General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Of course not but it's never good practice for a future journalist to make spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. It becomes second nature to you. If you know the proper grammar, why wouldn't you use it? Why go out of your way to add an extra 'o' to 'to' like you have done a few times? Why put a fullstop after a sentence that you've already ended with a question-mark? These are just things that you don't do as a journalist.

Also, other people have picked up on other holes in your story. For me, a big one seems to be that you said you're 90% sure that Lambert will be our manager come monday, yet you're now saying that he hasn't even been approached? How can you be so sure Lambert will say yes? You don't know what he's thinking. You also dodged my other gripe about why Talksport aren't running the Flores thing as a story themselves.

It's not like I don't want to believe you, you're just making it difficult!

Oh and the creature below my name (not sure what it has to do with anything) is the thing that lives under your bed...

I thought it was the creature/pet thingy from Dark Crystal?

Also, why do these 'factual, don't shoot the messenger' type posts with top secret info no one else has heard always come from new users? I now we were all new users once upon a time and im not saying all new users are desperate to stand out or anything but y'know.......

.... This is some i thought would interest you guys. I certainly was. ecspecially flores's clams of the playing budget this season. 8 million plus 50% of player sales. Again this is according to flores himself.

The Gent is confuddled, surely if 'TalkSport' were privy to such information they would announce it as an exclusive, "8 mil-8mil, phone in now". Furthermore, with all due respect, history suggests TalkSport do not hold highest journalist due diligence and moral gentlemanly, they would therefore have no qualms about throwing this rumour fish into the dirty sea. In fact, Daily Hate-mail Moxey was purporting the opposite on Talksport, "Learner will provide funds, etc. etc."

I concur with the reasoning here, Gentleman. Whilst it may be true that we're not a headline act for the station, like Liverpool or the Manchester Clubs, there's more than enough there to stir up the Villa fans into phoning in, in addition to the bragging rights of, 'you heard it here first'.

I loathe to doubt a fellow poster, but I can't help but feel that there is indeed the whiff of bovine faeces aloft in the air.

Talksport occasionally get news, but more often than not they just talk about news other reporters have found.

If the phonecall was genuine and the information relayed was understood correctly and your source has reiterated it correctly, my only explanation would be that the board will offer a foreign, 'lacking-Prem experience' manager a lower wage budget, to minimise risk.

Who knows?

Maybe Lerner will be more than happy to give a manager like Lambert/ Martinez/ Rodgers a budget of £20m+, because of their experience of English football.

Indoubtedly old boy. I suspect this cad is a rank outsider and a left hander. His musings are highly dubious and contradictory.

Have him horsewhipped from the estates and send his credentials to the constabulary for investigations.

They may reveal a known bounder from the small heath poorhouses.

I know as much about the next Villa manager as I know about VillaOnSea. I would guess the next Villa manager will be Lambert, and I would guess that VillaOnSea is a 14 year old kid having a bit of fun.

Both could be true, both could be false. However, I would sooner put money on VillaOnSea being a kid than Lambert taking the villa job.

Then the devil take you. Damn and blast, I would make a most triumphant field foreman the likes of which the empire has scarcely seen.

If only I could stop buggering indian serving girls and shooting rare and exotic animals.

Indoubtedly old boy. I suspect this cad is a rank outsider and a left hander. His musings are highly dubious and contradictory.

Have him horsewhipped from the estates and send his credentials to the constabulary for investigations.

Chipper old boy, well said! what, what. Bounders from small eaff are everywhere why only just the other day one was removed from Villa Park with great haste, toff toff.

Or in English, Yeah agreed mate, sounds like a nose on a wind up, he can **** right off along with Mcleish!

I think we will hear something today as I'd like to think we have someone identified and the wheels are already well in motion in getting them. From what Faulkner said it seems we have known since the Bolton game that McLeish would be going and the swiftness of his sacking would suggest that the decision was made some time ago. Therefore they have had around a month to decide who they want.

I hope we are much more ruthless than we have been in the past and go all out to get the man we want and step on a few toes and upset a few people if need be. The priority has to be Aston Villa football club and if it means upsetting a chairman/chief executive of another club then so be it.

There are some very good managers around and Aston Villa really shouldn't be a difficult club to sell to the likes of Lambert, Rodgers, Martinez.

I really hope Randy and Faulkner don't let us down again. This is a massive appointment and will tell us everything about where Randy wants to now take us. Make the wrong choice now and we could well be relegated next season. Make the right choice though and this club will take off again. The fans are desperate for an appointment they can believe in, one that we feel we can get right behind and go forward with as a club.

^What this gentleman said. The unmistakeable whiff of a Small Heath Capite censi. No need to concern the constabulary old chap. Deal with this dandy troll miscreant the old fashioned way.

10r8lcl.jpg

Here's where I'm at. I think we all read far too much into betting odds, media speculation and bell-end ITK's, the reality - which barely needs pointing out but plainly does - is that there is only one man who is going to make this decision and that man doesn't speak to the media, the bookies and isn't chatting down the pub to some ITK's sister's best friends hamster. Unless you can read RL's mind then you are not 'in the know'. It's just a fact that Villa now works a bit differently and whilst it's frustrating for us fans, the only way that we're going to get a whiff of who the new manager is is when and if that manager (or their chairman) leaks something out before the official announcement, a la McLeish.

With that reality in mind, I suspect that the real 'manager search' process is much closer to RL having his own opinion, listening to the opinions of others and then drawing up a wish list and asking PF to go through the process of approaching the clubs and individuals on it.

If that is true then I think Lambert, Martinez and Rodgers will all say no to us. I know some will get uppity about that but they're all managing clubs on the up (or seemingly so) and why would they give that up to come to a club that is genuinely struggling (unless they were being promised a big cash pot which they're clearly not going to get from RL - it would make no sense of the post-MON regime approach to a sustainable financial strategy)? I think we are then left with a lower league manager, or a foreign manager who wants to manage in the Premier league. This leaves me to think that Poyet is the outstanding candidate from outside the PL and then the possibility of the likes of Rijkard, AVB, Solskjar, etc come into play if we are to look abroad.

All that to say, I'm therefore ITK and Gus Poyet will be announced the new Villa manager at a 4:15pm press conference tomorrow afternoon (there will be 4 chairs and a pallet of Macron purple shirts in the background).

we've all focused on Faulkners 'Vibrant' - quote - but what about his 'can grow with the club' - an internal appointment - as I speak KMAC odds are shortening - not by much but he has crept up to 4th favorite now - I fancy him to move in even more tommorow

KMAC was mentioned on twitter yesterday as a surprise candidate.

Whats everyones thoughts on this as a possibility?

Completely underwhelming. Has no experience at rebuilding.

we've all focused on Faulkners 'Vibrant' - quote - but what about his 'can grow with the club' - an internal appointment - as I speak KMAC odds are shortening - not by much but he has crept up to 4th favorite now - I fancy him to move in even more tommorow

KMAC was mentioned on twitter yesterday as a surprise candidate.

Whats everyones thoughts on this as a possibility?

Completely underwhelming. Has no experience at rebuilding.

Would not surprise me if he were appointed

The "cheaper" option no compo needed e.t.c