General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

After the recent Carlos interview there sounds like there is problems at board level too which dont help.

Where can I find this interview?

Yeah, released player in dig at former club shocker...........

I bet he wouldnt have been moaning had we chucked another massive contract at him to sit on the bench.......

id say letting players that are as overpayed as he was go from the club, means that the board are finally doing the right thing IMO

We need the owner, whoever he is, to Either: Spend loads of cash OR Make shrewd, careful decisions (preferably both). Sadly he has done neither for more than two years.

one part of that isn't true.

he has spent loads of cash on keeping us afloat in the last 2 years.

somewhere between £20-£40m a year, to offset the huge losses Aston Villa makes.

Whoever comes in, Job 1 on the to do list is ship out all the troublemakers (we know who they are)

This in itself is a tough job let alone sorting replacements

It will need a very strong character IMHO to crack this

yeah, though i'm not sure its even going to be possible to ship out the troublemakers.

who is going to want 3 awful defenders, on over-inflated wages, who are also potential troublemakers.

I think we're going to have wait till their contracts finish next summer, before we can get rid of them.

Mat Kendrick says AVFC remain relaxed in their search have spoken to RM representatives and have sounded out KMac, after all this if we employ KMac, it will be a massive disapppointment for me.

i'd hope they aren't that stupid to employ KMac... but then they did employ AMC.

Whoever comes in, Job 1 on the to do list is ship out all the troublemakers (we know who they are)

This in itself is a tough job let alone sorting replacements

It will need a very strong character IMHO to crack this

yeah, though i'm not sure its even going to be possible to ship out the troublemakers.

who is going to want 3 awful defenders, on over-inflated wages, who are also potential troublemakers.

martin-o-neill-86527447.jpg

Mat Kendrick says AVFC remain relaxed in their search have spoken to RM representatives and have sounded out KMac, after all this if we employ KMac, it will be a massive disapppointment for me.

i'd hope they aren't that stupid to employ KMac... but then they did employ AMC.

If we are then they are crazy. Should not even be a consideration. This appointment will show a lot about the aspirations of this club.

we will go down with k mac in charge. no-way on earth should he be appointed

Agreed. If it was any national paper then I wouldn't have believed it but it seems they give bits to Kendrick.

If it happened and he was appointed, it would tell me there is no money and Randy has lost interest.

Strange comment. The defence was shocking because of those two (along with Warnock and Hutton).

Not really. We went from one of the best defensive records to one of the worst and houllier openly refused to address the situation.

Them needing replacing is something I agree with. However I see little evidence to suggest we need a manager who can control them or put them in their place.

Actually, Houllier said he couldn't do anything about the defence until that summer. There's a difference between refusing to do something and not being able to do something. Looks like he was right, as under the next manager the defence continued to be just as shit. I hate McLeish more than anyone but he was not the only reason for the shambolic defending last season. The biggest culprits were Warnock, Dunne, Collins and Hutton. Unfortunately neither McLeish nor Houllier actually dropped them, although Houllier to his credit did drop Warnock for a very large part of the season.

No, we don't need a manager who can control them - we need a manager who will get rid of them or at the very least not play them.

Actually, Houllier said the defence's problems were down to them playing a zonal system, all the fault of...you've guessed it, Martin O'Neill. He said he wouldn't change this four year "habit" until the summer. I recall thinking at the time, "Why the hell not?" It was one of his many crazy statements as his chaotic "management" of Villa started to fall to pieces. The team plays the way the manager tells them, right?

In any event, his claims looked a bit pale when you consider that in 2009-10 Villa's defence conceded 39 league goals, the 4th best defensive record in the PL. Houliier was on his way to delivering a record of 59 league goals conceded, so 20 more than 12 months before with basically the same defenders but with the bonus of one of the best right backs we've had for a while!

At least Mcleish managed to pull the defence back a little way from that - "only" 53 conceded - but this is one of the major areas that needs to be addressed by our next manager, along with the problem of, er, scoring hardly any goals.

I think this idea that the trio of Dunne, Collins and Warnock make a good defensive unit has been blown out of the water now. That's two successive season with different managers where they've been shit, and they weren't even that good towards the back end of 09/10.

the staff and many of the players want kmac... at the end of the day, the players want stability. four managers in two years is too many - kmac is 100 per cent committed to the villa and having somoene who will still be at the villa in three years stands for something with the squad and staff.

the staff and many of the players want kmac... at the end of the day, the players want stability. four managers in two years is too many - kmac is 100 per cent committed to the villa and having somoene who will still be at the villa in three years stands for something with the squad and staff.
KMac is not the answer. The fact that the players seem to want him isn't necessarily a good thing.

NO NO NO! :winkold:

KMac is a coach and part of the problem.

The players want him because they will get an easy ride from him.

Continuity with a NEW regime is needed.

Kevin Mac jesus times are tough, dont think he'll get it though, in fairness he probably applied and they thought, out of respect for his time at the club he deserved an interview. Last time he shat his pants and said it was too big for him I dont see whats changed.

i didn't say that i thought he should be given the job. from what i hear, he did put his name in to be considered, and the players / staff wanted him. on that basis, his being interviewed should be no surprise to anyone...

i don't for a second think he'll get the job though...