Who would you have back?

PriceyDownunder

I think this thread has some how morphed into anyone who has ever played for Villa and dream teams rather than players who are still playing.

Put bluntly I did not forsee that exhumation would be required to bring some suggestions back to Villa Park.

I did suggest players who had played for us in the last five years, but, hey...

Could we create a decent team out of currently playing ex-players?

-------------------------------------------Freidel--------------------------------------------------

Walker---------------------Cahill----------------------Mellberg---------------------------L.Young

Young---------------------Barry-----------------------Milner----------------------------Downing

-------------------------------Crouch----------------Maloney-----------------------------------

Subs: Sorensen, Hughes, Knight, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Routledge, Carlton Cole?

Meh. Bench is weak. But I think that team beats our current mess.

JPA was only ever good for about 1 season out of the 5 he was here !! the other times he was well below average........... i personally think he benefitted from the "nice guy" mentality....... similar to Cuellar does at present........

id much rather have Dalian Atkinson or Savo Milosevic over JPA

-------------------------------------------Freidel--------------------------------------------------

Walker---------------------Cahill----------------------Mellberg---------------------------L.Young

Young---------------------Barry-----------------------Milner----------------------------Downing

-------------------------------Crouch----------------Maloney-----------------------------------

Subs: Sorensen, Hughes, Knight, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Routledge, Carlton Cole?

Meh. Bench is weak. But I think that team beats our current mess.

From all the strikers you could have chosen, how have you ended up with Crouch and Maloney??? and to top it off carlton cole on the bench??

From all the strikers you could have chosen, how have you ended up with Crouch and Maloney??? and to top it off carlton cole on the bench??

Humour me then and let me know which players you think used to play for us and are currently (as I stipulated at the top of the eleven) better than Crouch and Maloney.

Obviously these two didn't set the world alight here. But the likes of Carew and JPA are currently not playing as well as the two I picked.

My point was to see if we had let go eleven players who would right now have improved our league position. I think we have.

what about carew, would rather have him over crouch and maloney.

You'd rather have the player who can't get on the bench in the Championship than the two Premiership first-teamers. Why?

Have I just completely misunderstood the 'who would you have back?' question?! It's not really 'having them back' if we're moving the era they're playing for the club in, is it.

JPA was only ever good for about 1 season out of the 5 he was here !! the other times he was well below average........... i personally think he benefitted from the "nice guy" mentality....... similar to Cuellar does at present........

id much rather have Dalian Atkinson or Savo Milosevic over JPA

Agree with everything here. I really wanted him to do well because of that, but in reality he had 1 good season. His performance against Spurs in 2006 was the worst in a villa shirt.

Â