Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I did say on the whole I thought he'd been a good servant to Villa, and he has.

Apologies, I wasnt specific. I disagreed with you saying hes been very useful over the seasons where he was poor. Useful at times, yes. But very useful is going too far.

Agree that hes been a good servant to Villa though! (On the whole)

He's a leader in the dressing room, the clubs number one charity ambassador (and by all accounts one that actually cares) and he's someone who came from a dodgy start to become a bit of a model pro from what I can gather. Not sure I buy any questions on his attitude.

Spot on. Gabby has never been any trouble.

He has been immense for us this last few months and is a major reason why we have dragged ourselves out of the very deep shit we found ourselves in. His performance today was excellent.

• Like 1

He's a leader in the dressing room, the clubs number one charity ambassador (and by all accounts one that actually cares) and he's someone who came from a dodgy start to become a bit of a model pro from what I can gather. Not sure I buy any questions on his attitude.

Spot on. Gabby has never been any trouble.

He has been immense for us this last few months and is a major reason why we have dragged ourselves out of the very deep shit we found ourselves in. His performance today was excellent.

absoluetly. Charlie Nicholas on sky today said gabby owes us as he has whined and complained about Mcleish, houllier and a few things in the last two years. God knows where he got that tripe from

The front three seems to really like Lambert so they want to play for him. Gabby is has looked like he has been enjoying his football this season which is great to see. Really loves the club.

CI you really do speak some utter rubbish. Sit down.

Gabby has played well the last few games but in terms of a goal scorer, 9 PL goals in a season isn't exactly flying high. He's had a bit of an easy pass from some fans because he's a local lad and he loves the club, but more often than not over the last eight seasons he has been inconsistent and never quite reached his potential.

He's been great the past few weeks but some people have short memories. I'm not saying I'd be happy to see him go, I always knew he had this kind of potential, he just hasn't always lived up to it and I think he gets more love than he deserves sometimes.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Have always loved the Gabster. How many times has he sent the sha in breds packin? I just love it when we have a true member of the Holte-End that turns out to be actually good enough to go & play his heart out for his boyhood club & the supporters.

Gabby is a true, true Villa legend & I;m so pleased he holds our Premiership goalscoring record. No one deserves it more.

Pity he was unavailable against Fulham recently because I'm certain he would have made the difference that day with his pace & power & eye for a goal.

I could never ever knock Gabby & like many posters confirm he does loads & loads of charity work too & really does care.not just on the field but off it too.

Ginko you really are talking garbage (again)

Gabby has been either injured or dicked about by bell end managers

Villa leg

So Gabby has been perfect and always put the effort in and made the right choices? Rubbish.

He's been playing on the wings all season. 9 goals is quite a decent return from that position in my opinion. He's also created a fair amount of chances.
Does solid defensive job, works hard and he usually does great job holding up the ball. And he usually score the important ones as well!

Don't think he did to well the two previous season though, and I think it's fair to say he's been somewhat revived under Lambert.

Both of his goals today came from him being in a central position. He drifts into the middle and creates more chances for himself that way, he needs to do that more often. We'll never know if that's something he does from his own prerogative, or whether prior to that managers had told him to keep wide and so it hindered his goal scoring, but either way, he is not bigger than the club. If other managers asked him to keep wide to provide width, then that's the job he needs to do, but he often would be invisible in a lot of games and not really contribute much.

I like Gabby, I really do, and he's played well for us on the whole, but some of the hero worship on here is embarrassing at times. He's not perfect and his effort and consistency has been questionable at times throughout the years, that's all I'm saying.

I'm over the moon that he's playing as well as he is for us at the moment.

Most posters on here can understand a different point of view to their own, even though they don't agree with it. Then you get certain individuals who are incredibly childish and don't have the capacity to open their minds to a different opinion. It's sad really.

Edited by Ginko

CI you really do speak some utter rubbish. Sit down.

Gabby has played well the last few games but in terms of a goal scorer, 9 PL goals in a season isn't exactly flying high. He's had a bit of an easy pass from some fans because he's a local lad and he loves the club, but more often than not over the last eight seasons he has been inconsistent and never quite reached his potential.

He's been great the past few weeks but some people have short memories. I'm not saying I'd be happy to see him go, I always knew he had this kind of potential, he just hasn't always lived up to it and I think he gets more love than he deserves sometimes.

Did Gabby ever have the potential to be better than he is? For a man whose game is almost entirely based around pace and work rate, I think he's been as good as he ever could be. His attitude has only dipped when everything around him has been going tits up as well. MON never rested him, which was disastrous, and then he had to play under managers who either didn't rate his style of player (Houllier) or didn't have a clue what they were doing (McLeish).

He's not the best player in the world, but he deserves the love.

As far as I can remember, Houllier did rate him. He made mention of being a big admirer of his speed when he watched the Premier League before he took on the job as manager. He also criticised Gabby for bulking up too much because it made him lose some of his pace, a factor Houllier valued.

He's definitely not the best player in the world, but he's shown how well he can play recently and could have put more effort in at certain times in his career. He deserves love from the Villa faithful, I agree, but some seem to think he can do no wrong and have short memories.

As far as I can remember, Houllier did rate him. He made mention of being a big admirer of his speed when he watched the Premier League before he took on the job as manager. He also criticised Gabby for bulking up too much because it made him lose some of his pace, a factor Houllier valued.

He's definitely not the best player in the world, but he's shown how well he can play recently and could have put more effort in at certain times in his career. He deserves love from the Villa faithful, I agree, but some seem to think he can do no wrong and have short memories.

I was there for that game against Wigan, opening match of... can't remember what season... when we got turned over by Rodallega. And in the warmup, my mate said to me "who's that?" and I wasn't sure, and then we realised it was the new Incredible Hulk version of Gaby. But that's the manager's fault. You can blame the player for getting fat, but it's up to the coaching staff to spot when the player is packing on too much muscle. MON was too old school, he dropped the ball massively. Someone should have had a word with Gaby. On the plus side, look how he fended Bassong off for our second goal today.

Â