No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I hope that gives some sort of insight and I hope I am welcome here.

of course you are , hope the traffic eases up on the M25 for you now :-)

Haha, nice. I revel in the banter.

Nahh, i am a proper fan. But just here to get a different perspective on things!

Really hope Solskjaer joins you guys!

What're your thoughts on Ashley Young then? Sorry if OT but theres not much news atm unfortunatly

Have always liked him as a player, but needs to cut out the diving.

Villa, if the Solskjaer deal does fall through, what other options are there really? Don't think or want that to happen, mind. Although I guess you will probably say having no manager is better than having McLeash (sp?).

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OGS wouldn't come over for the interview, simultaneously upsetting his home town fans if there wasn't a very very good chance of him joining us. Patience is what's needed here.

Hey Villa fans. I am a Manchester United fan. I will give you a little time to digest that...

... Okay, i know I may not be welcome on all corners, but I am very much here in peace. I am actually a match going Red and not a plastic fan who follows for success (although you might insert a joke about our lack of that this season). I feel I can contribute a different and neutral perspective on things. I have no intention of being an annoyance.

Now to business, I have followed Solskjaer's managerial career closely. Trust me, he is very impressive. Whether he will be a success or not at Villa Park, I can't guarantee, but I can tell you a few things to expect.

1 - Entertaining football. Solskjaer is not a man who would even bother with management unless he could dazzle. He plays some beautiful football and I think you can expect to be entertained at Villa Park this season. I know I will be keeping an eye out.

2 - The best out of your players. As our reserve team manager, every single player said roughly the same thing. Ole will treat his players with the utmost respect and be very approachable. Various of our players have said Ole has taken them aside before or after a match to offer some words of encouragement. He really goes out of his way to keep everybody happy.

3 - One quote I will always remember Ole for - as a player - is this. "The assistant told me to just go on for the last 10 minutes and keep it simple" Solskjaer went on in the last 10 minutes to score 4 goals. That is the winners mentality. Ole has always had it.

As for the slight concern that he may one day take over Fergie... I wouldn't worry too much about that. Solskjaer will not have an eye on that. His sole focus will be on Villa. He will take over Villa for Villa, not for United. So long as he is happy there, he will stay there. He rejected the chance to manage Norway in favor of staying as our reserve coach. He stayed because he was happy. When Molde came along, he only left at Fergie's advice. Otherwise he would have stayed. I think he has great loyalty. Sure, he would probably accept if the chance ever comes along to manage us, but that in itself is debatable (even though he is the fans choice). I assure you he would not leave Villa for any other PL team other than United.

Very welcome.

Although this wil now make my weekend even more unbearable as I really really want us to get OGS as manager.

of course you are , hope the traffic eases up on the M25 for you now :-)

Pretty rich coming from a soft southern plastic Brummie like you, Tone! :lol:

Shhhh he didn't need to know that :-)

anyone that has noticed the picture with OGS, the plane and silver merc, that if u see the plane stairs you see a mans lowerbody but someone has edited out the upperbody. very strange. theres nothing hindering the view of his upperbody so it must be photoshopped out. wonder why :?:

Solskjaer defied Røkke

"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has not hidden the fact that one day he could think of returning to England. Nevertheless, Aker is surprising that he dropped Friday's workout, and headed to England in public for informal talks with Aston Villa before the three major league games in a week, "writes Aker in the press release.

http://tinyurl.com/6wwet6v

Damn that picture of Røkke makes him look like a hitman. Watch your back Randy!

Villa have put up a statement on the OS.

Reading between the lines.....I think the only hold up now is compensation with Molde and their backers. Probably playing hardball with Randy.

Apparently the owner of Molde FK is really buthurt about OGS talking with Villa. Read something about him withdrawing economical support to the club etc. So I do imagine they are going to be though on the negotiations.

Come to think of it, this puts insane pressure on OGS. I would actually not be surprised if he now backs down saying that he just wanted to be polite and that he never intended to sign for us etc etc. That statement from Aker is crazy and OGS will be blamed for Molde running into financial problems. Shit. My track record of being right has lately not been good...but this makes it very very hard for OGS.

anyone that has noticed the picture with OGS, the plane and silver merc, that if u see the plane stairs you see a mans lowerbody but someone has edited out the upperbody. very strange. theres nothing hindering the view of his upperbody so it must be photoshopped out. wonder why :?:
It's Defoe :!:

Shhhh he didn't need to know that :-)

Ahh there's nothing wrong with that anyway. Plenty of fans come from down South and it doesn't make me think of them as any less of fans.

Which players do you see Solskjaer being interested in? He has taken Magnus Wolff Eikrem everywhere with him. (well just our reserves and molde, but still) Very good young player.

Can you advise which page of the thread the pic is on ?