General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

The tweets from Kendrick are deafening with their silence today.

Either day off or he's been told to keep his mouth shut by the club, I would surmise.

Or there's f all to say

AVB off to Liverpool apparantly
"Apparently" is my new least favourite word. Surpassing "untenable" which held the crown for only a few weeks beforehand.

Haha at least "untenable" became true!

My least favourite word is 'Stability'.

I really hate this word and those that trot it out as an alternative for the words 'we **** up again and so we need a couple of years of doing nothing much really'.

Wow, what a difference 24 hours makes.

Two threads locked on the two favourites for the job. As far as I can see, Lambert hasn't ruled himself out of the job. He just said he was happy at Norwich, not that he didn't want to manage Villa or did I miss something?

I still think he will be our manager personally. He is just very old-fashioned and does things the right way, in terms of not telling the media anything. This may not be ideal to Villa fans, but I think that is exactly the type of person Lerner would want. So Lambert for me is still the favourite.

We shall see.

The comments from Given today are important for me

We need a manager in place soon and the squad needs improving , we need to be getting players in place.

No shit sherlock obviously but to me shows the players are feeling edgy too

Either day off or he's been told to keep his mouth shut by the club, I would surmise.

Or there's f all to say

I think Julie is right here... if memory serves me correctly Kendrick was very very quick last night to reiterate a number of times that there is no evidence to show that OGS was offered the job in the first place.

I think he is keeping a low profile to keep his source as sweet as possible.

looks like OGS has gone down the shitter (not too bothered as I was one of the cautious ones that thought it too much of a risk)...

I don't think Paul Lambert has ruled himself out he just got pissed off talking about it when he hasn't even been approached

so out of the realistic possibilities in order of preference:

1. Benitez

2. Lambert

3. Martinez

4. Ranieri

5. Hoddle

6. Poyet

7. Clark

8. Curbishley

9. Any other young and hungry foreign manager with zero experience but has an impressive 45 minute youtube video to his name

If none of these are to be our manager then in my eyes it is going to be another truly horrific managerial appointment from RL and PF

You missed the likes of McCarthy, Bruce and some other shit managers off your list. Don't forget, Lerner has a history (at Cleveland Browns and Villa) of appointing useless pricks to manage his teams.

Those two cretins you mention would come under the "truly horrific managerial appointments" i refer to in my last sentence

Or there's f all to say

I think Julie is right here... if memory serves me correctly Kendrick was very very quick last night to reiterate a number of times that there is no evidence to show that OGS was offered the job in the first place.

I think he is keeping a low profile to keep his source as sweet as possible.

He also posted that A-Ha (Take on me) video on Twitter yesterday but now it's vanished. One can only assume he's removed it.

The comments from Given today are important for me

We need a manager in place soon and the squad needs improving , we need to be getting players in place.

No shit sherlock obviously but to me shows the players are feeling edgy too

Neil Moxley has stated the opposite as theirs no rush! Their bloody is our squad needs major repairing.

Anyone think the new manager could be announced tomorrow/Friday and we won't have a clue who it is until it's announced?

They might...at least I hope so, I don't think VTers could wait over another weekend without getting aneurysms.

Ok, longshot and unproven but this has to be one of the more up and coming young managers in europe... My suggestion Heiko Vogel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiko_Vogel

32 Games.. 24 Wins.. 6 Draws.. 2 Losses.. Damn impressive.

Two of those against Man. Utd. one of the losses against Benfica, knows how to develop young players and getting them ready. But might be difficult to get him away from Basel though, but it is young up and coming managers like him we need to go for IMO.

This, this & this. Exactly why I wanted OGS. Dont care how we play once we get results, thats what I always admired about Jose. He had a system it was ugly but it's won him a hell of a lot of trophies.

1. Benitez

How can you call benitez realistic?

yep it proabably is wishful thinking but if rumours are true we did contact him last year but he wanted too much transfer money...

if we can give him that this year then i'd like to see him here...

he's not getting the liverpool job so may be worth a shot...

doubt it though

Yeah I don't Dis agree, I just don't think randy is going to give him the Transfer budget he wants, Plus if it was out of AVB or RB, I Would go with AVB all day long.

Wonder if any of the ITKs can throw us a bone?
Come on cant believe people are still hankering for supposed ITK information

TBF, I think that there is a certain amount of ITK out there, but obviously it is quite limited and people cling onto it a bit to much. It could be all the ITK's this time round were correct, but there was a genuine change of mind by OGS; no matter how high up the food chain you are, you won't be able to prepare for that. However, I do understand your skepticism.

Personally, I'd love to hear any credibly information... this week for me has been the best week of the season. I've loved the drama of it all... watching Norwegian TV etc etc... much better than 0-0 at Stoke. :)

It was also nice having the majority of the Villa fans united for the first time since O'Neill's reign.

It's already starting to become a repeat of last summer. We're talking to potential managers, who feel this might be a decent job; within five minutes of talking to Lerner and Falkner they've been told there's not a pot to piss in and they've got to get the best out of Stephen Warnock, James Collins and Barry Bannan and they are out of the building in a flash.

Meanwhile there's a huge media storm around the whole thing, leaving us looking like absolute idiots. Bet you any money this'll drag on till after the Euro's, with conveniently not much time to add to the squad and Alan Curbishley will rock up all smiles and wavy hands.