General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I remember the ZX81 where you had to program all the games yourself before playing them. Loading them off a cassette? Sci-fi!

Is that the one with the rubber keys?

No that was the Spectrum. The ZX81 had a plastic flat keyboard.

I remember the ZX81 where you had to program all the games yourself before playing them. Loading them off a cassette? Sci-fi!

Is that the one with the rubber keys?

No that was the Spectrum. The ZX81 had a plastic flat keyboard.

Ah yes, I had a ZX Spectrum + with plastic keys. Moved on to the +2 before the siren that was the Amiga.

My first was an amiga 1200.

Can't help but think that what with the private jet being sent out, OGS must have been first choice. I think that after him saying he would wait on Villa for the next move, they will have been disappointed at the final outcome.

The waiter would be a good appointment, but I don't see it fitting with the criteria that has been set out.

I've got a feeling it will be someone more leftfield, simply because I can't see the favourites taking the job.

I had a spectrum that came apart, I had to put it bac together with duct tape
I'm pretty sure that would have been wrong. Apparently that is for guttering. Sure it wasn't duck tape?

BTW^^^^^Thanks CI for uttering the terrible words "Ellis-Venglos". I'm so upset I've had to go back to bed, maybe for the rest of the summer.

Perfectly put StanBalaban! No wonder kids have practically NO attention span whatsoever

by the time they go to school. Everything HAS to be NOW!

We just need a bit of Enya back in our lives.

Perfectly put StanBalaban! No wonder kids have practically NO attention span whatsoever

Is it just me who finds that suggestion worrying?

We're all victims of the instant gratification generation. I personally lay the blame at the common or garden disc - be it floppy or compact!

When I wanted to play a computer game on my old ZX Spectrum I would load the cassette into the tape deck, sit back and wait. I would then reload the tape as the loading process would inevitably crash at some point until finally the game would eventually load up. Ah the joys, the feelings, the emotions, the happiness!!!!

Even if that game was the worst game in the world, I would still give it time, give it a chance to win me over - mainly because I'd waited the last 11 days for the thing to boot up, so I wasn't going to turn it off after 5 minutes. Then, one day, along came my Commodore Amiga, with it's fancy disc drive, pirated games and graphics so good it was like staring out of a window and into a new world of fantasy.

I had an extensive collection of discs, each taking a couple of minutes to load, and even less time to copy. It was my first experience of "on demand", hotly followed by the CD.

As a result I never gave anything a chance.

Didn't like a song? I'd skip it, moving to the next track, only to skip that because the intro didn't immediately appeal to me.

Now with our iPods, Sky +, movies on demand, iPlayers and torrent downloads we've lost our patience, our ability to savour the anticipation and, for me, it's all because of the humble disc.

So, with that in mind, for **** sake Randy appoint someone now, I need it done so I can skip to the next part of my life!

:flag::rant:

what an entertaining post....so bloody right.What a neurotic lot we have become.

ps.... is it still 9 months for a baby?...come on God get yer finger out.

Christ I knew we wanted a young manager but thats just not right.

no, you are not alone :lol:

No its not. But if we all here could just pull in One Direction.