No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of?

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

This is pretty much what I thought when I first heard the rumour.

Then I actually WATCHED the video...Then I read this thread with posts written by Norwegians and other followers of OGS's career, which were universally complimentary of him...Then I had a look at what people were saying in Norway about him...Then I read what OGS himself said about Aston Villa...And by then I'd changed my mind completely.

This is NOT "Some muppet" we're talking about here. This is a man who inspires almost unanimous admiration wherever he goes and whatever he does in football, a man referred to by some in Norway as a "national treasure".

If Aston Villa is ever going to inspire anybody ever again, we need to be taking a chance on somebody before the CL clubs come calling. The person to take a chance on is somebody with impeccable football pedigree, likeable personality, winning record, knowledge of the transfer market, and perhaps most importantly, ability to read a game of football from the touchline. OGS is exactly this man, imo.

This, big time! If ever there was something that needed publishing on the back of the Evening Mail, it is this (the CrackpotForeigner response that is!)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSG? FFS, do me a favour, please wake up & smell the coffee! How can the majority of fans on here be so taken in by a 45 minute youtube video that comical Ali would have been proud of?

I will be absolutely devestated if we appoint OSG. If this guy is really the dogs let him prove it first at somewhere like Wigan or West Brom and then, only then, should we show a firm interest. This is definitely not the time to be taking a risk on our great clubs future. We got it so wrong on the last 2 occasions it's unreal. Please PLEASE not this time again! And you wonder why we keep having to fork out millions in compensation for such crap, money that could & would have been better off invested in the team.

Then I actually WATCHED the video...Then I read this thread with posts written by Norwegians and other followers of OGS's career, which were universally complimentary of him...Then I had a look at what people were saying in Norway about him...Then I read what OGS himself said about Aston Villa...And by then I'd changed my mind completely.

This is NOT "Some muppet" we're talking about here. This is a man who inspires almost unanimous admiration wherever he goes and whatever he does in football, a man referred to by some in Norway as a "national treasure".

If Aston Villa is ever going to inspire anybody ever again, we need to be taking a chance on somebody before the CL clubs come calling. The person to take a chance on is somebody with impeccable football pedigree, likeable personality, winning record, knowledge of the transfer market, and perhaps most importantly, ability to read a game of football from the touchline. OGS is exactly this man, imo.

This, big time! If ever there was something that needed publishing on the back of the Evening Mail, it is this (the CrackpotForeigner response that is!)

Yes - that should be sent to the Mail and Randy and Faulkner - Spot on in every word!

Talked to Simon Grayson, yes sure talk to Villa while his side will be playing at Wembley. Plus I know a Leeds fan very well who says hes shit!

I know Villa fans who say every manager on this planet are shit.

Cracker where have you been all our lives?! Disappeared for ages!! You posted some good stuff!

I got the Twitter bug, found out I can talk shit on there too but, faster.

I hope the depressing times are behind us now, hated reading this site at times in the last 2 seasons....Also had a lot of good times on here, don't remember them as much as the bad times though :(

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But I cannot believe we still have some supporters that want a 'safe' option to keep us ticking over.

**** THAT

We've had nothing but (on the whole) for the last 30 odd years

I'd rather gamble on potential greatness than surrender to predictability these days. I've no problem going out on a limb and trying something new and fresh. Because the opposite ways have not got us anywhere.

There are only 2 ways a club like Villa will ever trouble the top of the table ever again

1. A new owner with a bottomless pit of cash

2. A manager that can mould a side and style of play over a period of time and make the 'team' more important than its individual parts

And option 1 is never going to happen.

Is anything actually happening?

You've got to assume they're talking to people this week. So nothing happening in public.

I'd rather gamble on potential greatness than surrender to predictability

I like that line. Wholeheartedly agree with it too. We need some excitement around the club again and I think installing OGS as manager would be a great way to start.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But I cannot believe we still have some supporters that want a 'safe' option to keep us ticking over.

**** THAT

We've had nothing but (on the whole) for the last 30 odd years

I'd rather gamble on potential greatness than surrender to predictability these days. I've no problem going out on a limb and trying something new and fresh. Because the opposite ways have not got us anywhere.

There are only 2 ways a club like Villa will ever trouble the top of the table ever again

1. A new owner with a bottomless pit of cash

2. A manager that can mould a side and style of play over a period of time and make the 'team' more important than its individual parts

And option 1 is never going to happen.

Option 2 is pretty much a description of Paul Lambert.

This

I like the sound of this OGS bloke, but who is OGS?

OSG = Ordinary Simon Grayson??

I think you did something wrong there.

LOL

I buggered up my parody of people getting the initials wrong :lol:

I notice the same ones who didn't want GH are the ones who are against OGS, hoping OGS gets a chance people aren't trying to force opinions from the start.

Thats just not true.

I wanted Houllier because of the type of football he was going to bring. I am not sure about OGS because he has only been a manager ten minutes.

KMac did wonders with our reserves too, doesnt mean we fall over ourselves to appoint him!

OGS might be a good manager, but Martinez and Lambert have a more established pedigree.

Father Abraham knows the score. He can feel free to give us a wave as well.

Also, what about sellyoak? I know he hasn't posted on here in ages but he's definitely ITK.

He just gets told what they want to tell him just like the other official gossips

They clearly don't want any official gossiping on this issue right now