No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to give the guy a chance, seems as though he has bright ideas and has the potential to be brilliant. He likes to get his teams playing football rather than anti-football which is great, hopefully can ring a few Scandinavian gems along with him too. Hopefully this can be done and dusted soon so he has a full pre-season to reshape the squad and get them playing his way.

med solskjærs spissferdigheter kommer heskey til å bli så god som ny

Can anyone translate that comment? :lol:

Mr Google said:

with Solskjaer striker Heskey skills come to be as good as new

Dagbladet.no norwegian newspaper have been told that the plane had another landing in norway before landing at Kristiansund airport, dont know why they made an extra landing though.

Possibly landed at a larger airport first for customs clearance etc.

med solskjærs spissferdigheter kommer heskey til å bli så god som ny

Can anyone translate that comment? :lol:

It is a norwegian wordplay, difficult to translate.

But its like: With OSGs special skills (finishing qualitys) even Heskey will be as good as new.

I dont think its possible to translaye it directly :)

Taken of twitter (so not the most reliable source!):

A journalist at one of Norway's largest radio stations just tweeted: "Sources say Solskjær has signed for Villa. More in a bit."

Haha:

With Solskjærs striking abilities Heskey will be as good as new.

(a double pun, but somewhat lost in the translation)

I'm sure he can do a great job but that would be expecting too much :D

It seems a bit unusual for our typically shy owner to park his private jet somewhere that was going to cause such obvious speculation.

Park it somewhere that will cause speculation? YOu mean the airport in the city he sent the jet?

If he's sending his jet to pick OGS up, what's he meant to do? Camouflage it? Buy a stealth bomber? Buy a few more jets and send them to other cities as decoys?

It seems a bit unusual for our typically shy owner to park his private jet somewhere that was going to cause such obvious speculation.

Park it somewhere that will cause speculation? YOu mean the airport in the city he sent the jet?

If he's sending his jet to pick OGS up, what's he meant to do? Camouflage it? Buy a stealth bomber? Buy a few more jets and send them to other cities as decoys?

He sent it to Corsica to pick up Houllier, posted by The Trees on VT at the time too, the media have just learned a bit since then.

You do know that stealth bombers are invisible to radar, not the naked eye right? :P

My view on OGS, I'm quietly optimistic.

Still wouldn't be my first choice, but relatively exciting.

I realiseit's very risky, he's unproven at any sort of high level. But his achievement with Molde is impressive.

I much rather we appointed someone like this who could turn out to be a real talent, than some same old same old manager who would keep us standing still.

Overall, happy. NOt ecstatic, but happy.

Today is Norways national day, is a holiday wich is celebrated all over our country, people are having a beer or two and are propably drunk and busy :)

My opinion is that my initial response were that its too early, but as the evening has passed im more optimistic that OSG might be a find, young, ambitious, attack minded but not gung ho, smart and has always been a model professional on and off the pitch and he knows the English game.

I think the possibility of again making our team entertaining to watch again far outweighs the risk of the apointment. After all its about entertaining us/the fans.

I'm just glad we didn't go for some boring old duffer. My expectations were low after the horrors of last summer.

Solskjær could be the man to change how football is played at B6.