The last page on Alex McLeish

NurembergVillan

Can we please get a priest in to exorcise this forum of his name, be gone demon be gone.

Says the only user on the forum who still has "McLeish Out!" as his avatar :lol:

Oops but scroll two messages up and i'll try and figure out hw I shake this off.

I think the 2011/12 season will be something we will try and block out of our memories, a bit like how many Germans seem to block World War II out of their memories. Opposition fans will come to Villa Park and say "don't mention the 2011/12 season". :lol:

I'm hoping the mods on here might filter the name McLeish or Eck to he who shall not be named. I find it disgusting a manager like him is even associated with this club.

In a sick way id love to have seen what the season ticket numbers and/or gate numbers would have been like if he had stayed.

Id also be strangely interested what players he could have added to the team, to further stiffle any remaining skill and creativeness.

Back to reality...simply, thank god he has gone!

In a sick way id love to have seen what the season ticket numbers and/or gate numbers would have been like if he had stayed.

Id also be strangely interested what players he could have added to the team, to further stiffle any remaining skill and creativeness.

You are one dark, twisted son of a gun

I dont know if you have ever thought to yourself 'i wonder what would happen if i veered on to opposite side of the motorway' :wink:

...well this is one of those moments :)

I dont know if you have ever thought to yourself 'i wonder what would happen if i veered on to opposite side of the motorway' :wink:

...well this is one of those moments :)

Ha ha brilliant and ironic really because both scenarios have car crash wrote all over them :)

Ahh its such a good feeling to actually look forward to next season. Im guessing top 8 we finish.

I fear expectation levels are currently going a little bit too high. With the squad we have plus an extra £20m - £30m invested in the team the best I will be hoping for is 12th.

Can we please get a priest in to exorcise this forum of his name, be gone demon be gone.

Says the only user on the forum who still has "McLeish Out!" as his avatar :lol:

I still have! I'm just waiting until they send him back to Scotland.

Ahh its such a good feeling to actually look forward to next season. Im guessing top 8 we finish.

I fear expectation levels are currently going a little bit too high. With the squad we have plus an extra £20m - £30m invested in the team the best I will be hoping for is 12th.

Yeah I guess if we expect to finish lower, then there is less pressure on the team. Still think we will finish ahead of swansea and Norwich now..

I'm just wondering if we had brought Lambert in instead of Mc :puke:h would we still have flirted with relegation last season?

In my opinion we would have, given the same circumstances of financial restraints and injuries.

I'm just wondering if we had brought Lambert in instead of Mc :puke:h would we still have flirted with relegation last season?

In my opinion we would have, given the same circumstances of financial restraints and injuries.

I think Houllier's season was dreadful, however he did a hell of a lot of the dirty work in trying to sort out a number of the internal issues.

Given that he managed us to finish in the top half (albeit a false position) I wouldn't of expected anyone to do any worse than that given the start Houllier had made on cleaning up.

To take over from that position and then monumentally cock it up in a way that I fail to see how it is possible to cock it up any more is simply dreadful management of the highest degree. I think this was a mid-table team, and next season I will be expecting the same.

Lambert would have done a job 100 times better than Mc :puke: last season and then we could be looking to push for Europe this coming season. However, McLeish has put us at least 1 year, if not 2 away from that now.

Thanks for less than nothing McLeish.

I'm hoping the mods on here might filter the name 'he who shall not be named' or Eck to he who shall not be named. I find it disgusting a manager like him is even associated with this club.

Doing something like that would be immature and disrespectful to a man that everyone would agree is very nice.

smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

I believe there have been a series of problems that all responsible parties at B6 have contributed too.

McLeish was never the right appointment...but he more or less copt everybody elses share.

He took on a very difficult situation and one many other managers would not have.The wage bill has been considerably cut and he had to work with that and the next manager will benefit. I was never convinced of his overall ability at Premier level.

Alex Mcleish did a job for us we are not happy with but some in villa park( management) may be pleased with some aspects of his tenure...i.e wage control.

He has moved on now, lets let him go with all our dignity left intact.

It was tough season for him and us, he may have left a bit of less work to do for Lambert, so lets be thankful for that.

Best of Luck Alex, for at least being a decent guy.

PS Despite his standing being reduced he has never slagged off AVFC

pps I did not write he who shall not be named...i think that is immature.it defaulted to that, which does not please me.

pps I did not write he who shall not be named...i think that is immature.it defaulted to that, which does not please me.

How was he a decent guy!? FFS why do people keep on saying this?

He may not have slagged the club off directly (although he did have a few digs at the fans) but he indirectly did it multiple times with his approach to the game. The infamous Arsenal post-match comments being just one example. He treated us like a **** tin-pot club that should be happy just be be in this league and survive.

McLeish was far from decent. I really don't know where this myth comes from. The media?

No way. Lambert's teams always have a go and attack teams. As a result we would've lost more but also won a lot more. Under Lambert we would've finished comfortably mid-table like his Nrowich team did.

How was he a decent guy!? FFS why do people keep on saying this?

He may not have slagged the club off directly (although he did have a few digs at the fans) but he indirectly did it multiple times with his approach to the game. The infamous Arsenal post-match comments being just one example. He treated us like a **** tin-pot club that should be happy just be be in this league and survive.

'he who shall not be named' was far from decent. I really don't know where this myth comes from. The media?

No way. Lambert's teams always have a go and attack teams. As a result we would've lost more but also won a lot more. Under Lambert we would've finished comfortably mid-table like his Nrowich team did.

Why do you say its the media are they the only source of info.....some people have direct contact with him and may comment on him being a decent guy.

Don't get confused between a man doing a job and his personal side.He did not appoint himself, hence my comment about many poor decisions from manay people at VP...It seems Alex has copt for the lot.... just looking for a bit of old fashioned "fair play"

many on here sound like a punch on the chin is not enough the boot has to go in when your down.

Â