General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

As much as I look forward to a new manager I gail to see why there is so much love for Lambert. He could turn out to be brilliant but could be just another Owen Coyle who has one good season.

An obvious thing to say but we absolutely must make the right managerial appointment this time. The club has been in crisis since the second O'Neill left and it just cannot go on like this any longer. The manager needs to be young, to have the time to build something here; he needs to get the best out of an average squad and work under financial constraints and ride the storm for a few years. He needs to be hungry and most importantly restore our pride, get the team playing some decent football and restore our reputation around the world.

It's an extremely tough job, that's for sure. But I believe there's someone that can do it.

My Short list

(may not be gettable but I'm hoping were a more attractive proposition that last year, with a few of the dead wood big earners gone. And I hope Randy will invest)

1 - Moyes

2 - Benitez

3 - Hiddink

4 - Lambert

5 - Martinez

6 - Poyet

I think it will be Gus Poyet.

Randy's statement about 'making sure the club is moving in the right direction' Seems to me he may have dropped the PL experience bit.

I just don't see Lambert and Faulkner making a happy couple.

I'm not sure on Lambert. Obviously I'd support him and take him over McLeish but the club still needs big changes. I feel Lambert would be more of a "get the best out of what we've got" kind of manager than a revolutionary.

im happy for anyone with a passport to sign players from abroad and plays attacking football

im sure all season only about 5 goals where scored in front of me home or away

All the people wanting a revolution, we need to have some sort of baese for a revolution.

Bringing in a manager who tries too turn us into Barca is all well and good, but it's not going to happen from day one.

We'll need to take a step back to taake a step forwards. If we do that now it could be disatrous.

We NEED a manager who can get the best out of what we have, at least at first.

For me that man is Lambert. Give him a couple of years to get us stable and further up the table. If he's capable of then giving us this "revolution" we all crave then great. If not, then we're in a much better position to change personnel and go from there.

I feel bringing in someone like Martinez or Rodgers and expecting them to turn us into a passing team overnight could prove disastrous.

All the people wanting a revolution, we need to have some sort of baese for a revolution.

Bringing in a manager who tries too turn us into Barca is all well and good, but it's not going to happen from day one.

We'll need to take a step back to taake a step forwards. If we do that now it could be disatrous.

We NEED a manager who can get the best out of what we have, at least at first.

For me that man is Lambert. Give him a couple of years to get us stable and further up the table. If he's capable of then giving us this "revolution" we all crave then great. If not, then we're in a much better position to change personnel and go from there.

I feel bringing in someone like Martinez or Rodgers and expecting them to turn us into a passing team overnight could prove disastrous.

Completely agree. Also on Rodgers he has basically continued Martinez' work at Swansea. Didn't he completely fail when he tried to do it at Reading?