Who would you have back?

PriceyDownunder

Realistically Barry - he will be well down the order at Cittee next season and his experience would help our 'youngsters' (or should I say less experienced players)

Based on??

He plays more outfield games than almost anyone at City. He bossed the game at VP back in Feb. He'll go on to play another 70+ games for City over the next 2 seasons, the guy is top drawer.

I'd have back (in order):

Cahill

Barry

Milner

Gardner

Luke Young (We'd have been far more solid down the right side if he had been made to stay).

Wouldn't take Ash back, he never seemed to perform towards the end and Downing is a turncoat who can rot at Liverpool for all I care.

I'm sure if we had this lot back we could make an impression!

-------------------Rimmer---------------------

Delaney---McGrath----Laursen----Staunton

Morley-----Cowans-----Mortimer-----Shaw

--------------Withe---Yorke-----------------

Never understood the love for Delaney.

He seems to suffer from 'awww he had to retire through injury' syndrome and joins Bouma, Laursen etc in being massively overated.

Not saying he wasnt a half decent player, and was certainly a decent buy but a halfdecent player is where it stops imo.

I think this thread has some how morphed into anyone who has ever played for Villa and dream teams rather than players who are still playing.

Put bluntly I did not forsee that exhumation would be required to bring some suggestions back to Villa Park.

I'm sure if we had this lot back we could make an impression!

-------------------Rimmer---------------------

Delaney---McGrath----Laursen----Staunton

Morley-----Cowans-----Mortimer-----Shaw

--------------Withe---Yorke-----------------

Never understood the love for Delaney.

He seems to suffer from 'awww he had to retire through injury' syndrome and joins Bouma, Laursen etc in being massively overated.

Not saying he wasnt a half decent player, and was certainly a decent buy but a halfdecent player is where it stops imo.

You think Laursen was overrated?

if I had a Delorean I would hit the required 88mph and go back intime to get the following:

Paul McGrath for Centrehalf

Ian Taylor to hold the midfield

Paul Merson to Create

Deano up top to slot themi in !

Bouma and Laursen in this team we would be top half, add Barry, Young and Milner I really think top 4 would be realistic.

Friedel

Mellberg,Laursen,Dunne,Bouma

Petrov,Barry,Milner

Young,Bent,Downing

Is the best Lerner era team IMO

from ex-players who are still plying their trade i'd certainly take

Barry

Milner

Walker (but he was never really 'ours')

At a push, Young but he lost a lot of respect for the cheating in the recent ManUre game and I hope he wins jack-all with them this season (or ever!!!)

Certainly not Downing.

Â