General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

If you are approaching the right candidate, when you whistle, he should come running.

If you are real madrid and the like then yes, but we are aston villa, we can`t just take our pick.

I understand your reasoning.

But, we should strike a balance between someone who is talented and ambitious with someone who would relish the chance to jump at a big job like ours.

Jesus, we're not Rotherham. There are surely talented managers who would be excited and totally committed to swapping their current situation with a chance to turn Villa around.

FFS I want rumours! There's pretty much nothing to talk about.
I heard a rumour, and I am not ITK so take this with a pinch of salt if you want, but the person we are looking at is a man.

Rumour has it that OSG is going to walk out of Molde and join Villa next week....he placed bet at William Hills in New Street on friday....still 5/1 there. OSG is ITK.....

:crylaugh:

If we have to settle for another average manager then Lerner really needs to **** off quickly.

He's the one **** up finances. He's the one making terrible decisions which is damaging our reputation.

I don't remember having to settle for average shit managers under Doug too often.

Mcleish was a disgrace. If we can't attract better than the likes of him and curbishley then the anger should be aimed at Lerner next season.

I still hold some hope we will be happy when this is sorted but given his history with us and the browns we probably won't be.

I heard a rumour, and I am not ITK so take this with a pinch of salt if you want, but the person we are looking at is a man.

You say that Richard but with Lerners past form I'd still need the newbie to drop his trousers to prove he'd met the criteria before being sure.

then the anger should be aimed at Lerner next season

Do you think it will be?

Not as much as it should.

Some seem far too forgiving when it comes to Lerner.

If we end up with another poor manager then surely there is no defending him.

Please don't let it be one of those ever-presents on the merrygo round. You know ,the Bruces Strachans etc who fiddle about for two or three seasons before flopping and ending up on gardening leave until another bunch of mugs take them on.

Mick McCarthy :!:
If Mick Mcarthy is the answer then I'd hate to see the question

I wouldn't put it past the clowns that run this club. They thought AM was the answer last year.

Mick McCarthy :!:
If Mick Mcarthy is the answer then I'd hate to see the question

When you say a manager to reinvigorate the club and bring back some vibrancy who did you have in mind Mr Faulkner?