The last page on Alex McLeish

NurembergVillan

(censor test) 'he who shall not be named' (/censor)

Edit: :shock: Never expected the mods to do that :)

its stupidity running riot

Ps can we mention O'Leary, Billy McNeill, Graham Turner, Joe Venglos

(censor test) 'he who shall not be named' (/censor)

Edit: :shock: Never expected the mods to do that :)

its stupidity running riot

Ps can we mention O'Leary, Billy McNeill, Graham Turner, Joe Venglos

Teeheeheehee :)

Best of Luck Alex, for at least being a decent guy.

PS Despite his standing being reduced he has never slagged off AVFC

pps I did not write he who shall not be named...i think that is immature.it defaulted to that, which does not please me.

How was he a decent guy!? FFS why do people keep on saying this?

He may not have slagged the club off directly (although he did have a few digs at the fans) but he indirectly did it multiple times with his approach to the game. The infamous Arsenal post-match comments being just one example. He treated us like a **** tin-pot club that should be happy just be be in this league and survive.

'he who shall not be named' was far from decent. I really don't know where this myth comes from. The media?

I'm just wondering if we had brought Lambert in instead of Mc :puke:h would we still have flirted with relegation last season?

In my opinion we would have, given the same circumstances of financial restraints and injuries.

No way. Lambert's teams always have a go and attack teams. As a result we would've lost more but also won a lot more. Under Lambert we would've finished comfortably mid-table like his Nrowich team did.

Why do you say its the media are they the only source of info.....some people have direct contact with him and may comment on him being a decent guy.

Don't get confused between a man doing a job and his personal side.He did not appoint himself, hence my comment about many poor decisions from manay people at VP...It seems Alex has copt for the lot.... just looking for a bit of old fashioned "fair play"

many on here sound like a punch on the chin is not enough the boot has to go in when your down.

Well the media are the ones that peddle this "he's a nice genuine decent bloke" bullshit.

I can't comment on what he's like in person but as a manager he's a prick. He proved that as Villa manager. Always looking to blame others for his own failures and always eager to put the club down.

But McLeish IS a nice guy. Or at least he was, about the first month he was at Villa.

Then reality caught up with him, he was found out to be way out of his depth and he started shifting blame east and west in subtle and less subtle ways, instead of taking charge and showing the world that he was in charge.

That is not nice.

Most of us are nice persons, at least when there's no pressure to us. It is really not that much of a compliment. In fact, I couldn't give a damn if he is "nice" or not.

PS: Splendid word filter. :D

I'm hoping the mods on here might filter the name 'he who shall not be named' or Eck to he who shall not be named. I find it disgusting a manager like him is even associated with this club.

Doing something like that would be immature and disrespectful to a man that everyone would agree is very nice.

smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

Happy days.

Time to lock the thread,the guy is history-time to look forward
Some of us still have anger towards him that needs releasing. :)

pity you could't pour some of the vitriol on the man that spunked the best part of 100 mill up the wall....and someone else had to repair some of it by selling 57 mill of his better signings to redeem things.

We couldn't even string two wins together, jesus **** christ. I remember being down in Leeds on New Years Eve with my mates after the Chelsea scalp and saying to them, "you know, this could be the turning point, we can still push for a top-half finish playing like that!". Then the Swansea farce came and I pretty much gave up on the Villa for the remainder of the season.

Onwards and upwards! I echo Mantis's sig!

pity you could't pour some of the vitriol on the man that spunked the best part of 100 mill up the wall....and someone else had to repair some of it by selling 57 mill of his better signings to redeem things.

What? I'm always ranting about MON. :? I hate him almost as much as McLeish.

What? I'm always ranting about MON. :? I hate him almost as much as 'he who shall not be named'.

Apologies then, but I don't hate O'Neill just get pissed off when fans over value what he really did and fail to see what damage he did in the transfer market, also failing to see the disrespect he gave to the moscow fans at Villa Park.

What? I'm always ranting about MON. :? I hate him almost as much as 'he who shall not be named'.

Apologies then, but I don't hate O'Neill just get pissed off when fans over value what he really did and fail to see what damage he did in the transfer market, also failing to see the disrespect he gave to the moscow fans at Villa Park.

Oh no, I agree entirely. Some fans may gloss that over but I certainly don't. In fact I have a reputation on here as one of the more outspoken MON haters, so it seemed very bizarre for you to level that at me. :lol:

Â