General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I wouldn't have faith in Faulkner to walk down the shop and pick me up a decent bottle of milk, let alone make a decision about a game he has demonstrated he knows nothing about.

Its going to be someone shit, when you look at the list we are apparantly in talks with its a poor list.

I hope I am wrong and an AVB, FLores walks through the door but can't see it.

Am I the only one that hasn't completely ruled out OGS? I know it seems to be all over but the complete silence of the last few days and how the club are apparently "relaxed" about the managerial search makes me wonder whether everything is as it seems. Gazton also said that his contact said to "expect drama" and that he wouldn't be able to speak to his contact again until the weekend. Strangely enough we haven't seen Gazton on here for days. I thought he'd be back to tell us what was going on.

As you know, I was just as hopeful as you on this and really was clinging on to straws. I also think the whole thing is dead, as does everyone. What I don't like is, pretty much everything about it.

a) Gazton has been on here but hasn't posted, because he's probably a bit sheepish. He's acknowledged he gets told from the source in good faith, but nobody could see this happening. I think he expected drama (as MM might have done too), but they didn't expect this conclusion. The family moving seems to have come out of nowhere.

B) Why the **** has the family problem come out of nowhere? Gazton has hinted at "ooh, March or April maybe?". It looks like Lerner and Faulkner wanted McLeish out a long time ago, and planned Ole. Scouted him out. Tapped up a bit. Agreed the talks, he had a get out clause to come to a Premier league club. McLeish sacked and plane flies out a few days later. I've never seen Lerner move so quickly. Ole takes part in press conference where he looks furious with the owners. Ole issues come and get me. Big **** you out of the blue.

The board might not have had a proper backup plan, because it wasn't needed. We'd got our man months ago. But, just in case, the backup plan was 1. Prising Lambert away 2. prising Rodgers away 3. Prising Martinez away (in no order).

Our board, for some reasons understandably and for some reasons not are again, for different reasons, **** miles out of their depth in the cutthroat business of massive overinflated football contracts.

I await a decision. Lerner is on the cusp of revitalizing his club or fans like me losing their patience after a long battle understanding his position.

PS. I might totally eat my words if we make a late appointment and it turns out to be a pretty good one.

I agree with a lot of what you say - this is a big one for Lerner - his aspirations for the club will be revealed by this next appointment.

Totally agree OGS was in the bag - even if he wasn't by the law of averages wed get Lambert/Martinez/Rodgers - Hence the vibrant statement by Faulkner.............trouble is pool sacked kenny, - which ruled out Matinez as plan b .....than Ole appears to have been lent on....

I don't think anything underhand is going on ie ole will join us in the pre season break ....and its all planned.....

But what if Ole on reflection - just can't put the villa job out of his mind ? - Hes not going to go from Molde to manu ........and he imo won't get a bigger club than villa interested in him.......

TBF, I'm completely pissed off with hearing about OGS and whether he was or wasn't offered our job. He was never good enough for us and it seems he wasn't ever seriously interested - or his head was messed about what he really wanted.

We've had a lucky escape. Whetheror not RL is capable of finding us a manager appropriate to our standing and aspirations is another matter - my guess is not.

How do you know he wasn't good enough for us? We'll never know whether or not he would've been good enough for us.

Liverpool and Henry are notorious for being quiet on deals they are making yet they tell the fans who they are talking to and when they plan to do it. Why does RL tell the fans nothing about the management process??? Is it because they are talking to nobody??? I reckon thats why. The only statement they said is they arent waiting on Liverpool to pick their manager. Why tell us that??? Is it because they have nothing else to tell us is my guess and that was a strange thing to tell us in the first place. Trying to fool the fans into thinking they are doing something. Sure he is even away back to the states until Tuesday. I hope i am proved wrong but the lack of info they provide to fans who are the foundations of the club makes me sick.

Am I the only one that hasn't completely ruled out OGS? I know it seems to be all over but the complete silence of the last few days and how the club are apparently "relaxed" about the managerial search makes me wonder whether everything is as it seems. Gazton also said that his contact said to "expect drama" and that he wouldn't be able to speak to his contact again until the weekend. Strangely enough we haven't seen Gazton on here for days. I thought he'd be back to tell us what was going on.

I dunno, I'm not getting my hopes up and I certainly won't be putting any bets on it but at the same time I wouldn't be completely surprised if he was announced as Villa manager on June 1st.

To be honest I'm stumped right now. I have absolutely no idea who our next manager will be.

Yeah, Gazton said there was going to be a "charade played out". Trouble is this is a pretty **** convincing charade at the moment :(

I have a feeling that Kendrick is going to tweet something after midnight..........Just a hunch.
Thats a pretty specific guess mate. Something you're not telling us?

Good question :!: I don't believe a member of this site would tease us like that without info?

Why are people saying they're not doing anything? They were talking to people this week.

I'm not having a go, but who were they talking to this week?

No one knows but OGS even said last week that they were talking to others this week.

Why are people saying they're not doing anything? They were talking to people this week.

I'm not having a go, but who were they talking to this week?

Daily Mail says we talked to Martinez's agents on Thursday.

Martinez is very much in demand and is also now the clear favourite to land the Aston Villa job.

Villa have not offered the job yet to the Spaniard, despite holding talks with Martinez’s agents on Thursday, but he was owner Randy Lerner's first choice 12 months ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2150077/Liverpool-offered-Roberto-Martinez-job.html

I dunno, I'm not getting my hopes up and I certainly won't be putting any bets on it but at the same time I wouldn't be completely surprised if he was announced as Villa manager on June 1st.

To be honest I'm stumped right now. I have absolutely no idea who our next manager will be.

Yeah, Gazton said there was going to be a "charade played out". Trouble is this is a pretty **** convincing charade at the moment :(
Unfortunately Gazton wasn't sure whether the "charade" was OGS going to meet Rokke or OGS pulling out of contention for the job. Now to me the charade would appear to be OGS pulling out of contention for the Villa job. Surely Gazton must've spoken to his contact by now? Hopefully he'll come and put this to bed soon. :lol:

what do VT'ers think of Glenn Hoddle being Villa manager? Technically and tactically astute, young-ish, and perhaps looking for that next "big club". Not sure how he well he would control spending etc......

what do VT'ers think of Glenn Hoddle being Villa manager? Technically and tactically astute, young-ish, and perhaps looking for that next "big club". Not sure how he well he would control spending etc......

Hoddle is 54. He's older than McLeish. No. Just no.

He's been out of management for a long time. Many vacancies have come and gone at various levels and he's got none of them. There are reasons for that.