General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Makes you wonder whats being said by RL and PF in the `chats' with OGS and Martinez..

`We have a great cafe at Bodymoor Heath, fancy a job?'

I just dont get how no-one is interested, especially when the people we have gone for have been from teams below us as such. I dont think the job is being sold very well..

Definitely do not want KMac, although if the statement said vibrant, then it's unlikely.

Don't read too much into the statement. When they said they were after someone vibrant it was probably aimed at OGS.

That statement meant **** all. They said they wanted somebody best fit to the club and it's fans last year and gave us mcleish.

Actions speak louder than words designed to sell season tickets

I think what everyone is forgetting is that there are currently 4 PL clubs without a manager - if I've kept count correctly.

Villa, WBA, Chelsea & Liverpool.

It maybe that some of the candidates we are looking at - may wish themselves to talk to the OTHER clubs who are also looking for a manager. I'm not saying that's ITK info I'm just stating the facts.

I'd much rather AVFC took their time and appointed the right man for the job.

These things take time............. we just need to chill and be patient.

There are 2 issues, Julie.

The first is PF said that they knew after Bolton so they are a month on and still doing "due dilligence" on candidates....why??!!!

Also out of the clubs you name. Villa needs by far the biggest amount of re-building. The new manager needs as much time as possible to plan, change the playing style and rebuild. The countdown for next season is on. If we are light on players we may be in serious danger.

If we were a comfortable mid table side I would agree...plenty of time. Sadly we are not.

I don't even know anymore. After the buzz and excitement around Solskjær and the subsequent falling through, I fear a repeat of last summer's drama and dysfunction. I feel like being a Villa fan anymore is a lesson in dealing with dashed hopes and expectations, adjusting those hopes and expectations to a significantly lower standard, and still somehow being remarkably disappointed with the results. I would have been thrilled with Solskjær, I'd still take Lambert or Martinez or a pipe dream appointment like Villas-Boas...but I fear Bruce, McCarthy, or worse.

Gary Megson.

Houllier - piss poor appointment, a has been who had to be convinced to come out of semi retirement and a desk Job for £3m a year to then patronise the fans and the club and maintain a lofty distance from the players

McLeish - ridiculous appointment from arch rivals of a manager with a track record of failure and woeful football

Do not **** up again Lerner / Faulkner, that means NO to McCarthy Bruce Curbishley

I used to sign Domingos on old skool champ manager.

Well I never thought Id say this this time, but I have reached mine (and most others no doubt) inevitable point of Villa's search for a new manager which is - Totally lost the will to live.

I think what everyone is forgetting is that there are currently 4 PL clubs without a manager - if I've kept count correctly.

Villa, WBA, Chelsea & Liverpool.

It maybe that some of the candidates we are looking at - may wish themselves to talk to the OTHER clubs who are also looking for a manager. I'm not saying that's ITK info I'm just stating the facts.

I'd much rather AVFC took their time and appointed the right man for the job.

These things take time............. we just need to chill and be patient.

He took his time last time, and the time before. Let's face it. No one wants the job, again!!