Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Weimann only has 5 league goals, and he's been getting praise a plenty this season.

Considering they've both made 90% of their appearances on the wing, their records of around 1 goal in 4/5 games aren't THAT bad.

I think we need more goals from midfield, and defenders from set pieces.

Weimann only has 5 league goals, and he's been getting praise a plenty this season.

Considering they've both made 90% of their appearances on the wing, their records of around 1 goal in 4/5 games aren't THAT bad.

their is a big difference though. Its Weimann first full season and is on a quarter of Gabby salary

their is a big difference though. Its Weimann first full season and is on a quarter of Gabby salary

So Gabby should automatically outperform others in his position just because he's on an average PL players salary, and more than they might be?

Try telling that to Bent, who's being kept out by Benteke.

Ireland, who's got Westwood in his position ahead of him.

Given, who's got Guzan in his position ahead of him.

Hutton, who can't get near the first team set up due to Lowton.

he is on more than an average premier league players salary though, he is the senior player in the team and needs to stand up and be counted, in fairness he has done better than last season but he really isnt that good. 

If we sold him I cant see many takers

So Gabby should automatically outperform others in his position just because he's on an average PL players salary, and more than they might be?

Try telling that to Bent, who's being kept out by Benteke.

Ireland, who's got Westwood in his position ahead of him.

Given, who's got Guzan in his position ahead of him.

Hutton, who can't get near the first team set up due to Lowton.

Yep, you have pretty much hit the nail on the head - The experienced players on bigger salary's are an utter disgrace and have been for a while.

I just always feel more confident of us upfront when gabby plays. I'm not sure why, he offers us something for now. i do think come the summer we'll need to replace him with a better player, but I think he ought to be starting for us now ahead of any other contenders. 

The main reason Id be confident with him playing is he has always been a scorer of important goals for Villa like them derby goals, or West Ham goal under Houllier and the Reading goal last week

The main reason Id be confident with him playing is he has always been a scorer of important goals for Villa like them derby goals, or West Ham goal under Houllier and the Reading goal last week

Prophetic.

Prophetic.

I did get 4 horses up at Cheltenham as well yesterday. Might do the Lottery now ;)

wasnt effective at all playing centrally vs candlefaces men  :mellow:

He was pretty effective today though as a wide striker, he worked hard, got his goal and can be chuffed with himself.

I agree. Recently he has played better but once again he put a very good shift in, was a good outlet for us when he went wide and scored yet another very important goal.

I think Gabby is a man we need as things currently stand.

Although he can really frustrate me for over half the season, he is a player who does tend to turn up in these big games.

Maybe not so much individually, but I think he is important to the overall effectiveness of the unit with Benteke, Weimann and N'Zogbia.

His goal return from a wide left position or wherever he is isn't catastrophic as far as I'm concerned, and he's had a better portion of games this season (Man City away in cup, West Brom away, Norwich away in cup, Reading away, today) where he's been a real thorn in the side of the opposition.

Thinking ahead to next year assuming we can stay up, if we were somehow to keep hold of Benteke and let Bent go I certainly wouldn't be letting Gabby go as well. He is the best option we have to come in to that lone striker role supposing Benteke was injured/suspended. Gabby and the other 3 mentioned are a decent unit, we badly need another top quality winger though.

Â