Who would you have back?

PriceyDownunder

I am amazed people are unsure whether to have young back. Id have him back like a shot. people seem to have short memories.

Id also have downing back too.

Barry yes, Milner yes,Luke Young yes,Reo Coker yes,Gary Cahill yes,Liam Ridgewell yes,Brad Friedal yes.

I wouldn't have Young back on principle. Same goes for Downing.

What did Ashley Young do wrong exactly????

How about diving against us to win a penalty? Yeah I know players do it all the time but to do it against your old club is lacking class a little bit. It's not even like they wouldn't have destroyed us anyway.

He milked it I agree, however it was a crap challenge and it was a penalty. Nobody seemed to be bothered too much when he played in claret and blue and threw himself all over the place either.

It was most definitely not a penalty.

I think it bothered some, myself included. I guess I didn't complain as much because he was playing for us but it still got very annoying.

We have been shit since Milner left. I'd have him back any day. Same goes for Young. The Downing situation pissed me off but I'd still probably have him back. Kyle Walker would be a certainty too, so would Barry and Cahill. I'd also say Martin Laursen but if he didn't have to retire he'd more than likely still be here anyway.

I can't see the issue over Young, people are just jumping on the national press bandwagon. He won us plenty of free-kicks and penalties and I never heard anyone complain then, plus he left Villa on fairly good terms (unlike Downing). He also has been back to watch us, unlike Downing and many others.

If we had the follwing(based on who is still playing and fit enough to play at a high standard), I'd be extremely happy:

Friedel

Mellberg

Walker

Cahill

Barry

Milner

Young

Reo-Coker

I am amazed people are unsure whether to have young back. Id have him back like a shot. people seem to have short memories.

Id also have downing back too.

Barry yes, Milner yes,Luke Young yes,Reo Coker yes,Gary Cahill yes,Liam Ridgewell yes,Brad Friedal yes.

I wouldn't have Young back on principle. Same goes for Downing.

What did Ashley Young do wrong exactly????

Last 18 months for us he was pretty shit and disinterested, spending most of his time diving about a lot. (I appreciate that he has carried that part of his game on)

He has been nowhere near the miss that has been Barry, Milner, or even Downing.

Oh, and I would like Gareth Barry back, as our next but one manager.

Realistically Barry - he will be well down the order at Cittee next season and his experience would help our 'youngsters' (or should I say less experienced players)

Not sure he will really, he starts virtually every game for Mancini - obviously likes him.

But yeah, like a shot - Barry, Milner, Young, Cahill....

------------------Bent--------------------

-----------------Ireland------------------

--Downing---Barry--Milner----Young--

--Lichaj-----Dunne---Cahill---Walker--

------------------Freidel------------------

Bench: Weimann, Agbonlahor, N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Petrov, Cuellar, Given

------------------Bent--------------------

-----------------Ireland------------------

--Downing---Barry--Milner----Young--

--Lichaj-----Dunne---Cahill---Walker--

------------------Freidel------------------

Bench: Weimann, Agbonlahor, N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Petrov, Cuellar, Given

:(

Depends what you mean by 'back' - if you mean ever, then it is effectively a who's your favourite player in each position ever.

But, more interestingly, if it's who would be available now and would theoretically be able to play tomorrow then it's more of a challenge;

GIVEN

L YOUNG CAHILL DUNNE WARNOCK

A YOUNG MILNER BARRY DOWNING

IRELAND

BENT

SUBS: FRIEDEL, CUELLAR, GABBY, KEANE and (ROTATING YOUNGSTER!)

It is striking how weak (relatively) our defence is and what big losses the ageing Laursen and Mellberg were. But what a fantastic midfield and strike force...

Â