General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Sky are saying you'll make an official approach in the next 24 hrs, our CEO has said all approaches would be rejected.

After that, Gawd knows.

Isn't he on a year-by-year contract, which expired today?

Not that I would wish a manager to turn his back on a club, nor do I wish us to do it underhand, but surely if the contract hasn't been renewed then the CEO can't actually stop any approach..

Correct me if I'm wrong but a rolling contract means just that, rolling.

So, a new year started today, if indeed it ran out today.

First off, welcome to the site. We always welcome decent opposition fans here to talk about the game, whatever happens with Lambert feel free to stick around.

In terms of rolling contracts, they don't usually run out or expire. They are a constant 12 month deal so in effect renew every day.

Sky are saying you'll make an official approach in the next 24 hrs, our CEO has said all approaches would be rejected.

After that, Gawd knows.

Isn't he on a year-by-year contract, which expired today?

Not that I would wish a manager to turn his back on a club, nor do I wish us to do it underhand, but surely if the contract hasn't been renewed then the CEO can't actually stop any approach..

For the 47 millionth time in this thread alone, it is believed he is in a 1 year ROLLING contact which means he always has 1 year remaining. The same style contact MON had at villa.

get in line and take the players and managers from the teams just below you, same old no thinking no risk no bottle business.

Norwich finished above us?

I think you need to be realistic. Who other than PL are we going to get? Rafa? AVB? Come on now. AVB is still getting a massive pay-off from Chelsea, why would he give that up? Rafa, without massive investment he wont be coming and right now we don't have that type of money. Who else is there?

If we are to believe that RM representatives haven't been approched then its going to make very interesting who the people they have interviewed behind closed doors .

If it's not Lambert then I still think there is an outstanding candidate for me and its Glen Hoddle .

I know he wouldn't be universally popular and wasn't great at Wolves but Rogers wasn't great at Reading . Hoddle all day for me

A friend of mine worked at Wolves when Hoddle was there. He was aloof and very unpopular among the staff. He would be a disaster for Villa.

Now that BR and RM are out of the running it has got to be PL.

On the other hand they loved him at Swindon / Southampton and other than Eilleen Drury rubbish was decent for England .

I don't think he would be popular it's just my opinion he would be ideal for Villa.

PL isn't a bad shout but I just remember George Burley and Paul Jewell who had 1 decent season in the prem .

RDM v PL ? Maybe PL would be hungrier and yes everywhere he has been he has done well and was a top player so can see the merit in it .

I just think Lambert appears to be a manager destined to manage us. He just seems like a Villa manager, not massively exciting or revolutionary, will be progressive and will get us some decent results and take us back to our natural place in the pecking order i.e. somewhere between 6th and 9th. We will have a few good runs in the cup.

The cycle will probably be good for three to four years at which point he will leave by mutual consent.

If it is Lambert, then welcome to (Claret and Blue Glasses on!) the greatest club in the world.

After two seasons in which, for whatever reasons, the squad MON built up has been torn apart (although if you still want to see it, it s midfield plays for England) we really need someone with the same clarity of vision and purpose who can build his own team with a clear view of how they will play winning football.
Shame the defence hasn't been torn apart! They're bloody useless.
Well, they've got rid of Cuellar - will that make you happier? :winkold:

Seriously, this is why the last two years have been so utterly awful. Sold off all our best players and kept the fading ones. What sort of dumb-ass strategy is that?

AVB's talks fell through with Liverpool because he had stupid demands the top of which being a guaranteed contract where he was unable to be sacked for a set amount of time. He has apparently made similar demands when speaking to other clubs so he would no doubt ask for it from Villa as he is scared another early sacking after a year will finish him. He wants an insurance policy where no matter how 'revolutionary' he is - think Chelsea's old guard - he won't be made to look bad again by being sacked again in the midst of it.

From a top person proven source. Told thats the snag with the Roma job too.

Wow, I can understand him wanting that reassurance but what club willdo that? He should have more confidence in his own abilities to not be so demanding. Would anyone want a manager that is deffo tide to them for say 2 years? I really want AVB but if he is demanding that then I'm sorry he can jog on. What happens if we are bottom at Christmas... Probably wouldn't happen if we did get AVB but it's a big ask having a clause like that!

get in line and take the players and managers from the teams just below you, same old no thinking no risk no bottle business.

We`re not going to get the ones from above us are we. Same old no thinking no brain villa fan.

World_Map_FIFA2.svg.png

Yes lets limit our search to that tiny island in the atlantic, after all it's the centre of our flat earth

He should stay at Norwich & prove himself in season 2 IMHO

This.

Maybe Rodgers should have done the same. He isn't though...

But he's going in under Van Gaal

Totally different scenario

"Norwich is a bigger club than Villa"

"We have ambition Villa don't"

"Villa are going down we are going up"

"Can't see PL wanting to leave us for Villa."

Norwich fans... truly laughable. One good season in the Premier League and they think they are bigger than Villa.