The last page on Alex McLeish

NurembergVillan

As fans we didn't help him , I remember 2 mins into a game at villa park and one of our defenders gave the ball away , fan behind me screamed what are you doing Alex mcleish ! Remember half time wolves away , our lot singing vicious songs against big eck when we was losing , we ended up winning that game , he wasn't right for villa but we didn't help at all
Ridiculous. The fans gave him a lot of time and actually I'd say were rather too patient with him.

Not where I sat they didn't , speak for yourself not me

So you're basing an entire fanbase on a couple of people?

So your speaking for the entire fan base now ? All I was saying he wasn't given much chance at all from my experience , I dreaded going to matches knowing it was going to be negative from the start , is that giving a person a chance ?

Well you were speaking for the entire fanbase when you said "we didn't help him at all".

In the beginning it wasn't negative. People were mainly apathetic. It was only once he proved to us that he hadn't changed and that he was still a shit negative manager that he started to get a bit of abuse, but even then it wasn't much.

As fans we didn't help him , I remember 2 mins into a game at villa park and one of our defenders gave the ball away , fan behind me screamed what are you doing Alex mcleish ! Remember half time wolves away , our lot singing vicious songs against big eck when we was losing , we ended up winning that game , he wasn't right for villa but we didn't help at all
Ridiculous. The fans gave him a lot of time and actually I'd say were rather too patient with him.

Not where I sat they didn't , speak for yourself not me

So you're basing an entire fanbase on a couple of people?

So your speaking for the entire fan base now ? All I was saying he wasn't given much chance at all from my experience , I dreaded going to matches knowing it was going to be negative from the start , is that giving a person a chance ?

Well you were speaking for the entire fanbase when you said "we didn't help him at all".

Anyway let's agree not to agree ! Them villa park protests didnt help did they ! I'm so behind the new manager and most people are so I'm happy !!

In the beginning it wasn't negative. People were mainly apathetic. It was only once he proved to us that he hadn't changed and that he was still a shit negative manager that he started to get a bit of abuse, but even then it wasn't much.

No point in going over the same shit that is Mcleish.

He was never right for us, I hated every second that the ginger clearing in the woods was at Villa so much so that even after 40+ years of following Villa I almost gave up.

Somehow we need to remove this tosser from our history.

looking forward to the DVD of season which the only highlights are the Chelsea game, a collection of Shay Given saves and the fight with the players and bouncers

Actually dont think the club will even bother making a DVD

looking forward to the DVD of season which the only highlights are the Chelsea game, a collection of Shay Given saves and the fight with the players and bouncers

Don't worry Zatman, the season review DVD is yours for a mere £15.99 from the online store.

You know you want it!

Aston Villa Season Review 2011/12

Aston Villa 2011/12 Season Review Sleeve Notes

In what was an eventful campaign for Villa, the 2011/12 season had its ups and downs. It was a turbulent season - full of emotion; from the despair of injuries to key players to the joy of big victories such as the triumph away at Chelsea and wondrous goals such as the memorable 20 yard curling strike by Andreas Weimann.

It was also a season for reflection as fans rallied to show their support for Stiliyan Petrov who was forced to end the campaign early due to serious illness. Showing the spirit that so endeared him to the fans, the Villa captain still turned out to show his support for the club despite the shock news. And as the fans rose to their feet in appreciation of the midfielder, it was perhaps a turning point that saw Villa go on to lose just one game from the next seven, securing some vital results to avoid any serious threat to the club’s Premier League status.

The Villa team united and showed the spirit that has kept the club in the top-flight since its formation 20 years ago. The performances of Stephen Ireland and Shay Given stood out in an eventful season which, despite the final league position, was anything but boring.

Available from next Monday!

In what was an eventful campaign for Villa, the 2011/12 season had its ups and downs. It was a turbulent season - full of emotion; from the despair of injuries to key players to the joy of big victories such as the triumph away at Chelsea and wondrous goals such as the memorable 20 yard curling strike by Andreas Weimann.

They make it seem like there were actually more "ups and downs" in the season :lol:.

Don't worry Zatman, the season review DVD is yours for a mere £15.99 from the online store.

You know you want it!

Aston Villa Season Review 2011/12

Aston Villa 2011/12 Season Review Sleeve Notes

It was also a season for reflection as fans rallied to show their support for Stiliyan Petrov who was forced to end the campaign early due to serious illness. Showing the spirit that so endeared him to the fans, the Villa captain still turned out to show his support for the club despite the shock news. And as the fans rose to their feet in appreciation of the midfielder, it was perhaps a turning point that saw Villa go on to lose just one game from the next seven, securing some vital results to avoid any serious threat to the club’s Premier League status.

The Villa team united and showed the spirit that has kept the club in the top-flight since its formation 20 years ago. The performances of Stephen Ireland and Shay Given stood out in an eventful season which, despite the final league position, was anything but boring.

Available from next Monday!

Cringe worthy. I actually find it disrespectful that they're releasing a season review DVD.

The performances of Stephen Ireland and Shay Given stood out in an eventful season which, despite the final league position, was anything but boring.

oh dear.

The performances of Stephen Ireland and Shay Given stood out in an eventful season which, despite the final league position, was anything but boring.

oh dear.

Wow. Managed to miss that somehow. Seriously? Anything but boring? **** right off. I know it's their job to put a positive slant on these things but **** hell. Is Alex McLeish writing these? Did they rehire him as propaganda chief? With delusion levels like that they're going to have every third world dictatorship on the planet lining up to sign McLeish as their spokesman.

oh dear.

Wow. Managed to miss that somehow. Seriously? Anything but boring? **** right off. I know it's their job to put a positive slant on these things but **** hell. Is Alex McLeish writing these? Did they rehire him as propaganda chief? With delusion levels like that they're going to have every third world dictatorship on the planet lining up to sign McLeish as their spokesman.

Well it like they say, it was anything but boring. A few words that come to mind are:

Terrible, awful, disappointing, disgusting, crap, uninspiring, horrible, shocking, miserable, embarrassing...

I could go on.

A very depressing thread which we can now laugh at now the nightmare is over. I hated every aspect of last season, going to VP was about as enticing as root canal work at the dentist. The 'sound bites' are frightening to replay even now. The good news is the PL appointment is positively inspired and I now cannot wait until next season.

I have a great deal of sympathy for AMcL as a man but as a manager he was very poor and was completely out of his depth as our manager. Just a personal opinion but the abuse and vitriolic attacks on him personally were well out of order and reflect poorly on us as fans. As I said that's just my view and I'm not sure that it will sit well with some fans.

Can we please get a priest in to exorcise this forum of his name, be gone demon be gone.

Says the only user on the forum who still has "McLeish Out!" as his avatar :lol:

Â