Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Dion Dublin - he doesn't score many with his head.  Most of his 'big' goals which I can remember have been with his head!

I don't know if it's the most of his important goals, but definitely a fair few. From the top of my head against manure, sha, qpr, and then he's scored maybe less important goals but still headers against manure and citeh. And that's just from pure memory.

He's best when he doesn't have the pressure of being the main man.

I actually tend to disagree.

His (and our) best spell in recent memory came when he was playing upfront on his own.

He's best when he doesn't have the pressure of being the main man.

I actually tend to disagree.

His (and our) best spell in recent memory came when he was playing upfront on his own.

Sorry I didn't make my point clear.

I didn't mean positionally, more in the sense of having the pressure of being captain or the one expected to lead the team creatively.

When he had Ashley Young and Downing playing him in and now with Weimann and Benteke making things happen, I think it releases a pressure from him and lets him   concentrate on his game.

Now opponents aren't only worried about his pace they're worried about what Benteke and to an extent Weimann are going to do, deflecting some attention from Agbonlahor, which gives him more space and options to hold the ball up and lay it off to others in a similar way to how he could knock it to Downing, Milner and Young. And now he has others to rely on once again where I felt for a time he didn't have that.

I think N'Zogbia has benefited in a similar way from the inclusion of Weimann and Benteke too.

Oh, and he's up to 70 on here. Look who he might be overtaking next season - I think he's someone who'll be looked on very fondly in years to come.

this.

I wouldn't count on it, especially with alot of the newer, more forgetful fans. He's not appreciated by quite a few at all.

Who will he be taking over thats so impressive?

Anyone who scored over 70 goals for us?

It's over-taking, and it will be anyone who scored under 70 goals for us. Look at the list on the link provided to find out who's above and below him in the all time scoring charts. 

I have read the list - Thats what led me to ask the question.

Yorke

At his current rate it will take Gabby another 3 years to get to Yorke.

He can catch who he wants up for me, but 70 goals in 7/8 seasons is pretty poor.

I have read the list - Thats what led me to ask the question.

Yorke

At his current rate it will take Gabby another 3 years to get to Yorke.

He can catch who he wants up for me, but 70 goals in 7/8 seasons is pretty poor.

When he's spent 4 of those seasons on the wing it isn't "pretty poor". He's likely a league average player who also turns up on the big occasions and cost us absolutely nothing. He never turned his head either when the big boys sniffed around a few years back.

He's loyal, we've paid him handsomely for it. Lets all stick to that deal, IMO of course.

• Like 1

Â