General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

kin embarrassing if we're chasing the Norwich manager

Good luck to norwich, i hope he stays put

You won't be happy unless we unveil Mourinho.

Laudrup

Benitez

Klinsmann

Let's be realistic now. At best I'd say, based on our squad and past few seasons, we'd be lucky to be rated in the top 10 of the Premier League. Also our stock in Europe is almost 0 due to lack of European football. The above 3 would probably respond with "Aston who?"

On that logic so would the current crop of BYT's - Lambert, Bob M & Rodgers

The point being we are not in any position to just turn up and say "we're Aston Villa sign this contract" Out stock has dropped dramatically over the last few years. We need to sell the club to managers and doing that to the likes of Laudrup and Klinsman would involve monumental amounts of money. With all due respect we can however offer a better job to a manager coming from Norwich, Swansea or Wigan.

Whilst I can see the point you are making, isn't Laudrup out of work? IF and it's a very big IF he was interested in continuing with his management development a role at a decent sized English club like ourselves may be seen as a perfect step back into management. Not that I think we will get him, but I could see why if offered the role he would take it under serious consideration. The point re Klinsman is very valid.

Laudrup's Wiki makes good reading, talking about his teams playing attacking flowing football and having to rebuild teams and get rid of aging players....... sounds very familiar!

One big question I have over Lambert is his transfer policy. Would he look abroad for players? I get the impression he'd only buy British.

That is my concern as well.. I am tired of buying British. We are pretty much the most British team in the Premier League and yet the England team shows us year on year that most English players aren't great compared to the rest of Europe and the World.. I would love this coming transfer window to be filled with players with names I can barely pronounce.

If we are looking to appoint early next week......and we know that Lambert and Martinez are targets .....then the 3rd man has to be someone we know will definitley take the job...........Mcdonald, ???

kin embarrassing if we're chasing the Norwich manager

Good luck to norwich, i hope he stays put

You won't be happy unless we unveil Mourinho.

Laudrup

Benitez

Klinsmann

Let's be realistic now. At best I'd say, based on our squad and past few seasons, we'd be lucky to be rated in the top 10 of the Premier League. Also our stock in Europe is almost 0 due to lack of European football. The above 3 would probably respond with "Aston who?"

On that logic so would the current crop of BYT's - Lambert, Bob M & Rodgers

The point being we are not in any position to just turn up and say "we're Aston Villa sign this contract" Out stock has dropped dramatically over the last few years. We need to sell the club to managers and doing that to the likes of Laudrup and Klinsman would involve monumental amounts of money. With all due respect we can however offer a better job to a manager coming from Norwich, Swansea or Wigan.

Whilst I can see the point you are making, isn't Laudrup out of work? IF and it's a very big IF he was interested in continuing with his management development a role at a decent sized English club like ourselves may be seen as a perfect step back into management. Not that I think we will get him, but I could see why if offered the role he would take it under serious consideration. The point re Klinsman is very valid.

Laudrup's Wiki makes good reading, talking about his teams playing attacking flowing football and having to rebuild teams and get rid of aging players....... sounds very familiar!

If you go through the list of clubs Laudrup has managed in spain, they werent exactly the top teams, in fact Mallorca was in absolute dire shit when he was in charge. We are not as glossy as we were before MON left but we are not as bad as some made out of.

And also the fact that the next Villa manager will be working with a less pressurised environment because of how bad we were with McLeish last year. They know they dont have to perform miracle to be better than the shit we have had last year.

I would love this coming transfer window to be filled with players with names I can barely pronounce.

Starting with this guy - Sun Xiang

A replacement for Warnock

& Overnight we'd have multi millions of viewers / exposure to the Far East

If we are looking to appoint early next week......and we know that Lambert and Martinez are targets .....then the 3rd man has to be someone we know will definitley take the job...........Mcdonald, ???
Stop going on about KMac.

I just couldn't take the post match interviews with Lambert, a dour Scot bemoaning our missing defence at set pieces.

As for Bobby M, he just comes over like a waiter struggling to understand what you ordered for starters

I disagree it would be like watching your least favourite Geography teacher who hates the site of most of the class having to discuss their progress with Mummies & Daddies at parents evening.

Could be quite entertaining!...

Not sure the likes of Kendrick, Abraham or Colley will be relishing the thought though!

And then there will be the interviews with Sir Jack! :)

I really do not think Lambert is an option for us. I appreciate what Wiz is saying about the man, and I think he is correct in what he is saying. I have a buddy who is a norwich fan and he is basically saying the same thing. However, things do happen in football so it really is a case of wait and see.

I do not want us to hire someone who is working in the prem at the moment. I want someone fresh who is going to come in and really try to do something.

Martinez - been in the prem a few years now and consistently fighting at the bottom, normally with newly promoted teams. He is young and maybe has a few tactical skills, but he is not the man for us.

Lambert - safe option, but need to see how he gets on next season to determine if I think he is any good or not.

Rodgers - best out the three, but again needs another season with Swansea to see what damage he can really do. I believe he will go on to be a decent manager.

I DO NOT WANT ANY OF THESE AT VILLA NEXT SEASON.

RANDY PLEASE TREAT US AFTER THE LAST MESS UPS.