives in California.....

indeed , however he is in Florida with the US national team on a training camp at present 8)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I recon the deal was done and Randy is heading home having got his man.

Molde have 3 games to get through before their mid season break, that would be the best time for all parties for him to make the switch formally.

To get back today OGS would need to get the 1730 SAS flight from Heathrow to Oslo, to connect with the last flight to Kristiansund.

Just for a second I thought that he was going to fly back with the Special Air Service :oops:

I don't wear that he has gone back.

He arrived late morning.

Mr Lerner left at 1530hrs

There has been no private jet movement back to Kristiansund.

To get back today OGS would need to get the 1730 SAS flight from Heathrow to Oslo, to connect with the last flight to Kristiansund. To make this flight he would need to leave Birmingham latest 1430, having been here less than 3 hours, and then he might not make it.

In short, he wouldn't put himself through that.

Whatever else, OGS is still here, and will not return to Norway until tomorrow at the earliest.

As BOF stated, this is being played down...

Here is the article pal

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffotball.rbnett.no%2Fengland%2Farticle237140.ece&act=url

At a time when Randy is looking for a new manager and has supposedly set aside two weeks in the country in which to find said manager, he jets off home a day after arriving. I think it's more likely that it went along the lines of "will you do it?", "yes I will, just let me sort some stuff in Norway", "good stuff, I'm off back to the land of the free" otherwise why would Randolph leave?

^This seems likely too! The Gent is easily swayed.

Time coupled with patience will tell! We can conclude that it surely wasn't a 'chat' but either 'Yes I will Randy, but keep it on the down low brother, I shizzle to dizzle" or "Thanks but no Randy, I heart Norway too much, I will say we just had a little chat to save your embarrassment"

Surely a simple no thank you then would have sufficed, rather than spend $20k and travel X,000miles just to say No face to face.

He arrived late morning.

To get back today OGS would need to get the 1730 SAS flight from Heathrow to Oslo, to connect with the last flight to Kristiansund. To make this flight he would need to leave Birmingham latest 1430, having been here less than 3 hours, and then he might not make it.

Whatever else, OGS is still here, and will not return to Norway until tomorrow at the earliest.

Any such movement to other airfields? Ålesund, Molde, Oslo? He does not have to go en route to Kristiansund.

One other point, on the inconvenience front.

Aside from the cost of sending his jet to collect OGS, Mr Lerner has a personal inconvenience today.

Because his crew used up hours this morning, they do not have enough hours to fly direct to Cleveland, something that his aircraft can easily do, so they have to stop on the eastern seaboard for a crew change, which is a personal inconvenience to the owner and a further cost of getting the new crew in place.

I know that Mr Lerner is a very polite and respectful person, but I am not sure that he would feel the need to inconvenience himself like that for a 'preliminary chat' with one of a number of candidates.

Have a great weekend all.

We all know Mat Kendrick gets all the big stories first, well I reckon his tweet about OGS being the perfect fit for Aston Villa yesterday (which I believe was before the rife speculation started) was tweeted after being asked by the club to gauge fans opinions as they don't want the same as last year. Once they realised the fans didn't have a problem they got flights and everything sorted to get him over here.

Mat hasn't said that about anyone else has he?

No big breaking news but yeah! Ayway I think it's a done deal too.

If lambert is presented as manager now, i will cry. Can just hear that scottish tone, and religous fist pumping and clapping on the touchline.

Please dont take my solskjaer away.

Don’t be. Lambert is a good manager and lets face it when we choose between McClaren and McLeish, this one has the feeling of win win?

One other point, on the inconvenience front.

Aside from the cost of sending his jet to collect OGS, Mr Lerner has a personal inconvenience today.

Because his crew used up hours this morning, they do not have enough hours to fly direct to Cleveland, something that his aircraft can easily do, so they have to stop on the eastern seaboard for a crew change, which is a personal inconvenience to the owner and a further cost of getting the new crew in place.

I know that Mr Lerner is a very polite and respectful person, but I am not sure that he would feel the need to inconvenience himself like that for a 'preliminary chat' with one of a number of candidates.

Have a great weekend all.

This is all that needs to be said until official word comes out next week.

Enjoy the CL final y'all!

He arrived late morning.

Here is the article pal

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffotball.rbnett.no%2Fengland%2Farticle237140.ece&act=url

Sure, but there is no way, as the article states, that he was back in Norway Friday afternoon-it is a physical impossibility when you consider the time that he arrived in Birmingham.

The rest may be true, but that isn't.

We all know Mat Kendrick gets all the big stories first, well I reckon his tweet about OGS being the perfect fit for Aston Villa yesterday (which I believe was before the rife speculation started)

Ahem

I think that you will find that VT has the march on starting rife speculation in such matters.

Matt Kendrick (with respect) just follows

:winkold:

MM get your arse over here now! COME ON!!!!!! :rant:

My apologies, but after being initially unsure about this I am now firmly in the OGS in camp and I would be devastated if this all fell through. :(

imo its a done deal, i think hes just playing it down so he can sort his stuff out in norway. It would be a bit harsh of him to go out in the newspaper and say he has accepted the possition before talking to his own team/staff.

especially on the day when their main money man left them.

same guys who owned wimbledon a couple of years back.

i do feel a bit for the molde supporters hehe...

so hopefully its just scandinavian decency!